Thread: Article about unreleased Pink Panther games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Article about unreleased Pink Panther games

I'm sure most of you know about the Pink Panther prototypes for the 2600 and Atari 8-bit computers, and the games announced for Odyssey2 and ColecoVision. Unfortunately I don't have any ROM images for you, but I have put together all the information I could find about the games into this article on my Odyssey2 web site.

If you've already read about the prototypes here or on other sites, this article probably won't reveal anything you don't already know. Essentially I've just tried to collect all the information I have about the game's history in one place. However, there are some pictures included that you may not have seen before. Thanks to 2600 Connection and AtariProtos for some of the pics.

Everything in the article is accurate as far I know. If you have any corrections or new info, please drop me a line.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fantastic article. Thanks for all of the information on its history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

stonic, thanks for posting the link to your article; I don't recall ever seeing that before. I think it would be handy to link it to the DP Pink Panther rarity guide entry, if possible. The cart photo in my article was taken from the eBay auction (along with the pics of the ad mats and slicks). I just cropped out the photo's background and digitally "stretched" the cart to square it off, since the original was taken at an angle. The rest of my photos were scanned by myself, provided by 2600 Connection, or by AtariProtos.com, or by Marty Goldberg, who used to run the Museum of Home Video Gaming site.

I'll be sure to add a link to your article. As I said, my article was just an attempt to collect all available info about the games into one place. It seemed to me like a lot is known about this game but it hadn't all really been put together before. I'll have to try to track down the Nov. 83 issue of Videogaming Illustrated you mentioned too. EDIT: I've added links to stonic's article and credited it as a source for mine.

I hadn't known Steve Averitt resurfaced at all. It's too bad he didn't see fit to make the game available.

Since I run an Odyssey2 web site, I'd really like to know if the O2 version of the game was produced. So far I haven't seen much evidence of it.
    Last edited by o2william; 11-08-2010 at 01:14 AM.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Amazing that 3 prototypes have been found and nobody dumped them. Greed.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK