Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need magical chase for Turbo Grafx

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I need magical chase for Turbo Grafx

Hey, I am really really looking for a turbo grafx game called Magical Chase, it is rare, it is the last game I need, and I am willing to trade a bunch or pay cash for it. I am located by Chicago. I found a few people willing to sell for $500, but that is a lot, maybe someone has one for cheaper or around that price?

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by videogames4trade.com View Post
    Hey, I am really really looking for a turbo grafx game called Magical Chase, it is rare, it is the last game I need, and I am willing to trade a bunch or pay cash for it. I am located by Chicago. I found a few people willing to sell for $500, but that is a lot, maybe someone has one for cheaper or around that price?

Thanks!
    $500 is not unheard of. Go for it.

Boxed and complete they can fetch $1500.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Not unheard of, no, but still pretty excessive, IMO. If someone is willing to pay that sort of price, I suppose that's cool, but he's not looking to spend that much, so it's probably not as simple as just "going for it".

In any event, good luck with your search. I'm in the market for that game as well, but I wouldn't pay fraction of what it goes for now-a-days. I have enough patience and too many other games to play in the meanwhile to put out that kind of money for one game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by videogames4trade.com View Post

Thanks!
    You make absolutely no bones about the fact that you're a blatant reseller. Why would anyone sell their copy of Magical Chase to you for less than what they want, when you're obviously going to turn right around and try to sell it for a profit? Why wouldn't they sell it to those people directly and get the maximum value themselves?

This should have been posted in the Buying & Selling forum, by the way, which you probably can't view because you most likely have not been here ten days yet.
    "As you traitors roast in your own juices, I will be safely ensconced three miles below the earth's surface, listening to my wax-cylinder player and enjoying a delicious phosphate!"

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm personally thinking of settling for a PC-Engine version and playing it on my Super-Grafx...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by k8track View Post
    You make absolutely no bones about the fact that you're a blatant reseller. Why would anyone sell their copy of Magical Chase to you for less than what they want, when you're obviously going to turn right around and try to sell it for a profit? Why wouldn't they sell it to those people directly and get the maximum value themselves?

This should have been posted in the Buying & Selling forum, by the way, which you probably can't view because you most likely have not been here ten days yet.
    Hey, I have a copy of Stadium Events. I'll sell it to the OP for $300.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

is this the game in question?

I don't desire to sell, BUT everything is for sale… for the right price…
    make an offer I don't refuse and only then will I consideration to part with it…
    it's one my my most favorite games and I have played it well to 1cc with a score breaking 2 million…

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Its pretty much the last Turbo Grafx game everybody is looking for. The price it commands now is just out of the question for most people. I have a Sparky label sitting in my desk waiting to stick to the copy I will find at a thrift store in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I bought the PCE version. I would like to buy the TG16 version eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's a waste of money

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Theres a copy on ebay right now that comes with a tg-16. It's already going for over $2200. Unbelievable.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

So yeah, OP, good fucking luck getting it for that price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like my games cheap, so I understand where the OP could be coming from. But the name tells a totally different story.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Red Robin Yum's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't get why this game is ridiculously expensive. It isn't that great of a game. Cotton is a better witch shmup.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I think what happened is this game had stretches of not popping up on eBay and when that happens, people with deep pockets froth at the mouth. Happen a couple times and voila, four figure game. As time went on, it also became the defacto "rarest" game so that didn't help things.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    I think what happened is this game had stretches of not popping up on eBay and when that happens, people with deep pockets froth at the mouth. Happen a couple times and voila, four figure game. As time went on, it also became the defacto "rarest" game so that didn't help things.
    Well, it is also numerically rare and a SHMUP which means that it is in demand not just from traditional TG-16 collectors, but also SHMUP collectors. While I agree that $2K for a game that still probably had a good 10,000 unit or more print run is excessive, it's not like there is some hidden stash out there that is going to pop up at this point to throw off the economics of it all and frankly, as someone who started collecting TG back when it was still in stores, this was not easy to find even at release. Of course, the real culprit for all of these excessive prices recently lies in the fact that there is a small group of hard core collectors with a lot of disposable income even in this terrible economy. At some point, they may no longer have the same income or they may get into other interests or responsibilities like raising families, buying homes, etc..., so it's possible prices could fall sharply again if there is nobody willing to fork out $2K for something that was a $500 or under item just a few years ago.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 11-19-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

It's only worth big bucks if it's complete, since most people threw out the boxes for Turbografx games the pricing isn't that insane. Turbografx games are usually more expensive than games for other consoles to start with, and Magical Chase isn't that bad for a game that's as rare as it is. The Turbografx version is slightly different compared to the cheaper PC Engine version, and shooters do seem to have higher values compared to more common platformers or sports games. I can completely understand why this is so desirable. What I don't get is the high value of Stadium Events as that was released with a different title screen and is dirt common, plus it's a sports game so there's nothing really special about it.

The copy of Magical Chase that's on ebay with a buy it now of $2200 and a starting bid of $1999.99(with no bids) also includes a brand new Turbografx system, two boxed TurboExpress systems(one still sealed inside), two TurboExpress AC adapters(one still sealed), one boxed TurboExpress car adapter(new in box), one Turbobooster for the Turbografx, and 5 other games with some of them sealed(sealed Splatterhouse, sealed Power Golf, Power Golf, Bonk's Adventure, TV Sports Football).

There's still no bids on that with less than a day to go, unless I've missed another copy that's going for over $2200.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

I regret that Magical Chase is not held in high regard in the shmup community… it's a console shooter and it isn't very difficult, doesn't feature complex scoring mechanics as those in the shmup community favor arcade games with deep scoring systems…

I personally favor it over Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams as Magical Chase is more forgiving, Cotton can be quite challenging and can be very punishing as well as the juggling can bring upon frustrations!

Magical Chase also has the lore of being developed by a company who is famous for tactical RPG - Ogre Battle Franchise…

the only real difference between PC Engine and Turbo Grafx version are sprite differences in character, several enemies, the first stage, and the shop…

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post

is this the game in question?

I don't desire to sell, BUT everything is for sale… for the right price…
    make an offer I don't refuse and only then will I consideration to part with it…
    it's one my my most favorite games and I have played it well to 1cc with a score breaking 2 million…
    Can i buy your manual .. you keep the case and the hu, i'll take the manual
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis View Post
    I regret that Magical Chase is not held in high regard in the shmup community… it's a console shooter and it isn't very difficult, doesn't feature complex scoring mechanics as those in the shmup community favor arcade games with deep scoring systems…

I personally favor it over Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams as Magical Chase is more forgiving, Cotton can be quite challenging and can be very punishing as well as the juggling can bring upon frustrations!

Magical Chase also has the lore of being developed by a company who is famous for tactical RPG - Ogre Battle Franchise…

the only real difference between PC Engine and Turbo Grafx version are sprite differences in character, several enemies, the first stage, and the shop…
    Magical Chase is really not held in high regard by the shmup community? Thats a damn shame; its not the most complicated game but it certainly has its plenty of charm and charisma.