Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Default Back to the Future update

News on the Back to the Future game by Telltale if you haven't followed it. Angry Video Game Nerd interviewed the voice actor for Marty, AJ LoCascio, who is a BTTF fan and sounds just like Michael J. Fox. Christopher Lloyd is lending his voice, but Fox is not. Given his illness, I don't think this project was big enough to compensate for the effort he'd have to expend to do it most likely. He did allow them to use his likeness. It's a good interview and AJ sounds pretty cool.

Telltale has a new official site with artwork and BTS interviews.

The game itself will be released in downloadable form as part of 5 separate episodes. Platforms include PC, Mac, iPad, and Playstation Network (PS3). Cost is just 24.95, and they're supposed to release a disc version after the 5 monthly episodes have come out. I think the 1st episode is free!!!

The plot takes place 6 months after BTTF 3, where Marty must go and save Doc. Given the involvement of Bob Gale, original writer, I'd say the stories should be good. The plot sounds a lot like the CBS cartoon from 1992, although that one was far too on the goofy side. The artwork of the game seems to be on the animated/comic side, and not realistic 3D.

Obviously I would like to have seen it on XBox/Wii as well, but if you don't have a PS3, you can get it on PC. I'm disappointed in the artwork choice. I expect that was the cheaper way to go, but I would have hoped it was realistic, like the Ghostbusters game. Frankly it really takes the game's appeal down for me. The voice cast probably will be fine. I can't imagine Crispin Glover would ever agree to do it, and supposedly Thomas F. Wilson lately hates BTTF stuff and has run away from it!
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

AJ LoCascio's voice work as Michael J Fox is fucking amazing. Best sound-alike I've ever heard.

I hope that they can get Tom Wilson to reprise his role as Biff ... even though he's gone on the record umpteen times saying that he never wants to revist that character. I love Tom Wilson and it would be a shame to not have him on board.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to agree: AJ LoCascio does a mighty fine job of sounding like Marty McFly. I get goosebumps thinking about a new Back to the Future game...one with actual involvement from one of the creators, with voice work by Christopher Lloyd, and Michael J. Fox's blessing for the likeness!

I am only hoping this finds a Wii disc release. I am not big on PC gaming, don't own a PS3, and prefer the game to be physically in my hands!

Here's hoping the game is MEGA successful....
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starchildskiss78 View Post
    I have to agree: AJ LoCascio does a mighty fine job of sounding like Marty McFly. I get goosebumps thinking about a new Back to the Future game...one with actual involvement from one of the creators, with voice work by Christopher Lloyd, and Michael J. Fox's blessing for the likeness!

I am only hoping this finds a Wii disc release. I am not big on PC gaming, don't own a PS3, and prefer the game to be physically in my hands!

Here's hoping the game is MEGA successful....
    Playing these games on a computer is not a issue , the games arent that demanding when they are made by telltale games they are strictly adventure games that dont demand alot of graphical power.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by starchildskiss78 View Post
    Telltale usually gives people who bought the game for PC/Mac a copy of the games on DVD with bonus videos and other stuff for free (just pay shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmount View Post
    Playing these games on a computer is not a issue , the games arent that demanding when they are made by telltale games they are strictly adventure games that dont demand alot of graphical power.
    Oh, ahahahaha. They didn't used to, but Sam and Max Season 3 really makes my poor video card choke. It's like they hired a graphics programmer that didn't know how to optimize effects and graphics. I doubt it'll be an issue though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Telltale usually gives people who bought the game for PC/Mac a copy of the games on DVD with bonus videos and other stuff for free (just pay shipping).
    Does that go for people who bought their stuff on Steam too? or just from them directly? Also I greatly enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward for more.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urzu402 View Post
    Does that go for people who bought their stuff on Steam too? or just from them directly? Also I greatly enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward for more.
    Only when you buy from them directly....they don't offer it for Steam users.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."