Thread: Help with xbox 360 rock band 2 disk problem

Insert Coin (Level 0) lookfun78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help with xbox 360 rock band 2 disk problem

My problem with rock band 2 on xbox 360 is that once I finish a song and it tries to save it says that the disk needs to be clean. I cleaned it and still have that problem. I can run the disk for hours without problem, but one I finish a song and it tries to save is when I run into the problem. I mean from the normal wear like all xbox 360 disk have it looks fine. Any suggestions of how to fix?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

Quote Originally Posted by lookfun78 View Post
    My problem with rock band 2 on xbox 360 is that once I finish a song and it tries to save it says that the disk needs to be clean. I cleaned it and still have that problem. I can run the disk for hours without problem, but one I finish a song and it tries to save is when I run into the problem. I mean from the normal wear like all xbox 360 disk have it looks fine. Any suggestions of how to fix?
    Does it say you need to clean the disc, or is giving you the "can't read disc" error?

This happened to me, except after I played a downloaded song, and not just exclusive to rock band - it was for every guitar hero and rock band out there. The fix? Install the game to your hard drive. Mine would make an awful "buzz" sound after a song and it would bomb out. DVD Drive probably needs to be cleaned out, or you're about to experience the RRoD, or both.

The only explanation other than those 2 issues I noted above are problems with the code - when playing any DLC, the game disc stops spinning, and sits idle for too long for the code to properly spin it back up. I doubt this is the case, but it very well could be possible. Anyways. Yea. Install it to your HD.
    Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii VC), Ghostbusters (Wii), DJ Hero (360, 5* All songs on Expert), Mario Kart Wii