Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playstation Move Impressions at launch and onward...

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    If it's a software based issue there is a possibility that it could be patched.

Based on the fact that every single review I see mentions it Namco MUST know that it's an issue, and there are a bunch of other Move titles that don't have reticule float issues ... so it's certainly a possibility that there can be a fix.

Instead of rage returning the game and Move why not just put it down until a possible patch is released. Give it a bit and see if Namco gets one out there.

I've read that this version of Time Crisis is also compatible with the PS3 Guncon. You could probably pick one of those up on the cheap if you absolutely MUST have a Time Crisis fix in the meantime.

*EDIT* WAIT WAIT, JUST FOUND A POSSIBLE FIX FOR YOU:

Before you play, disable the magnetometer tracking in the XMB accessory menu by going to the first calibration screen and pressing triangle. This eliminates cursor drift.
    Sadly, it seems I forgot to mention, I did indeed try to disable the magnetometer and...still the same. I know now it is definitely Time Crisis as sports Champions didnt have this problem. As for the drifting, I could understand if the cursor floated back to a neutral center location but it doesn't. It literally starts walking away on its own..sometimes to the right and sometimes to the left..

As for Namco fixing it, I'm not too sure. I read on some Namco board or blog that some people asked for a simple fix of letting people reload with the Navigation controller or another controller (which COULD be a simple fix too) and the Namco rep, I guess, was kind of an ass about it and said its no big deal to them so too bad for the players...

Ah well. I'll try and sell it. If no takers, I'll just let it sit there and perhaps someone else will release some fun shooters with better controls...
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    Sadly, it seems I forgot to mention, I did indeed try to disable the magnetometer and...still the same. I know now it is definitely Time Crisis as sports Champions didnt have this problem. As for the drifting, I could understand if the cursor floated back to a neutral center location but it doesn't. It literally starts walking away on its own..sometimes to the right and sometimes to the left..

As for Namco fixing it, I'm not too sure. I read on some Namco board or blog that some people asked for a simple fix of letting people reload with the Navigation controller or another controller (which COULD be a simple fix too) and the Namco rep, I guess, was kind of an ass about it and said its no big deal to them so too bad for the players...

Ah well. I'll try and sell it. If no takers, I'll just let it sit there and perhaps someone else will release some fun shooters with better controls...
    Ahhh, damn. Thought that was an option you didn't check.

Oh well, that sucks. Best of luck with a patch ... who knows, the Namco rep might not have a real clue what's going on. Most broken games do typically get patched if enough people bitch about them online. Fingers crossed.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Re-visiting my Move thread to add some impressions on the Sharpshooter.

I know I'm late to the party, but I was holding out and hoping that Sony would bundle Killzone 3 with a Move Sharpshooter controller ...

... and since that didn't ever seem to happen (yet anyway) and Joe had a few of the stand-alone Sharpshooters at the store yesterday while we were filming the latest episode of the podcast I decided to take the plunge.

Where compatible software is concerned I have The Shoot (which doesn't need the navigation controller) and M.A.G., and I downloaded the Killzone 3 demo to see if there was anything to be excited about.

Holy crap.

HOLY. CRAP.

I'm going to resonate what some of the reviews that I had read back in March or April (whenever the Sharpshooter dropped) said, where motion-controlled FPS games are concerned it is simply AMAZING what they've done with this bit of kit.

Even in the face of really good motion control FPS games on the Wii like Metroid Prime 3 this thing brings a layer of "done right" that I've never seen before.

With a tiny bit of tweaking of the dead-zone and turn sensitivity options I was controlling it like a champ, and also like I've never controlled an FPS before.

Between the natural weight/heft of the Sharpshooter, the amazing ergonomic buttons and their layout (I especially like the reload button where you slam the magazine into the bottom of the gun) this thing makes Killzone a friggin immersive experience. I was actually feeling pretty intense and breathing pretty heavy as I rushed for cover and popped out to cap some bad guys.

Being late to the party aside, I need to actually pop out and pick up a copy of Killzone 3 because I've played through the demo using the Sharpshooter about 3 times which I don't think I'd even CONSIDER doing if I was just using the Dual Shock controller.

Also, I finally feel good about buying that MOVE Navigation controller.

Anybody else have one of these things or am I the first on the forums?

Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 06-20-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    *stuff*
    I picked up the SOCOM Full Deployment Edition at its launch. The pack came with the PS Eye, Move Controller, Nav Controller, Sharpshooter, and game for 150 bucks I think. I didn't have any of the move equipment so it seemed like a good deal, and was good timing with the release of Killzone 3 a short while before. (so I got it before you )

I gotta agree with you on all counts, I really love the Move and especially with the Sharpshooter.

I think that sony went the smart route with it and instead of making just a piece of shaped plastic, integrating the controls in intuitive ways.

Instead of just being a cradle for the move controller, it actually plugs into the sharpshooter and all the controls are mapped onto the corresponding buttons on the move. You shouldn't ever have to worry about an internal mechanism wearing out over time and their is no input lag. I really love the reload button and the reload pump action in the controller, things like that really get you into the game.

My only complaint about the Sharpshooter is that the stock is a bit flimsy and feels like it would easily bend or break if stepped on or mishandled.

I'm not sure about other games (SOCOM is sitting unopened at the moment) but Killzone was filled with options and I usually ran with my deadzone pretty small just incase I had to turn around quickly.

It takes time switching from the dual shock to the move+sharpshooter but its a run alternative way to play. There was actually a group of players on the Killzone forums who were complaining that move users had a competitive advantage to dual shock players for a while.

Overall I really like Sony's handling of the whole move idea. Its much more accurate out of the box then I thought it would be and they seem to be actively supporting without throwing it in your face constantly.

Edit:

And now that I'm aware that RE5 Gold Edition has Move Support I might pick it up. Anyone have any experience with it?
    Last edited by substantial_snake; 06-20-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Double Post

(What is with the constant 505 errors lately? It double posts me then fails to bump the thread regardless of my post going thought?)
    Last edited by substantial_snake; 06-20-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Double Post

(What is with the constant 505 errors lately? It double posts me then fails to bump the thread regardless of my post going thought?)
    Some unknown factors that admins have been trying to diagnose. Annoying, but overall better than the complete site outages that we suffered with the old forum host a few months back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

GREAT ... now this is one of those threads that you can't get to the 2nd page of responses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Default Playstation Move Thread Test Merge

Hopefully merging this with my old MOVE thread will fix the page structure error.

Either that or the universe will collapse in on itself.

Here goes nothing!