Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Controversial game statements you stand by

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    ... Like if you like to drink a lot and drink every evening and don't think you have a problem but you see a guy that's one step further down the problem and you see that's where you headed and don't like it. It was just this sense of overkill that obsessives do.

I was slowly turning into one of those guys that makes youtube videos of their collection and I just don't want to be that.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    - As has been said, the N64 is not only an awesome system but the controller is also extremely ergonomic. They people who complain about it are either too stupid to figure it out ("dur! i don't have three hands, lol!") or they're probably the people out there that don't think the Dreamcast controller is hand-crippling, which means they're CRAZY.

- The most fervent anti-furry haters are probably closeted furries themselves. I bring this up on a gaming forum because these gamers will happily play Star Fox and Sonic and other games with "furry" characters, because they grew up with those, yet they'll dismiss awesome games like Tail Concerto and Solatorobo because of "lol furries". They're probably still trying to convince themselves that they didn't find Krystal hot.
    These two. 1000 times these two.

I will disagree, though, and say that the Dreamcast controller isn't a bad design. Unless you have tiny hands, it's a fairly comfortable thing to hold, and the buttons are fairly well positioned compared to its predecessor, the Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad.
    The N64 controller IS awkward at first, but you just have to get used to it I've found. I'm still not sure why they put that handle in the center, though.

As for "furry" games, I agree, why this enormous backlash against them? I mean, even if they don't have a history like Sonic or Star Fox, they can be good. Take Sly Cooper for example.
    As a furry, I will say we've kinda ruined it for everyone, though. Blame the artists.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- The Virtual Boy is a good system too. So is the PC-FX.
    Speaking of the PC-FX, Battle Heat and Tengai Makyo: Katakuri Kakutoden are both not only simple to learn, but easy to play as well!

I even have proof! Proof I made myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7M1bRCBsJ0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4yJcas6eWM

It doesn't get much more controversial than when it's recorded on film, folks!

Also, a tangent; Radical Dreamers is a highly overrated Satellaview game. It is but one of a few Satellaview games done in a visual novel style - among those, BS Tantei Club and BS Shin Onigashima didn't get any fan translation love, and R No Shosai has not even been ROM dumped! Where's the love for these? People only cling to Dreamers because of the Chrono fandom, and probably aren't even people who play Visual/Sound Novels otherwise. Heck, Squaresoft's three other Satellaview originals are better than Radical Dreamers, as well! I suggest you folks play DynamiTracer, Treasure Conflix, and Koi Ha Balance, because you'll never see Squaresoft make interesting experimental games like those ever again. Now, can you -please- cut the prices on those RD 8M Packs?

Marvelous
    Oh, the BS Marvelous games are another set that need some love! Someone seriously needs to do hacking projects with those featuring the care and effort that the BS Zelda ROM hacks had... no, better. Map 1 still has Real Hardware issues.

Someone must donate to me 100 billion dollars to find every Satellaview game. Right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- All RTS's are boring and dull

- The N64 is the worst system ive owned due to its blurry headache inducing visuals

- Halo is the "apple/yuppie" symbol of the gaming world and is of no substance

- Tekken stopped being interesting after Tekken Tag

- shumps are boring and repetitive

- Motion controls are pointless

- Tetris is only good on the DS and preferably in Multiplayer

- Nitendo havent made an original in house title in many years

- the PS2 is the greatest system ever

- The Master System is the 8bit console of choice

- Ebay is evil
    zomg I have a sig

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

- Ninetendo first party titles bore me since N64 (Mario, Zelda, Metroid especially)

- Advance Wars Days of Ruin is the best of the series hands down

- Tokyo Xtream Racer series is great

- Ps1/Ps2 Armored Core are great

- FPS games are more fun with a controller even thought mouse/key are more precise

- Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 rotate as my favorites

- Xenogears was the greatest traditional RPG (GEARS not saga)

- PSP has a superior lineup to the DS

- Secret of Mana was crap

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- World of Warcraft has ruined everything MMO games ever stood for before it's time.

- Halo, Gears of War, Bioshock and all the rest of them modern first person shooter games have nothing on the classics.

- X-Box and GameCube's controller designs are amongst the most confusing and dumbest designs ever.

- Sony's library of games actually provide much more of a variety than Nintendo's ever will.

- Sonic's days were numbered after Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

- Microsoft is only in the gaming industry for more money.

- Handheld systems destroy console/arcade games ported to them because the developers have to water so much down to fit the crappy standards of a handheld.

- Final Fantasy VII has been revisited and referenced way too much and is incredibly overrated.

- Wii is just a gimmicky system, without the motion sensor controllers, it'd be nothing.

- A lot of the online gaming communities for each console are filled to the brim of immature players.

- Mortal Kombat died after the second game's arcade release. And was only popular because of just fatalities alone.

- Sports games are so boring and you wonder why you'll find them later on for a whopping price of $0.99 at a GameStop store.

- Pokemon died after Generation II.

- Variety in a gaming system's library and how fun they are, are more important than games based solely on mascots and their adventures.

- A true gamer realizes gameplay is more important than graphics.

- Gamers should not be mixed with the social pool that are, geeks.

- Flash games based on console games suck, every single one of them.

- Nintendo wonders why some of their franchises would rather be on the PS1 than the N64.

Insert Coin (Level 0) betamax001's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SaturnXmkII

The Sega Genesis is just meh compared to the SNES.

Sonic games were never good. Ever. Mario > Sonic.

Smash bros games are also crap.

The N64 controller is OK, but playing SM64 with a 360 controller is overall better.

Anyone who complains about the blurry visuals of N64 should play an emulator (Project 64 is the one I use) at the highest resolution possible. Looks alot better.

Also SM64DS isn't as bad as everyone says.
    NES, Atari 7800, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Atari Flashback 2, Limited Edition Red Wii, PS3 Slim, GBC, GBA, GBASP, DS Lite, and PSP 3000.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    - Sony's library of games actually provide much more of a variety than Nintendo's ever will. [Good thing you didn't mention quality! *phew*]

- (insert game company here) is only in the gaming industry for money.

- Wii is just a gimmicky system, without the motion sensor controllers, it'd be a Gamecube.

- Pokemon sucks ass.
    Proof'd

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Icarus Moonsight's avatar is beautifully hypnotic and mildly arousing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

TonyTheTiger's avatar is beautifully hypnotic and mildly arousing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Okay... Here we go!!!

- Bullet Witch is hands down one of the greatest games ever made.

- Mortal Kombat on the Sega CD is awesome. It's better than either the Genesis or Snes version and the load times really aren't as bad as people say.

- FMV games are awesome and we need more of them.

- The Super Scope and Menacer were both very cool.

- Zelda II was and still is the best Zelda game ever made.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here's a few more-

-Metroid (NES) really isn't all that fun. Considering it is both long for a '86-'87 NES game and didn't use battery backed saving, it makes the NES version more difficult, and makes the translated FDS version (with save slots) much better (alongside the improved music using the rudimentary FM chip.)

-The reason Doom and Doom II are still great games are because of both a balanced amount of open and enclosed spaces and the usage of speed as a defense instead of modern FPS' "hide behind wall or duck behind crate" defense, not to mention Doom was slightly inspired by early strafe-like games like Robotron 2084.

-The PlayStation 2 really wasn't all that great. There were many good games, but as time passed it showed aging signs in terms of processing and visuals, especially when compared to the Xbox, which still looks excellent on an HDTV. Even the Gamecube still holds up better today, IMO.

-No matter the praise, I'll never acknowledge the Rabbids franchise as good. I've found the games to be rather awful compared to the Rayman series, with the only decent one being Rabbids Go Home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post
    -No matter the praise, I'll never acknowledge the Rabbids franchise as good. I've found the games to be rather awful compared to the Rayman series, with the only decent one being Rabbids Go Home.
    Amen to that. I want Rayman back! Every single Rabbids release feels like money-mongering shovelware.

Personally I find:

-The terms "black label" and anything "label" to be extremely annoying and clunky. Ebay users started this mess back when Final Fantasy VII became the "thing" and it only got worse. You go anywhere and people talk about "labels" and all that mess, even when there was only ever one edition of whatever it is they're talking about.

-"Rare" being attached to any game that someone can't find in front of them at every mainstream retail store. Also, just about anything from five years ago and earlier. Learn what rare means!

-MMOs, especially those cookie-cutter "pay for content" MMOs, are devoid of actual substance. The only goal is to KILL monsters and pay REAL money to kill MORE monsters.

-Like I said before, Super Mario Galaxy is one of the most overrated games in the past ten years. Almost even more so than Final Fantasy VII.

-Speaking of Final Fantasy VII, I love the music, battle system, and just about everything else. There's a catch: disc two is a horrible bore. The middle feels like tacked-on filler.

-People who scream about 10-20 hour games as "too short" get on my nerves. You know what? I'd much rather play a game in 15 hours and experience everything it wants me to instead of a 40 hour game with only 15 "real" hours of an experience. I don't care if general RPG players or whoever want "more" in order to feel like their purchase was "really worth it." Just give me my game, and if it takes 6 hours to play, so be it! If it was really good, I'll play it again!

I'm sure there are more things that bother me but fail to come to mind.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    -Speaking of Final Fantasy VII, I love the music, battle system, and just about everything else. There's a catch: disc two is a horrible bore. The middle feels like tacked-on filler.
    Isn't disc 2 like 75% of the game once you are out of Midgar and before you enter the crater at the end of the game? I haven't played FF7 in a few years...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

One I've been taking a lot of flack for lately.......

Castlevania: LoS sucks. It's repetitive, boring, uninspired, and a rip off of a rip off of that original rip off.
    Last edited by Polygon; 01-06-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post
    The PlayStation 2 really wasn't all that great. There were many good games, but as time passed it showed aging signs in terms of processing and visuals, especially when compared to the Xbox, which still looks excellent on an HDTV. Even the Gamecube still holds up better today, IMO.
    Agreed. For some reason, the PS2 has never struck a chord with me. Personally, I find the original Playstation's library to be of higher quality and with more classics (albeit with graphics that haven't stood the test of time so well). When I look back at the PS2, I view its library in the exact same light as the Wii's today: several good games, a few great games, but even in its heyday, the majority of titles are just retreads, sequels and middling also-rans.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    One I've been taking a lot of flack for lately.......

Castlevania: LoD sucks. It's repetitive, boring, uninspired, and a rip off of a rip off of that original rip off.
    What game is Legacy of Darkness a rip-off of? o_O I've never heard anyone call it a rip-off before. Did you mean to type LoI or LoS? I've heard Lament of Innocence called a Devil May Cry rip-off, and I've heard Lords of Shadow called a God of War rip-off.

While it's not so controversial, the whole "blah of blah" subtitle scheme for Castlevania has gone way too far. You know it's bad when they start reusing words, like with Legacy of Darkness and Curse of Darkness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

What game is Legacy of Darkness a rip-off of? o_O I've never heard anyone call it a rip-off before. Did you mean to type LoI or LoS? I've heard Lament of Innocence called a Devil May Cry rip-off, and I've heard Lords of Shadow called a God of War rip-off.

While it's not so controversial, the whole "blah of blah" subtitle scheme for Castlevania has gone way too far. You know it's bad when they start reusing words, like with Legacy of Darkness and Curse of Darkness.

Crap. You're completely right. That was supposed to LoS not D. I'm talking about Lords of Shadow. Legacy of Darkness was crap, but it certainly was not a rip off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Isn't disc 2 like 75% of the game once you are out of Midgar and before you enter the crater at the end of the game? I haven't played FF7 in a few years...
    Its mainly large bits of it that I don't like. The story takes a big pounding when Cloud leaves the party. Come to think of it, I can't remember the parts I disliked at all. All I remember is disc 1, bits of disc 2, and disc 3. Part of the game seriously needs a fixing in the pacing department.

Those mini-games come to mind too.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.