I wanted to post this here this morning but the forum was down, so I posted it on AA instead

Has anyone else tried Costume Quest?

It's available for download on the PSN network for $15. It might be available off XBLA as well, I'm not sure.

I downloaded a demo for the game the other night because I was in the mood for something Halloween related. I forgot about it until last night.

Costume Quest is a simple straight forward RPG that starts off with 2 kids getting ready to go out trick or treating. One of them gets kidnapped by a candy stealing monster and it's the other's job to figure out what happened and solve it.

This game was really really fun. The graphics, world and characters are all very charming and funny. The battle mechanics, while a little repetitive, are fun. The battles are interactive in the same way as Paper Mario battles (eg. Press X to dodge). The best part of the battle is watching your character's costume. Your character will transform into whatever their costume is supposed to be. I won't spoil any of them as they're really enjoyable.

The downsides of the game are the length and price. I started playing the game last night and beat it last night. Five or six hours tops. I didn't do everything during that time, but almost. The other downside is the fact that it costs $15. Too much for a download only game, particularly a short one.

Despite this, I 100% recommend this to someone who likes simple, fun and cute RPGs.