Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS2 PS3 re-release hopes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PS2 PS3 re-release hopes?

With ICO/SOTC and GOW1&2 (That's all of them right?) I'm hoping the see a Kingdom Hearts 1&2 PS3 remake with the two Final Mix localized versions. I'm pretty surprised there's been no translation patch for either of them so I've wanted to play them since their release but with no real way to without a guide on hand.. which kind of ruins it for me. So when kingdom heats 3 inevitably gets announced I'm hoping to see this happen. Anyone else hoping to see some PS3 HD ports?
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Won't happen but I would love to see GTA: San Andreas redone with RAGE.

Isn't there a Sly Cooper collection coming out too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't really think of anything on the PS2 side, but I would pay 65 bucks on day one to get a Halo 1 & 2 collection on the 360 with shiny new HD graphics, achievements, and online multiplayer campaign and matchmaking support. How awesome would that be?
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shin Megami games
    Shadow Hearts series
    Xenosaga 1-3
    Onimusha 1-3
    Zone of the Enders 1 and 2
    Metal Gear Solid 1-3
    Silent Hill 2-4
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They've only been Sony published game so far right? God of War, Ico/Shadow, Sly Cooper Trilogy.

I'd love to see Frequency and Amplitude get re released but I'm pretty sure the song licensing would be a nightmare to get the rights to again. I'd like Sony to have a set to "reintroduce" some games that can possibly have another life like Mark of Kri, War of the Monsters and Primal. If they can do that set, that would be pretty awesome. It would also be awesome if Capcom could put out a set with SFIII: Third Strike, CVS2, and they could even just tack on MVC2 or SF2 Turbo HD remix. As long as all of them had online gameplay, I'd be in.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Ubisoft has announced the three Prince of Persia games. I've heard the PS2 games were actually good and I've never played a Prince of Persia other than the original so I'll probably pick that game up.

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Shin Megami Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga series
    Xenosaga 1-3
    Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 Special Edition(come on Capcom. Don't let me down.)
    Suikoden 3, 4, and 5
    Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, and Legacy of Kain Defiance
    Armored Core PS2 games(with an Armored Core Online included using Last Raven's parts and balance.)
    Yakuza 1 and 2
    Resident Evil Outbreak series(with less load times and bring back online.)

I'd like to see these get HD ports. I own every game listed but I'd definitely pick them up. I'd rather pay more money for a better version of a game I already own that doesn't suck and I know I'll play multiple times rather than buy a new game that sucks balls(which is most everything released now days.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

I would love to see a kings field collection on the PS3, they would have to update the ps1 games but would be great to have.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    (...) It would also be awesome if Capcom could put out a set with SFIII: Third Strike, CVS2, and they could even just tack on MVC2 or SF2 Turbo HD remix. As long as all of them had online gameplay, I'd be in.
    I doubt Capcom would bother to put any of these on a disc - it's easier (and more profitable) for them to sell these older games via digital distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Shin Megami games
    Shadow Hearts series
    Xenosaga 1-3
    Onimusha 1-3
    Metal Gear Solid 1-3
    Silent Hill 2-4
    Have to agree with most of these. Never played the Yakuza games, are they any good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There are several others in the works as well beyond the 1st party collections already mentioned and Ubisoft's Prince of Persia collection.

Ubisoft is giving Beyond Good & Evil the HD treatment with a XBLA/PSN release in mind (Not really part of this program, but it's along the same lines).

And as part of Sony's Classics HD line, Ubisoft is working on a Rayman Trilogy and a Splinter Cell Trilogy.

And Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection is also confirmed to be underway and is part of the Classics HD line, although there seems to be a bit of confusion over just what the content of it will be. Some say it's going to include HD versions of MK1/2/3, some say it will include MK1/2 and UMK3, and some say it's going to include Armageddon, Deception, and Shaolin Monks. Including the three PS2 titles would make the most sense and best fit the program.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-22-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What is wrong with you people ?

Those games are so fresh and you want a re-release ?!?!?!? ..... That is the reason this generation is a fail, almost everyone wanna re-play recent games
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I fail to see the harm in a handful of rereleases of excellent titles from the preceding generation that are redone to take advantage of the HD televisions so many of us now own.

They're economical to develop and are released at budget prices. Furthermore, it's hardly anything new. We see games get rereleased from preceding generations all the time in each console generation. And they're hardly dominating the sales charts and monopolizing the time of gamers.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 01-25-2015 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

My dream HD re-release would be Shadow of the Colossus...and since that's actually happening, I'm at a loss to think of anything else.

Resident Evil 4? Of course the PS2/PS3 controller sucks for that game...so maybe not. Then again, it's Capcom. I've heard they like to re-release games from time to time.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Resident Evil 4? Of course the PS2/PS3 controller sucks for that game...so maybe not. Then again, it's Capcom. I've heard they like to re-release games from time to time.
    They could always offer support for the Move, then they could retain the Wii style controls as an option.

Insert Coin (Level 0) betamax001's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SaturnXmkII

As long as the games keep the orignal 4:3 display in addition to 16:9, I'd be more than happy to get the HD remakes.
    NES, Atari 7800, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Atari Flashback 2, Limited Edition Red Wii, PS3 Slim, GBC, GBA, GBASP, DS Lite, and PSP 3000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post

Those games are so fresh and you want a re-release ?!?!?!? ..... That is the reason this generation is a fail, almost everyone wanna re-play recent games
    Because they're new enough to truly benefit from an HD makeover when many older games are not?
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd really like Shinobi, bundled with Nightshade.

PS2 graphics have a tendency to be pretty rough. The generation's other consoles are easier on the eyes, but PS2 games are in a position to especially benefit from the visual upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    And as part of Sony's Classics HD line, Ubisoft is working on a Rayman Trilogy and a Splinter Cell Trilogy.
    Weren't the PS2 versions of Splinter Cell significant downgrades, with gameplay differences, from Xbox? Seems silly that they'd do Splinter Cell that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

That is the reason this generation is a fail, almost everyone wanna re-play recent games
    You didn't like Mario All-Stars?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Weren't the PS2 versions of Splinter Cell significant downgrades, with gameplay differences, from Xbox? Seems silly that they'd do Splinter Cell that way.
    From my understanding it was a hardware issue with the PS2.

If Ubi is doing a Splinter Cell set, why not release every Splinter Cell into a single package? I'd love to play Conviction on my PS3 and I don't have a 360 and I read the PC port was terrible.

I'd happily pay $80-100 to have the original last-gen titles in HD with Double Agent and Conviction in a Collector's Edition. Throw in a pair of those working goggles and I'd consider paying more. Excellent stealth series.

I'd love to see Manhunt in HD but that's not happening for obvious reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    It's not a Playstation 2 emulator running original code. So I'm sure they're going to be the definitive console versions of these games and that they won't restrict themselves to just using the assets of the Playstation 2 titles as they port them over. I suspect that Pandora Tomorrow for example will have all the benefits of the PC and Xbox versions while having things like the bonus mission that the inferior PS2 and GameCube version of the game had to compensate for the downgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    If Ubi is doing a Splinter Cell set, why not release every Splinter Cell into a single package? I'd love to play Conviction on my PS3 and I don't have a 360 and I read the PC port was terrible.

I'd happily pay $80-100 to have the original last-gen titles in HD with Double Agent and Conviction in a Collector's Edition. Throw in a pair of those working goggles and I'd consider paying more. Excellent stealth series.
    The reasons are rather obvious.

Because this is a compilation of material from the preceding console generation, not this one. If they had any interest in releasing Conviction on the PS3, they'd of ported it and released it back in April for $60 when the game launched rather then tossing it into a $40 compilation.

And Double Agent was released on the Playstation 3 back in 2007. It would've been nice to see the SD console version of it that the Xbox/PS2/GCN/Wii saw since it was a very different game, but they'd rather be selling Double Agent in 2010 on the PS3 as a Greatest Hit's release rather then as part of a budget compilation.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-23-2010 at 06:01 PM.