Thread: Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Thoughts and impressions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I just opened my copy and noticed that the PS3 version comes in one entire disc, which is pretty neat.

Still, overall the "Collector's Edition" was pretty terrible. It was cool that it came in a mock book, and when opened revealed the mini art book, cardboard slip where the music CD is stored in, the manual and game disc. Still, at $80 it is mind boggling horrid. This "CE" edition should have been only $10 more the retail price, not $20 more.

Of course, this is a matter of opinion, but the LE/CE edition is not worth the $80 price tag. I got it for $25 through Amazon ($40 - $15 credit I had), so it was excellent. But I feel for those who purchased it for $80 when it came out.

The game, on the other hand, is awesome. I really like it, a tad hard (need to practice a bit), but overall a great game. Does not resemble much Castlevania as it reminds me of GoW for some odd reason. Otherwise a great game, crappy LE packaging.
    About the packaging, yeah the artwork isn't really worth it, but for me the soundtrack if offered is a must. I would definitely have preferred more plastic than paper for the package as a whole. Overall I thought the game was good although it is indeed very similar to God of War. At least they didn't make to game too short.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game ain't so bad, nothing special though.

Fuck Konami for sending out one of their best franchises to be developed outside of Japan. Just like Street Fighter, Castlevania games should always be produced by Japanese developers. If you can't be bothered to make it yourself, don't make it at all.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo View Post
    About the packaging, yeah the artwork isn't really worth it, but for me the soundtrack if offered is a must. I would definitely have preferred more plastic than paper for the package as a whole. Overall I thought the game was good although it is indeed very similar to God of War. At least they didn't make to game too short.
    If there is one word you cannot use to describe this game, it's short. I've been putting a ton of hours into this game, and I still see a lot of closed dots on my world map. I've generally been going through chapters only once as well.

Each time I finish a chapter, even if I get all of the gems on the first run, I still seem to get only about 60% complete max. Not sure if I'm going to go back and re-complete these other chapters. If anyone has, is it really worth it?