Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Super Mario All-Stars is getting (another) NA release (this time on Wii)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is in stock at Best Buy Canada. $35 with free shipping.

I considered picking up a few, but at $160 (after tax) for four of them, I don't want to get stuck trying to dump them later for only a few dollars profit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Then I'm definitely going to buy two. I'm sure these will go pretty quickly and once again end up on ebay for atleast twice the retail price.
    If you are so sure about this, then why not buy four, or ten? If they will double in value, why not spend every spare dollar you have buying these and reselling? 100% return on investment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might grab more, provided I can get them at Best Buy. As a rewards member there all my purchase dollars go to certificates to use on future game(or other stuff) purchases. So that plus the money I'll make is a win-win.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw four copies at my local Target and picked up three of them. Brand new on Amazon they're going for as little as $38 a copy right now, which is barely enough to get back your money after seller fees.

Thankfully, I picked mine up for a couple local friends so they can save some cash, and also add one to my own library.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You might have to hold on to them for a few weeks before the price goes back up. That should be enough time for this batch to sell out.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This just did not move this time around. I think we only sold like two copies to date. There's plenty in the stockroom so I'm in no hurry until prices pick up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    This just did not move this time around. I think we only sold like two copies to date. There's plenty in the stockroom so I'm in no hurry until prices pick up.
    Which store do you work at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I'm surprised Sears did not bring in this for sale. Last time it had it in stock (release date), it sold QUITE well, in probably less than one hour. Brining in more would almost guarantee and easy sale...and quick.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    Which store do you work at?

He works at a TRU
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Question for whoever had bought it (and actually opened it): is the booklet worth it or not? That really would be the determining factor between getting it or not.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The market is officially flooded. There are over 130 copies for sale on Amazon, and the cheapest New copy is 35 dollars (plus tax and shipping.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just going to sit on my extra copies. They'll go back up eventually.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Question for whoever had bought it (and actually opened it): is the booklet worth it or not? That really would be the determining factor between getting it or not.
    The booklet is poor and the music CD is so limited in scope that I doubt anyone will give more than a single look to either of them.

The meat of this product is the game itself. Only get this if you want to be able to play the game on your Wii or want to collect it. It's not worth it for the bonuses.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-19-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

That's too bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Got very lucky today. I called a local Gamestop(in which I have very good business relationship with), and I was asking if there were any Mario All Star Wii games in stock. The manager was opening a restock box as I was talking to him...they got only one in. Needless to say I was very happy and felt lucky to score one. For me I plan to eventually play this one, I still feel that its worth it for the ability to play these games in crisp component on the Wii.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    That's too bad.
    I'm amazed that Nintendo, a company that made some of the very best games of all time, can be so bad at doing special or collector's editions. Their bonuses are always so lackluster. Even the game itself is a bit disappointing. A straight port of the SNES game? They couldn't have added in a few of the more recent 2D Mario games? Oh, wait, of course not, because they had to use games that could be played with only two buttons using a Wii remote.

Oh how I wish all Wiis came bundled with a classic controller. If next year Nintendo celebrates the Zelda anniversary by redoing the same cheap collection we saw on GameCube, I'm going to be upset.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They're selling those on the Virtual Console which was why they weren't there. But let's not start that one up again.

They could always toss in a nunchuck/wiimote control combination for something like Super Mario World (I believe NSMBWii can use both, for an example of how they could've met the button requirement with stock controllers). So I don't think that was the roadblock to including it on the disc.

I'm hoping we'll get some real treats with the Zelda collection, assuming that's the route they're going to go to celebrate the anniversary. Reworkings of the Satilliteview games would be an excellent way to celebrate the series and give us something new and worthwhile.

And perhaps the real Ura Zelda (The N64 DD expansion for Ocarina of Time). It seems to be a common feeling that what we got on the GameCube was just a portion of the project, or even just a recent hack at the time to give us a second quest that was then portrayed to us as that lost project.

In interviews and such in the 90's, Ura Zelda was supposed to include such things as the following list of elements. Yet, it was little more than edits to the dungeons that some 3rd party modder could've achieved. Heck, it didn't even need the 4MB expansion pack to run and was the same size as the standard Ocarina of Time, as people have discovered that have extracted the Master Quest rom.

-Persistent world
    -Additional areas
    -Additional dungeons
    -Changed locations for existing dungeons
    -New enemies

Would be neat to get the real deal someday (Was supposedly all but finished according to outlets like IGN at the time of cancellation), assuming what we got on the GameCube wasn't the real deal.

Maybe those lost elements are the new additions they've hinted at for Ocarina of Time 3D.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-20-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Through data mining of the Wii U's eShop, an entry for this title has been located which suggests an upcoming release.

If it happens, it will be interesting to see what form its 2nd rerelease takes. Will it be an $8 Virtual Console download like many thought it should've originally been five years ago? Or will Nintendo have the nerve to sell it as a $20 Wii download, thanks to this earlier retail rerelease?

The old economics problem remains. Do they risk some of their profit by selling an enhanced compilation of four classics for $8, that cost $20 in their original form as downloads? Or will the Wii retail angle be utilized to allow for an equivalent $20 download price?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Good question. If I were betting, even though I never do, I'd put it at $20. Nintendo thanks to the WiiU is hurting financially and also in game quantity too. A release like this being a Mario history package of the 2D early era would be easy money. They'd rationalize the fact you could buy them individually for $5/ea as NES titles so it's a fair deal with the upgrades. I mean there was no reason since they own it, but they went for $10 vs $8 on Earthbound and I think that NES proto they finally release was higher too. They'll milk it.