Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donkey Kong Competition Cartridge For Sale (OFFERED ON DIGITAL PRESS FIRST!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Donkey Kong Competition Cartridge For Sale (OFFERED ON DIGITAL PRESS FIRST!)

Up for sale is my one owner (Me if you don't count the rental they all went through), 1995 Donkey Kong Country Competition Cartridge from the Blockbuster Championship 2.

Included are:
    -The Original, Working and as-new Cartridge
    -The Original Box
    -An original (but not included from Nintendo) SNES Cart Bottom Cover

(No documentation aside from what was printed on the box was included from Nintendo in 1995. Therefor there is no Manual included. The box is the manual.)

A little back story to the game:
    After finding my old game collection the other day, I came across a gem I thought was long gone. In the Winter of 1995, my usual Super Power Supplies catalog came in the mail and OF COURSE I picked a Christmas gift from it within 5 minutes of tearing open the plastic wrap around my Nintendo Power. The "at random- BUT TOTALLY EXCLUSIVE-HAVE TO HAVE IT MOM OR I WONT EAT ANYMORE." product I picked was a weird Donkey Kong Blockbuster game for $35. I was a weird kid, who liked weird stuff, so I asked for it. I was too young for the competition so I had no knowledge of the significance of the game. The game arrives. I pop it in, and low and behold (as many of us have found out over time) The game play sucked for a kid. Five minutes to run through a game I had already played through about 1000 times? Okay, well it's interesting and different, I'll just put a cover on the bottom since it didn't come with one to keep the dust out and put it aside. "Maybe it'll be worth a trade-in on DK2 or something?" -I thought. I played that game twice. It has sat in the box, with the same cover "to keep the dust out" until I stumbled upon it this past weekend. A mint copy of The Donkey Kong Country Competition Cartridge from the Blockbuster Championship 2.

Had the game tested, works perfectly. It is in pristine condition and looks exactly the same as the day I received it 15 years ago from Nintendo. I have pictures up but I can take more if requested.

As I have never sold before on this forum before and I have read the horror stories that have happened in this type of transaction, I am completely open to discussion on the methods of proving the validity of not only the game but my earnestness as a seller. (With the exception of payment after delivery, this is not an option.) I live within 2 hours of the Digital Press store and may drive up to have the cart inspected personally by them just to verify.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or comments, I will respond promptly.

As previously stated, I am offering this cart here exclusively to start as I have been posting here for a few weeks and I now trust and appreciate this forum. I'm sure, you of course understand that if the game does not sell in a decent amount of time I will go other routes as well, but for now it's being offered for sale only to you guys.

Lastly, I should mention I'm well aware of the value and have a base number in my head but I am offering this game initially by taking offers. If you are familiar with the game you know what I mean. If you are not, do some research first, it will save you time and anxiety with your offers.

Hopefully someone will get the chance to add one of the 10 most sought after SNES games of all time to their collection. With the coming release of the New DKC on Wii this game is sure to increase in value. My loss, your gain.

Thanks Again, and good luck.

Sincerely,
    8bit
    -Chris C

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since there wasn't lot of interest on here it's currently posted in auction on ebay:

Link to Ebay listing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since there wasn't lot of interest on here it's currently posted in auction on ebay:

Link to Ebay listing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had the game tested at the Digital Press Store today. Works perfectly and was told it was EXTREMELY CLEAN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Are you sure Joe's OK with you putting his business name in the auction? Is he vouching for you somehow on this?
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think there is anything to vouch for. His business sells used collector video games and employs those who can derive value from junk. I drove 2 hours to have them test it and look at me to say it works in the condition it should and to get general feedback. More importantly, I drove the item to the store to have it looked at by an employee because I have the item listed on this forum. Seeing as I'm offering an item here amongst the community and its high value, I thought it appropriate to take it to the forum's owners and justify my claim. Which was all I did. The game was inspected and checked that it plays. Thus it was tested.

I'm simply noting that I went out of my way to go to a knowledgeable source (a source that here on the forum is respected) to have the product tested. Seeing as on the internet there is an issue of trust, I felt it important and thought it would be appreciated by the forum and collecting community. Seeing as Joe owns a specialty store and his reputation is built on the knowledge of himself and his employees on the condition of said video games, I felt as though it was important to have the game tested at the forum’s source. I’m only interested in proving the legitimacy of the item.

Joe- I meant NO ILL WILL WITH THIS and was not simply looking to use your company's name for my benefit. I thought this community would appreciate a seller going out of their way to prove the legitimacy of their post on your forum and on a side note to see if you or your store had any interest in the game itself. You are aware of your company’s value for the knowledge you possess in the gaming community as a source of reliable recognition in the condition of used video games. I meant this as an acknowledgement of your company's expertise in the matter. If you find this to be slanderous or a misrepresentation of your company, I will remove it immediately. Please contact me immediately if so, so I can remove it from any site. Furthermore, I would also like to add that the customer service and knowledge of your employees was extremely helpful and thorough. It was very reassuring to have one of your well-trained and very knowledgeable staff available for up-to-date and correct information about my particular item. We have stores closer to my home in Philadelphia, but I felt it necessary to take my item to the best resource available. I most certainly found it.

Thank you.
    8bit

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You realize it says "RESALE/RENTAL of the Game Pak is Prohibited!" on the end label?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HAHA, yea I do, and so do about 2000 other resellers of this game. It was "resold" to me in 1995. I think the rules have bit the dust.

But humorous all the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Couple hours left. (For those not watching)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    Couple hours left. (For those not watching)
    Well... It looks like it didn't meet your high reserve. What's going to happen next?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a buyer at the $900 reserve do you have an offer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok Ryaan, now you can gloat. Some other seller offered him the game AND like then some used Asian panties or starfox from mars or some shit as well; no charge. I was like. um... yea, I got nothing. So i'll admit defeat. I went about that auction way wrong. But I got a bunch of really solid rational advice on throwing it back up and compared to the others, it's going to be the bargain basement price of the bunch so. I guess we'll see. Probably going to leave the Digital Press name out this time, people seemed to think i was being a cocky twerp (not the case at all, i'm a normal dude who just wants to NOT BE THAT GUY) and somehow wound up him anyway. So, I'll probably throw it back up tomorrow until it sells. It's a crap economy. I need the money. No bs. We're all in the same spot one way or another.

-8bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I doubt there wasn't a lot of interest in the game... it was more that most people don't have the 900$ laying around the house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Selling of anything like this comes down to market and timing, really.

Also, patience. Having it up on the forums for 2 days and going "Well no interest, ebay" won't get you the money you want for it.

Good luck with the sale, anywho.

This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're totally right. It does suck. It needs to sit for almost a year. I need to put it up and forget about it. I wish the damn electric company would accept that... "hey guys look. THIS GAME. RIGHT HERE? Worth madddd loot. Just lemme put it up for sale and when it sells i'll pay you whatever you need." ...instead of them calling with their fake voicemails that sing to you about how cold it will be when they turn off the juice. It's not the type of game i can sell like this. It's the shit position I put myself in financially that's the issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And the worst part is, if the money wasn't needed, I am awesome patience guy. I could sit on it for a year or longer. It's just the normal crap everybody does. "bills coming in, holidays , i was an idiot who didn't save, need cash." And then well. Hell i'm usually the guy on the other end. This isn't great selling Duesenbergs for bread. It sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    Ok Ryaan, now you can gloat. Some other seller offered him the game AND like then some used Asian panties or starfox from mars or some shit as well; no charge. I was like. um... yea, I got nothing. So i'll admit defeat. I went about that auction way wrong. But I got a bunch of really solid rational advice on throwing it back up and compared to the others, it's going to be the bargain basement price of the bunch so. I guess we'll see. Probably going to leave the Digital Press name out this time, people seemed to think i was being a cocky twerp (not the case at all, i'm a normal dude who just wants to NOT BE THAT GUY) and somehow wound up him anyway. So, I'll probably throw it back up tomorrow until it sells. It's a crap economy. I need the money. No bs. We're all in the same spot one way or another.

-8bit
    Was I gloating? This game is a hard sell. There's only a few people out there who would pay that much money for the game. I personally would have taken that $750. Because of the proximity to the holidays collectors won't spend as much on stuff like this (They've got to spend money on gifts!) Also, did you know that reserves tend to scare buyers? That's something I've learned in 5+ years in the eBay business. Again, I'm not trying to gloat and I don't believe what I said came off as gloating. It looked to me like you set a reserve on the game and it was too high for the people interested in it.

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Personally I would mention bringing it by the Lincoln memorial as that will make the game more cooler. take pics of it in front of the pyramids and shit like HAY DOODS I TOOK DIS OVERPRICED GAEM ALL OVER MAKEN IT MOAR VALUBLEZ!

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And I think this highlights the problem with collecting sometimes: its nice to have an expensive game but its only actually valuable to a select few number of people. Its why collecting really has to be a hobby of love--the idea of "buy this now, it'll be worth more later!" never works.

Sorry about your sale 8bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Relist, mention reserve in listing?

All you risk is listing fees.