So I recently purchased two Xbox games from a seller on Ebay, in which total cost was $13. He clearly states the following:

"I will only ship to US addresses (including Alaska, Hawaii and territories) and APO/FPO addresses."

Perfect, I should be ok, right?

Well, I send payment and I send the usual message through EBay's messaging system:

"Hi! Sorry for not contacting you earlier, as I was working until just recently. Just sent payment! Yay! If you use Paypal or similar service to print a shipping label, you will need to manually add the SANTA JUANITA portion, else the package will get lost in the mail. When it's printed, compare it with the one listed online, and you will notice that the SANTA JUANITA portion has been omitted from the label. This is because for label purposes, the address is too long. You will need to add SANTA JUANITA manually in order for the items to arrive nicely. Also, please ship in box, as item condition is EXTREMELY important to me and I don't want the item to get damaged (due to crush or bends of a bubble mailer, for instance). Thanks and take care! "

Nothing wrong, as I've sent this message to several sellers, here and on Ebay, to let them know about the issue with my address, as well as to let them know about packaging method (not shipping method). To this day, I have not received any complains from sellers, and all have been thankful, mainly about the address issue. In fact, I even purchased a few Colecovision games from another seller, sent the same message, and got a "thank you" message for me letting him know. No problem.

Not until this new seller, that is. This was his response:

"I don't know if I wish to continue this transaction. Its seems iffy to me. I pay for shipping and offer it for free so how the item is shipped is up to me. Something seems weird here. Give me a day to think it over I may just refund your payment."

What the hell? I know and fully understand that sellers have been on the defensive ever since Ebay changed their policies, but the request I sent him was nothing bad, at least from my knowledge. Yet why does he think it's "iffy"? Does he seriously think I am going to scam him or something? I also understand shipping is free and all, but sending inside a box will at most cost him around 25 cents extra as in a bubble mailer (it's via First Class Mail). But then I thought to myself "Hey, it's just two Xbox games, so a box really isn't needed, as those cases are pretty resiliant. So to put him at ease a bit, I sent him the following message:

"It's ok, you can ship them via a bubble mailer if you wish. I usually put that message when it's games with cardboard boxes (like Atari, NES, Coleco, etc) to prevent the games from getting squished. So I simply use the same message on basically all items I purchase (pretty much a copy/paste). Feel free to ship via a bubble mailer. The "Santa Juanita" portion is necessary as Paypal and those programs that print shipping labels usually omit the "SANTA JUANITA" portion of the address due to length. This is important, but writing it manually after the label is completed is perfect. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks and take care! -Josh"

I hope that this message will put away any doubts about the transaction. But if it doesn't, he will pretty much refund me when I pretty much need those games (they are not for me, but for my brother).

Has anyone gone through a similar situation like this? Any ideas on what could be possible outcomes and what steps would be to resolve? I will admit that he does give me a refund, I will be very livid.

Any suggestions?