Thread: November 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default November 2010 Finds

Can't believe October is over

Today I picked up Civilization Chronicles for $20

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 09:39 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Three finds:

Adobe Photoshop 3.0 Deluxe with box and docs + 5 Upgrade = $3 (3.0 doesn't have a CD key, but the 5 disc only requires the CD to install)
    Adobe Publisher 4.0 CIB with box and docs (no CD key) - $3
    Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition (CDs + key in dirty case) - $3

I bought the Adobe stuff thinking the CD keys were in there, and they're not. Wah. At least I can resell the Photoshop stuff on its own.

Visual Studio 6 EE sells for a LOT of money on eBay... complete. Hopefully the CDs will net me some cash. I also saw about ten or so Gnomon Workshop DVDs at the booth where I got the VS6. eBay seems to suggest they're worth quite a bit. I may get them tomorrow, not sure yet.

ETA:
    VS 6 SOLD FOR $135. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 11-01-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nothing today but a bare (but working) Sega Genesis 2. 99 cents.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Toy bonanza from a couple of Goodwills today, along with some games…first the toys:

Giant Batman (TV series) Helicopter from Empire…in great shape, in box - $9.99

Star Wars Pez Collection, dented but sealed - $3.99

Halo Reach McFarlane Minor Elite Figure - $4.99

Package of 3 Bakugan (for the nephew) - $2.99

Ghostbusters Stay-Puft Bank (perfect size for display next to the Ecto-1 I have) - $3.99

The next 2 items were half of the listed price, as they were technically “Halloween” merchandise:

Optimus Prime voice-changer mask - $2.99

Hulk Hands (with “Smash Sound!”) - $4.99

And the games::

5 GameGear games with cases that will all go into the collection - .99 each

2 N64 games for only .49 each! One meh, one YES!

3 Complete PSX games, 2 were $1.99, one was $3.99, but I didn’t mind the higher price!

Finally, 2 PS2 games, also complete, for $3.99 each. Had never seen the Resident Evil game with the Devil May Cry Demo before…cool!

Not a bad way to start November, and tomorrow I get to vote…life just keeps getting better!

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    Toy bonanza from a couple of Goodwills today, along with some games…first the toys:
    Holy crap! My local Goodwills (Heart of Texas Goodwill if you want to call and complain! ) Has stopped selling ALL toys, new or old, that aren't sealed or brand new in the original packaging. This happened right after the whole lead paint scare so yeah. The last good toys I got there were 2 of the small Shogun Warriors figures MIB and that was 3 years ago!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well started off November good...

From Craigslist:

Sega Genesis + 2 controllers + 12 complete games (Echo Tides of Time; Echo Jr; Toejam and Earl; Toejam and Earl 2; Bubsy; Little Mermaid; Hard Drivin; Columns; Pitfall; Sonic; Cool Spot; and one more I cant remember)

Annnnnnnnnnnnd included was a Sega Nomad with battery pack and charger

Grand total $45

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thrifts today:

Ultima VII-The Black Gate for IBM-$9.99
    Beauty and the Beast Work In Progress laserdisc-$1

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More arrivals today in my effort to get every video game adventure for systems I own starring DC Comics characters...

Batman: Gotham City Racer (Original Playstation)
    Batman Forever: The Arcade Game (Original Playstation)
    Aquaman (Xbox)--I think I paid under $3 for this...and may have overpaid for it!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

It'd be great if the Goodwills in NJs were like the ones in Wisconsin, i.e. didn't ship any game off to shopgoodwill.com and what was left was reasonably priced. If I found even half that shit at my local Goodwill, I'd plotz.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After I voted I figured I'd hit my church's thrift, found a Gravis gamepad, THE Gravis Gamepad. Loose, only $1, and works fine. The joystick apparently broke off, as the screw-in bit is lodged into the d-pad. I haven't had a MIDI port gamepad since my Gravis Gamepad Pro broke a decade ago, and I've been needing one for my DOS rig. Love the rapidfire and inversion toggle switches...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

The original Gravis and the Pro were fucking great. I spent many, many hours playing XvsSF online with my Pro.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker for original Playstation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

This month seems to be off to a good start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    It'd be great if the Goodwills in NJs were like the ones in Wisconsin, i.e. didn't ship any game off to shopgoodwill.com and what was left was reasonably priced. If I found even half that shit at my local Goodwill, I'd plotz.
    I have to agree. I couldn't tell you the last time I found anything good in my local Goodwills. With the possible exception of Cradle 2 The Grave on DVD for $1.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DKTheArcadeRat View Post
    I have to agree. I couldn't tell you the last time I found anything good in my local Goodwills. With the possible exception of Cradle 2 The Grave on DVD for $1.
    Wow, sorry to hear how crappy the Goodwills are around rest of the country. I think Wisconsin Goodwills benefit from the fact that people around here tend to hold on to things for a while instead of throwing them out right away. I benefit from the fact that I live and work near 4 Goodwills and other misc. thrifts and try to pop in whenever I go by one. Persistence seems to be the key to making thrifting scores, and enjoying the thrill of the hunt definitely makes it easier to endure the all of the dry holes between the rare ones that produce an actual find.

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Righty, so today was weird. Most of the booths were just... empty or half-set up. I was going to leave at 7 AM but I figured I'd take another spin around the flea market, and well...

Bioshock 2, Metro 2033, Sarah Vaughan In Hi-Fi, Underworld: A Hundred Days Off (promo copy with sticker over the UPC - in the jewel case, heh) - $2 each.

I found those two PC games at one booth I'd passed on because they had a ton of stuff that was just on the floor. Someone organized everything by the time I walked back and I saw the "Games for Windows" tag on the DVD. I looked closer and they were brand new copies of Bioshock and Metro 2033! The CDs are from another booth I didn't pay attention to when I first arrived. They had the Sarah Vaughan CD on their CD player, but they wouldn't take out the disc. They did when I came back around. They were $2 per CD or three for $5, but I didn't see any other CD worth the extra buck. Especially this one. :P

The booth where I found that bootleg Pink Floyd album last week didn't get much of anything interesting. They had a box with PC games, but I skipped most of em on the first passthrough. Most were RTS stuff like Ground Control, ArmA, and a few Total War games. They did have Call of Duty 1 + the expansion, but I wasn't sure if I owned them already so I left them behind. On the way back, I decided to pick up F.E.A.R. for the hell of it, and that was $3. The Mission Impossible score CD by Danny Elfman was hidden in a small wastebasket filled with CDs (I missed this one during my first visit) and this GH copy of Tetris Plus was underneath it. I took the stuff to the seller and he said $5 without even looking at the PS1 game. Well, I'm not complaining. :P I'll be selling it over the holidays.

And finally, some more comic book finds from the five peso booth in the border:

The comic on the right? It's disgusting. And it's also a good example of what killed the Mexican comic book industry.

ETA:
    Forgot to mention the hilarious "I'm an idiot" moment.

I found a blue debug PS1 system. Beat up, and I had no idea if it worked. The seller wouldn't budge from a $20 price, even though IT WAS A BARE CONSOLE. So I left it.

And now I find out they're worth a lot. DAMMIT.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 11-03-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    And finally, some more comic book finds from the five peso booth in the border:

The comic on the right? It's disgusting. And it's also a good example of what killed the Mexican comic book industry.
    Really, the comic book with the huge-assed, surprised looking lady with terrible thigh sore/tattoo things is disgusting? I wouldn't have ever known

I found a blue debug PS1 system. Beat up, and I had no idea if it worked. The seller wouldn't budge from a $20 price, even though IT WAS A BARE CONSOLE. So I left it.

And now I find out they're worth a lot. DAMMIT.
    Ouch. Last week at the flea market I passed on TWO PAIRS of Pioneer SE-405 headphones... Turns out they're awesome vintage DJ headphones. I *was* feeling bad about that but you've made me feel better if that counts for anything. Their value was probably $30-40 a piece but I was still being bad since I love vintage headphones >_>
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Really, the comic book with the huge-assed, surprised looking lady with terrible thigh sore/tattoo things is disgusting? I wouldn't have ever known
    Oh, that's not the reason the comic is disgusting. It's the fact that it's basically a comic where people worship death as if it was a saint of sorts, using it as a way to deal with witchcraft... and it's brought up as bluntly as a Chick tract would. The second half of the comic deals with a guy who gets shot, prays to the "Holy Death" for protection, survives, and he thanks it as if it was Jesus Christ. Hell, you could replace Jesus in those panels, and it'd be the same ending! Bleh.

Also, no comments on my PC finds? :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, that's not the reason the comic is disgusting. It's the fact that it's basically a comic where people worship death as if it was a saint of sorts, using it as a way to deal with witchcraft... and it's brought up as bluntly as a Chick tract would. The second half of the comic deals with a guy who gets shot, prays to the "Holy Death" for protection, survives, and he thanks it as if it was Jesus Christ. Hell, you could replace Jesus in those panels, and it'd be the same ending! Bleh.

Also, no comments on my PC finds? :P

Great PC finds, sealed (and great) games at ridicolous prices.........

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I missed posting a couple things recently: Last friday I grabbed an N64 setup w/ 2 controllers, hookups, mem card and mem expansion, an NES deck, NES controller, NES zapper, and one other item I can't remember for a grand total of 20.97 at a thrift, it being a 25% off w/ free membership card day.

On Tuesday I got an Atari 7800 ac adapter which I've needed for a couple years now and another NES controller for a grand total of $2.34, it being 25% off Tuesday.

Went to a couple thrifts today but it was a bust. Pissed off at one because a reseller I recognize had a stack of probably 10 PS1 games in his hands. Didn't get a look at the titles but they were mostly greatest hits, so thats something at least. What I'm pissed about is he was walking around with them and I felt like following him to see what the titles were and to see if he changed his mind about some (he'd looked through them a couple times while I was watching him). So I went about my shopping and a little while later see him walk out the door without ringing up at the register. I don't think he stole them, but rather stashed them somewhere. So mad I didn't follow him! Anyway, with a baby along who wasn't going to last much longer I didn't have the option to search around for them, and it is a pretty big store.

Nice on the PC games Kitsune. I doubt my current computer could run them well, but for that price I'd probably give it a shot!