Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2010 Finds

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default October 2010 Finds

It’s October, and the forums are back…huzzah! A few finds from yesterday and last week:

Found an opened, but like new Halo Mega Blocks Locust and Gausshog set at Goodwill yesterday…no missing pieces that I could tell…$9.99.

A local independent used game store sadly went out of business last week, Lost Melodys in Waukesha. They had a 70% off sale the last few days, and I picked up a few gems I had had my eye on, but were too expensive without the discount:

SNES Tetris Attack demo cart, Marked $40 - $12 after discount

Channel F #26 Alien Invasion…a rather hard to find cart, a space invaders clone, and the last commercially produced cart for the Fairchild Channel F, marked $50 - $15 after discount

Glad the forums are back, I missed seeing everyone’s finds!

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

Stopped into a Goodwill yesterday and found this...

The damn people at this Goodwill like to wrap packing tape around anything, VHS, DVD, etc. Well luckily I was able to get it all off without damaging the box.

I also found these at another Goodwill that had a few sealed PC games. I grabbed the sealed ones.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Talk about 2K Monies. WOW.

Should I repost the stuff I found during the September downtime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing really worth taking pictures of.

Games:
    Resale Shop
    Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - $5
    Life Force - $5

Gamestop
    Earthworm Jim (GBA) - $4.49
    GBA - GCN link cable - $.89

Yesterday i was mainly planning to go to Gamestops to look for a cover variant of Phantom Hourglass that I wanted. I was going to one when I thought I'd stop at a resale shop as the last time I went it was closed. I went in there and was more surprised at how they had tons of knick knacks. They did have a small game section, but everything seemed to be overpriced ($20 for Pokemon Blue overpriced). I saw a box of older games and picked out Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Life Force as they seemed priced okay.

Then I went to a Gamestop and spent half an hour searching for the boxes for Phantom Hourglass only to not find it. I did have a nice chat with the sales associate though. I picked up Earthworm Jim as I was replacing my copy and a GBA- GCN Link cable. I now have three of those and perhaps if I get 4 I can convince people to play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with me!
    I have a sig?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

Today's lot featured:

CIB Zelda - A link to the past SNES (With Map) - $10
    CIB Shadow Gate - $5
    FF Mystic Quest - $5
    Ogre Battle - $25
    Zombies ate my neighbors - $3
    Lufia & The Fortress of Doom - $3

Total Price: $51

The guy who was selling Mystic Quest & Ogre Battle wouldn't budge much on prices, though I convinced him to drop $5 on each. He was an ebay price checker for sure though.

Also, since most of September the forums were down, I received (mainly at the end of the month):

River City Ransom & Battletoads for NES for $4 shipped.
    Story on this one: A guy a NAge was suppose to ship me River City and Zelda 2 for $14. I get the package, and it's those 2 games. Kind of pissed, I asked him what happened. He said I can keep the games and he'll refund my $$. I told him to just refund $10, and he did. Plus his communication sucked and he was in the "Hall of Shame" thread at NAge and didn't want another negative feedback. Story is a bit longer than this, but that's the gist of it.

GameCube + Avatar: The Last Airbender sealed (GCN) + Phantasy Star 4 for $16 or $21. Can't remember because shipping was practically double. Good person to deal with too btw.

Final Fantasy 3j Repro Cart: $37 from nesreproductions. Great work from there as well.

Super Mario Bros 2. NES - $5 shipped

Super Mario RPG - $18 shipped

and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.
    Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii VC), Ghostbusters (Wii), DJ Hero (360, 5* All songs on Expert), Mario Kart Wii

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Posting this even though it is pretty old, because this is the best way to force me to log my purchases in my spreadsheet.

NES was $5, no ac and no games, but I asked if she had games. She sorta grinned sheepishly and said she has a bunch for her NES that she is keeping. Then she remembered she'd recently found a big box of more NES stuff and went to check if she had duplicates. She came out with those 3 and a couple others I wasn't interested in and I paid a buck each.

Stuff in the middle was .50 or .25 each, cords/controllers along the bottom were 1.95-2.95 (plus 25% off) from a thrift, as was the Sonic DX guide. PS game is Silent Hill for $2, no manual, obviously. Halo Wars guides were $1.50 each, rescued from a SA where they'd be sitting for a long time, I just finally got there during the right 50% off color week.

Paid $20 for all this stuff. The Gen box has the cardboard holder, but no console... they were just going to toss it. The Four Score is like new, and the main reason I picked up everything. This was all at a sale nearby that advertised lots of NES, PS1, PS2 games and a segaCD. I think the best stuff went pre-sale. Grrr.

Thought these Tomy Pocket Games were pretty cool for .20 each or so. Anyone know anything about them? They are from around '76-'78. Also grabbed a new Thomas engine for my son for $1.80 (-25%), which was a steal, those things are 10+ at Target.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Thought these Tomy Pocket Games were pretty cool for .20 each or so. Anyone know anything about them? They are from around '76-'78. Also grabbed a new Thomas engine for my son for $1.80 (-25%), which was a steal, those things are 10+ at Target.
    Very cool...I love Tomy pocket games, and pick them up whenever I see them...just recently got a Tomy Pacman game...like the fact that you don't need batteries. Have never seen one in its original packaging however...not sure if there are hardcore Tomy pocket collectors out there, or if the original box makes them more valuable like with video games. But everything seems to be collected these days, so I wouldn't be surprised. Love the "pocket" look to the box too...nice finds!

Rich

P.S. Googling didn't turn up any rarity or value discussions, but I did find a site with a list of released games:

http://worldofstuart.excellentconten...teers/list.htm

Enjoy!
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last week I found a PS2 Codebreaker, v9.0, with a second disc. I thought that the second disc went with it but it turned out to be a another copy of Codebreaker, v9.1 . Those were $1 for both...

Yeah and that's really it, it's seems I've hit a dry spell video game-wise since DP went down :/

Err... anyways flea market today and it was dead. I found a CD containing 69 sound effects from Star Trek:TOS, $0.50. XD Dunno what I can do with that but it seems like quite the Kitsune Sniper buy. Also, Eurythmics Touch and Rockwell Somebody's Watching Me on vinyl, $2 a pop. Also got a labeless original Gameboy game for $0.25. I got home and cleaned it and it refuses to work so it's quite the mystery. And yep, that's all I got at the flea market today.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 10-2-10 & Flea Market 10-3-10

Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge (PS2, Complete) & Sonic The Hedgohog 3 (Genesis, Cart) - $1.25
    The Incredible Hulk: The Pantheon Saga (PS1, Complete) - $2
    Ratatouille: Food Frenzy & Meteos: Disney Magic (NDS, Both Card Only) - $1
    Forgotten Worlds (Genesis, Boxed) & Toughman Contest (32x, Complete) - $2
    2600 Joystick - .25

First Sale PS2 games a buck each and 1 lone Genesis game in Sonic 3 for .25. The Playstation game was asking price from a vender at a flea market type deal they do twice a year. I asked about video games at one sale to be told that the kids loose the games in the couch and they usually get thrown out when found if the kids don't care about them and the guy mentioned some DS games he found but didn't throw out yet. I offered a buck for Meteos and he said I could take them both for that price. Picked out 2 Genesis games at a sale that had a few out marked $2 each, no problem taking $2 for both. Saw the 2600 joystick out no price took a quarter for it.

N64 With 1 Controller, Hookups & 2 Games (Mario Party 3 & WCW NWO Revenge) - $7
    Conker: Live & Reloaded, Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb (Xbox, Both Complete) - $6

I only did a seperate picture for this stuff as I actually ran out and tripped over this sale shortly after 2 and had already taken a picture of everything else already. Unadvertised sale in town that I've been to before a few years ago and they were all set up as 2 sales at one house. The N64 stuff was marked $15 and I offered $5 for it which was countered with $7. The other half of the sale had some PS2 & Xbox games and I picked out Conker, was $5 a game but took my offer of $3. I actually had to come back as I had no money on me and when I came back I ended up asking about $5 with Indiana Jones added in but they countered with $6 for both so I just went with it instead of trying to argue it to save a buck.

10 2600 Games & Some Manuals, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (PS2, Complete) & Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories (PS1, Complete) - $5
    ClayFighter & Mercs (Complete & Cart Only) - $2

This stuff was from the first flea market I went to. I was interested in the 2600 stuff and BG;DA II this was from the same guy that remembers me from the N64 stuff & Saturn system only etc. He said he'd make me a deal when he noticed me looking at the stuff. He ended up saying $10 then I said I was thinking $5 and asked about meeting in the middle and I agreed his counter of $7. He ended up saying $5 would be ok and asked me if I had a use for the lone PS1 game he wanted rid of which he added in. The 6 games in the second row I got from him along with Asteroids, Crystal Castles, Seaquest & Super Breakout which ain't pictured for reasons to be. One table had a few Genesis games which were a buck each and I picked out two and got the Sonic Spinball case and manual for free when the game was noticed to be missing.

Taboo: The Sixth Sense - $3
    Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (Disc Only) - $1
    Dolphin, Millipede, Sky Jinks & Winter Games - 4 2600 Dupes I Mentioned From The Last Find

Only ended up buying & trading from 1 seller at the second flea market I went to. Most of the games were $3 or 2 for $5. I picked out Taboo & 3 2600 games and offered $6 (would have been $10 at asking) to which I was told that 2 for $5 was the best that could be done and I politely said I have a hard time paying more then a buck per a 2600 game. I ended up going with Taboo still and finding Crash in a dollar bin. BSing with the guy I ended up asking if trading was of interest to him which was. I picked out the 4 2600 games I got and offered 6 games to him (Berserk & Astroblast also) but he said a 4:4 trade would be ok and gave me back the two games I just mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy XI hard drive bundle $5
    Halo Reach countdown clock--free
    Halo Reach big ass three foot display--free
    Targus cooling fan--free due to the other one dying in a mere three months

The FFXI bundle didn't have a price on it so I gave it to the cashier and asked her how much. She then gave it to one of the people who sorted thru stuff and he took it in the back. After a few minutes he came out and told the cashier it was $25. I told her I wasn't interested for that price and she said she'd only charge me $5 since I always shop there. Plus, she knows that the reason some of the stuff doesn't sell there is because the people who do the prices mark things too high sometimes. It's as if they think their store is called ebay or amazon instead of Goodwill. But luckily cashiers like Kim are there to correct their mistakes.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post

I don't find Pocket Games too often, but I go crazy when I come across one. I used to love those things when I was a kid. My original was that Obstacle Course game. I don't know what it's worth or how rare it is, but it seems that Obstacle Course is the most fondly remembered game in the line. I wish I knew where mine was.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Got myself a used 80GIG PS3 for $150, came with a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Now if I only have a working TV...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Re-post from the September thread, now with pictures. Some of this stuff isn't from this weekend's pull but I included it as the forums haven't been online.

- Weights: $1
    - NES Games: $0.50 each
    - PS1 Game: $0.50
    - N64 Game (NBA Showtime): $0.50
    - SNES + N64 Stuff: $5 (also included some cables which aren't pictured - 28 games total, four SNES, 24 N64)
    - Sony Surround System: $20
    - Seven SNES games: $7 (picked these up the other week, believe I posted them in the September thread but can't remember).
    - Elo Touchscreen Monitor: Free (old equipment being thrown out at stepfather's job)
    - Sony Minidisc player + Pioneer CD changer: $2.99 each (CD changer missing the magazine but oh well)
    - COMPAQ C-Series Handheld PC CIB (most of the packaging has been unopened, such as discs): $10

If anyone's interested in any of the gaming stuff, let me know. Since I'm a Sega and Sony collector, this Nintendo stuff has little use for me. PM me if you would like a list but there's a lot of Mario games in the lot. Also willing to part with the Minidisc player, CD Changer, and handheld PC if someone collects those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ever since DP is down, I managed to pick up a lot of games for the month of September & these few days.

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 09:42 PM.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wanted to take pics but my camera isn't the greatest taking pics at night so mebbe I'll try in the morning. I happened upon a few things here and there and I'll list them out and perhaps edit this post if I can get pics in order.

Picked up Atelier Rorona LE from GS. I put a small tear on the flap trying to get the box open. Btw Scour, it looks like you got a music CD for the game in one of your pics, did you get that from the Rosen Queen website? The LE box from GS only has the game and art book.

Found Magnetica and Super Fruitfall for $6 and $8. Got a B2G1F on some DC games at a local mom n' pop store, I snagged Pen Pen Tri Icelon, Ooga Booga, and Flogian Bros.

Other than that, I happened upon Supreme Commander 2 for PC for $5 and some change. I took advantage of GS marking down their delisted PC games to 75% off on that one. I also snapped up the Steelbook pre-order cases for the Blu-Ray releases of Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story 3.

Today I found a pair of titles for just over $10 each, Space Invaders Extreme 2 (DS) and Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii). The Trauma Center has a decent amount of scratches on it so that may be going back to the store.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Btw Scour, it looks like you got a music CD for the game in one of your pics, did you get that from the Rosen Queen website? The LE box from GS only has the game and art book.
    Yes I did order it from NIS store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

This past weekend I found a Mickey Mouse Panorama Game & Watch in very mint condition at a flea market for $25. Pics to come soon.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Hello there, backlog! Copied and pasted from Atari Age (with some updates):

Wednesday, September 22:

$9 total.

Friday, September 24:

OSX 10.4 was $25, the other games were $10 total.

Saturday, September 25:

Free from the guy I bought the PC games from the day before. He asked me for help with something, and when I picked those out he gave 'em to me for free.

Monday, September 27:

Diablo + Hellfire were $1 each. The PC capture device was $5. Kilrathi Saga is not complete, it's just two manuals and three of the five CDs. But it was $2, I figured someone may want the CDs and manuals to complete their copy. The Game Shark was $3, and it was stuck in a Saturn without any cables.

Tuesday, September 28:

$3 total, the Spider-Man CD is sealed. (Or was!) The Gold Finger is up for trade.

Wednesday, September 29:

$4 total.

Office:Mac v.X was $3, Office:Mac 2004 was $1
    The Morcheeba two-CD set was $2, I'd been looking for the "Who Can You Trust?" CD for over a year and I ended up finding this two CD set with a bunch of B-Sides. Squirrel Nut Zippers: Perennial Favorites is... well, I was missing this CD, I bought a bunch of their CDs a while back but this one was missing. It's the cardboard release, and the case is stained, but it'll hold me out until I can get the jewel case version.

Diablo II, Expansion, Warcraft III Expansion - $5 for these and they'll be on eBay soon enough.

Thursday September 30:

CDs were $1 each. Not pictured: Nascar Racing 2003 Season, which has already been sold. I got that along with Little Mermaid 2 (shut up!) for $3. Super Mario World was $3 and that's from Friday.

Yes, I FINALLY found an Information Society album in the wild! Not only that, but Cause and Effect's second album, and Camouflage's first album. Those guys performed "The Great Commandment" which some DJ in my hometown always played in the early mornings when my alarm went off during my highschool years.

October 4:

Blood II: The Chosen (new) - $3
    Connectix Virtual PC 5 (complete) - $3
    The Royal Tenenbaums Criterion two disc (reshrinked, used but in good shape) - $1
    The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino and Hoppy - $3

I'm curious, is Royal Tenenbaums supposed to have a booklet? The discs are in good shape, but there's nothing inside the case other than the DVDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

All I got was Mario DDR + Pad today. Thanks Joe!
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I'm curious, is Royal Tenenbaums supposed to have a booklet? The discs are in good shape, but there's nothing inside the case other than the DVDs.
    Tenenbaums actually has TWO inserts; both are more fold-out than bookish. One insert is sketches of the sets and the other is notes from the movie, special thanks, et cetera.