Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So premium and standard means that there's no cockpit view? That's stupid if that's the case. I thought the premium cars had more damage modeling, not that they didn't have a cockpit view. I hate bumper view, but I also don't like hood view either. If there's no cockpit view I'm going to use the regular view.

Since I'll only be playing this until Test Drive Unlimited 2 comes out since it got delayed until February, I'll just wait until everyone else gets the game and tells their opinion.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I've ranted elsewhere, Fuck you Polyphony.

No Nissan S12 Silvias and yet 29, twenty-bleeping-nine Miatas!?!
    Also, no SA22C RX-7s or RX-3 or RX-4s.

To hell with GT5. I tried the demo the other day and while I'm sure many options were locked Professional mode did not impress. ASM out the god damn wazoo which ruins the game. The only car half decent was the rally vehicle (Citroen maybe).
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Where's the '69 Charger at??

I love that car in GT2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    So premium and standard means that there's no cockpit view? That's stupid if that's the case. I thought the premium cars had more damage modeling, not that they didn't have a cockpit view. I hate bumper view, but I also don't like hood view either. If there's no cockpit view I'm going to use the regular view.
    Premium cars offer a detailed cockpit view and have advanced damage modeling.

Standard cars (Which represent the bulk of the vehicles) are ports from Gran Turismo 4 and lack a cockpit view and just have basic damage modeling.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Which cars are standard and which are premium? I am disappointed to find out that only premium cars have the cockpit view. The car list is also slightly disappointing, as I would like to see more American and European cars and less Japanese. Which cars are exclusive to GT5? Also, is Gamestop still going to have the collector's edition, as I have preordered it but it only shows the standard version on their website?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by psx95 View Post
    Which cars are standard and which are premium?
    http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...cial-car-list/ I don't know about the accuracy of this, but it's probably not too far off.

I'm somewhat disappointed (ok totally disappointed) in the track list.
    No more:
    El Capitan
    New York
    Seattle
    Grand Canyon
    Infineon Raceway

Well, no worries because... HEY WAIT!! That's my 5 favorite tracks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psx95 View Post
    Which cars are standard and which are premium?
    Anything with an S only is standard only. P only is premium only. S and P I'm guessing there are two different cars. Here's the with S and/or P beside each car name.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp...arlist_en.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not shocked at it because most of the domestic car list was carried straight over from Gran Turismo 4 so I fully expected it, but beyond a handful of Chevys and Fords, the few American cars included are just standard vehicles.

I think we're in for an excellent game, but there sure are several very annoying aspects to the included features. Hope the important part (The action on the track) doesn't disappoint.

I would've given up the detailed interiors to just have the cockpits portion modeled that you'd actually be able to see during gameplay for each car.

One benefit of the relatively small North American and European vehicle list is it's realistic with a good bit of effort to possibly own them all if you ignore the Japanese vehicles as much as possible (I'm sure you'll have to buy a few of them to meet race requirements when there's no suitable vehicle from another region).
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-19-2010 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got an email today that my copy has been shipped from Toys R Us! If I'm lucky I will get it tomorrow...

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's Gran Turismo, Yamauchi's whacked out obsession with realism. As before, you take from the game what you will and disregard the rest. I know two things. It will not be perfect...and it will consume vast amounts of my time. Good enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I am not a huge fan of the points/experience system. I miss being able to drive whatever car depending on my money.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    I am not a huge fan of the points/experience system. I miss being able to drive whatever car depending on my money.
    Yeah thats not the greatest design. Though I got the Japanese limited edition which came with all 5 of the stealth cars. The poor US got those cars split up into separate store pre-order bonuses. Feels rather cheesy to have been able to start with a race tuned Mclaren F1 and other GT cars from level 1 but oh well.

To be honest I haven't been blown away as I thought I would be. I guess after 6 years perhaps expectations were set a bit too high? It's still a great game though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I was wondering if GT5 was ever going to come out as well, but at least it's here! I've been playing it non stop for the last few days, and although it's by no means perfect, it's certainly a fantastic game.

First off the pros, the graphics are amazing for the most part. Most of the tracks are stunningly detailed, especially the night tracks, while some of the older tracks like Grand Valley look like they were just taken from GT4 and given a slight facelift. The lower end cars look good to great, with some of them looking like slightly altered GT4 cars. The premium cars are gorgeous and beautifully detailed. There is absolutely NO slowdown, everything runs at a smooth 60 f/s. The engine sounds are truly authentic, every car sounds different from one another, as the lower end cars are pretty quiet,while the premium cars like vettes and lambos sound like beasts. The control and handling of the cars is the tighest they've ever been. New additions like cart racing, Nascar, and online just add to the already crazy longevity that this game will give people. There's also a huge amount of tuning and customization you can do as well.

Now onto the cons. The cons are far and few between, so here we go: the A.I. is still pretty retarded a good chunk of the time. The soundtrack is shitty techno and metal stuff for the most part. The menus could have been a little better designed, but a minor detail. The load times can be a little lengthy sometimes, but are pretty speedy most of the time. Lastly the car damage is pretty minimal. These to me, are all very minor flaws though, and have very little impact on what otherwise is a stellar game. Some of the reviews I've read about this game, nitpick and dwell too much on little, insignificant shit like this, and they also bitch about the fact that GT5 is only for racing fans, well that's all it's ever been for! It's always been a hardcore racing sim, not a quick pick up and play arcade racer. Solid 9/10!
    Last edited by duffmanth; 11-27-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope the development team gets a really long break after this but considering the lead designer already let slip that GT6 is well in the planning stage I doubt it will be a long enough break for them. And I also bet GT6 won't be out until the next Sony console, although they should atleast release some updated versions to GT5 in the interim.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    And I also bet GT6 won't be out until the next Sony console, although they should atleast release some updated versions to GT5 in the interim.
    Gran Turismo 5: Epilogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    Watch this come true in a few years.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone have a 3D setup? I'd like to know if GT5's 3D extends into splitscreen multiplayer. I'm guessing it doesn't, but I'd like to be wrong.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I picked it up this afternoon and I can say that yes, it DOES have 3D splitscreen. As far as I know, GT5 may be the only PS3 game with such a feature as of yet. My whole family sat around and watched. I like that you can tweak the 3D effect, but it would help to have an image preview.

I haven't even started single player yet, but this is really impressive so far. I've never played GT, or very many racing games at all for that matter, so my opinion might be different from that of a longtime fan. It's really fun so far, but I wish that I had analog throttle.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

i wasnt sure where i should have posted this, but fuck it, here is as good as anywhere, has anyone ever used this controller made by fanatec (the same ppl who make the porshe steering wheel) to play any racing games?

im thinking about buying this for gt5, anything to help me shave off a few seconds in these license tests where literally the difference between gold and silver is a millisecond would be a godsend

plus i like the look and quirk of it all, i know its a ps2 controller, but im sure it'll work just fine with an adapter, im just looking for 1 person to tell me it works even close to advertised for me to green light the purchase, there are very few reviews online and of those, many were negative, but didnt give too much insight as to why. this is why i rarely place too much stock into proffessional review sites, because i always feel they have an agenda

also while on the topic of controllers, anyone use any wheels for this like the logitech g series?
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 released.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/spec2/

Quoting this again, but with the amount of changes that have been made, we might see some sort of complete version.