Thread: Goldeneye Wii - Anyone got it? (Got surprisingly good reviews)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Goldeneye Wii - Anyone got it? (Got surprisingly good reviews)

Goldeneye on N64 will always be my favorite game ever, so of course I was skeptical when I heard about the remake. I figured it would fall way short and just earn a ton of sales based on the name alone. I was expecting a 6-7ish game out of 10.

Most of the reviews I've read have put it at 8.5-9 / 10 and it's definitely earning my interest. They say if you go into this game expecting a new adventure and appreciate all of the references to the original, you'll love it. But if you go into it expecting the original adventure then you'll be disappointed.

I'm thinking about picking it up after work even if I don't have a ton of time to play it this week. Anyone here already got a copy?
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Yes, I picked it up yesterday, but I too have little time. I may get to play it today, or at least watch my brother play it. I may not start until I get my new wii on sunday. Def. excited though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't get why people hate this so much. I view this as friiging awesome because it's like a more complete version (just look at all the unused objects in 007N64!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

Picked up the LE with the golden Classic Controller Pro. Terrific game, both online and off. Like was already said - if you're expecting a remake of the N64 classic, you'll be disappointed. It's an amazingly solid and enjoyable game though.
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope to get this soon.

BTW, you can pick up the Collector's Edition at Kmart with the gold classic controller included for free.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post
    I don't get why people hate this so much. I view this as friiging awesome because it's like a more complete version (just look at all the unused objects in 007N64!).
    Speaking as a Bond fan, having Daniel Craig in the game of a movie Pierce Brosnan starred in.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm enjoying it so far. Playing with Wiimote and nunchuck, couldn't stand the classic controller. Solid game, though I must suck, because I am dying way too many times. Looking forward to putting in some multiplayer this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Are the classic multiplayer maps there?

Seems a bit steep at $50, but I'm still keeping this one on my radar.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

I watched my brother play through the first two levels and the game looks pretty solid. They added a lot to the old levels and some are hardly recognizable. Haven't tried any multilayer yet but so far the game looks very fun. It's definitely more my style of gameplay compared to call of duty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Seems a bit steep at $50, but I'm still keeping this one on my radar.
    It's in my sights as well but not for retail price. Another Bond game(Blood Stone) came out for the 360 and PS3 the same day Goldeneye came out but I haven't heard much about it yet(beyond the vehicle parts and combat). I'm going to try it out when I activate my Gamefly trial subscription next month.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frogofdeath View Post
    I'm enjoying it so far. Playing with Wiimote and nunchuck, couldn't stand the classic controller. Solid game, though I must suck, because I am dying way too many times. Looking forward to putting in some multiplayer this weekend.
    Do the Nunchuck/wiimote work well with it? I would rather just buy the game without the "Classic controller".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I picked up the LE version and like it overall. FOR FOLKS THAT WANT TO JUST PICK UP THE GAME...THE GAME SUPPORTS THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER! FOR FANS OF MULTIPLAYER: I feel that the game catches the spirit of Goldeneye. It is fast and fun online play. I played a couple of hours and enjoy it enough to probably sink some time into it. I have to say that graphics for me personally are a little rough due to playing alot of HALO reach recently. Overall a pleasant surprise and one that will get alot of play time from me. The online multiplayer works pretty well.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far I only played the first 3 missions and I've had mixed reactions. It is certainly a good game in it's own right and does some things better than the original... like the story telling. There's now cutscenes / action sequences (press "A" now, think Resident Evil 5) that make it flow more like a movie than a game. And the balance is just right, as opposed to some games like Metal Gear which actually try to be more movie than game.

But it's definitely more "modernized" to behave like CoD. From checkpoints to "down the barrel" types of shooting, it doesn't feel much like Goldeneye at all. Once again, not necessarily a bad thing, just different.

So far I'd give it an 8/10 based on my experiences in the first 3 levels alone... but if the multiplayer / later missions are as good as they say, I'm sure I'll bump it up a bit by the time I'm done.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingking View Post
    Do the Nunchuck/wiimote work well with it? I would rather just buy the game without the "Classic controller".
    With my very limited time spent on the game (only two levels in), I much prefer the nunchuck/wiimote over the classic controller. I feel like there is a learning curve, and it's not "perfect", but I quickly switched back to this combination after trying out the classic controller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by frogofdeath View Post
    With my very limited time spent on the game (only two levels in), I much prefer the nunchuck/wiimote over the classic controller. I feel like there is a learning curve, and it's not "perfect", but I quickly switched back to this combination after trying out the classic controller.
    I probably just going to save the classic controller. I don't care wiimote and nunchuk and IMHO nothing beats the gamecube controller.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    It's in my sights as well but not for retail price. Another Bond game(Blood Stone) came out for the 360 and PS3 the same day Goldeneye came out but I haven't heard much about it yet(beyond the vehicle parts and combat). I'm going to try it out when I activate my Gamefly trial subscription next month.
    Bloodstone has outstanding graphics, but otherwise has been given lousy marks. It's third person, which I'm not a fan of usually. The draw to Goldeneye for Wii players is the multiplayer probably. Again, would have loved if they got license for the older Bond guys. Nicole Scherzinger did a remarkably well cover of the title theme, originally sung by Tina Turner.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Goldeneye Wii - Anyone got it? (Got surprisingly good reviews)

Got the LE the first day and have been having a ball playing solo and multiplayer. Plus so many options! I'm happy with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Online play is fun, and is a perfect balance of still feeling like a Goldeneye videogame with some of the fun upgrade perks from Call of Duty. Let it be known that people looking for a pretty game look elsewhere. The game is fun and I am glad I bought it. Those people on the fence, there is always Redbox in some locations that allow to rent the game for $2 a night.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like everyone else here, I got it, and its really good.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Goldeneye but am still having issues with the classic controller; I also didnt care for the nunchuck setup.

So here is what I thought about doing: Going online and buying a gamecube to PS2 controller adapter. Then, purchasing a PS2 to keyboard/mouse adapter and using that to play online.

Golden Eye supports a huge level of sensitivity which should make it fairly easy to tune in.
    Robot, fight like a chicken!