Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Default Black Friday - Post Your Deals

I know, this could technically go in the Nov. finds thread. But, lets see what awesome deals everyone scored today either for themselves or as gifts.

Got up (never slept) at 2:30am and headed to Target after a pitstop at Hess/Dunkin'Donuts for caffine. Waited in line till 5am discussing anal glands and Harry Pottor. Snagged New Super Mario Bros. (wii)[$49.99+ $10 giftcard], Donkey Kong Country Returns (wii)[$39.99], and Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles. (wii)[$19.99] plus another $10 giftcard for spending over $100.

The original plan was to pick up Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, and a pair of socks (had to top $100 after tax to get that third card) to score $30 in giftcards. However, Donkey Kong's giftcard deal ended yesterday but because they left their signage up we were able to convince a manager to sell us the game at a $10 discount. Then to reach the $100 mark I had to find a clearance game I wanted (Chronicles). Left the socks behind.

Went to Best Buy after, but didn't see anything I wanted to buy.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I strolled into Wal-Mart a little bit after 6 a.m. and got the following:

$10 games

Guitar Hero: World Tour (XB, game only)
    Prototype (XB, Greatest Hits)
    Castlevania: Judgment (Wii)

$7 games

Geon Cube (Wii)

$2 DVDs

The Devil Wears Prada (a gift)
    27 Dresses (a gift)
    Jumper (a gift)
    Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
    Justice League: Crisis
    Green Lantern: The Animated Movie

I pricematched Mass Effect 2 for $9.99 from the K-Mart circular. They had to call in a manager since ME2 was part of the 360 bundle deal. I got the last one. I would have done the same for Batman: Arkham Asylum for 360, but I'm not even sure I'm going to keep what I bought at this point.

Apparently, Wal-Mart is using the Black Friday holiday to unload a bunch of $8 previously played games. They were selling resealed Burger King 360 games in that bin. What a rip!

Also, a lady lost it when she couldn't get Madden 2011 for Wii for $10. Someone had apparently picked it up and chucked it back into the $10 bin where she found it. She claimed it was false advertising when it was clearly listed for $29 in the store circular.

There were several copies of PS3 games still available like Ratchet & Clank and Prototype left, but I don't have a PS3. I never got my hands on Wheel of Fortune for Wii, but I'm happy nonetheless.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Picked up GoW collection for 10 shipped off Amazon just now. I really want the LotR Blu Trilogy for 10 from Target, but they were sold out online when I got up and probably are at the store by now, too.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far.

New Vegas for the PS3 $38.xx shipped from KMart.com
    Marx Brother Collection for $11.24 from WB Shop.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Got to Gamestop right at midnight, waited about 40 minutes in line to pick up my deal...which I noticed on the price sticker that the sale lasts for about a week...doh!

2 Super Street Fighter 4 guides (1 for me, one for a friend) - $3 each.

I'm pretty boring this year.

EDIT: I did pick up a few Live Arcade games too, that are Black Friday sales. Monkey Island 2, Splosion Man and Trials HD for 960 points ($12)
    Last edited by VACRMH; 11-26-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added XBL stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll do a tl;dr at the bottom.

Went to Walmart when it opened and it was crazy. People everywhere trying to snatch up their deals. I managed to sneak my way in and grab Infamous for $10. I was going to get GoW Collection, but someone right in front of me grabbed the last copy. The lines were crazy as well and someone ended up losing a baby! After managing to get out, my brother pointed out Gamestop looked open, so we stopped and I picked up Crack in Time. Then this morning my mother ordered GoW Collection on Amazon for me since I was sleeping .

tl;dr
    Walmart:
    Infamous - $10

Gamestop:
    Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time - $15

Amazon:
    God of War Collection - $10
    I have a sig?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Great idea, Daria. I'll repost my stuff from the main thread.

I don't do physical stores on Black Friday since I have to cross the border, and the lines are incredibly long on this day. My brother has to work today. Poor bastard.

All of these purchases are from Steam's weekend-long Thanksgiving sale:

Thursday: Alpha Protocol ($7.50), GridRunner Revolution, BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity, QuantZ, Galcon Fusion, ProtoGalaxy ($5). Gridrunner Revolution DOESN'T WORK. The Dev's screwed us out of support.

Friday: Gish (already owned it via the Humble Indie Bundle), And Yet It Moves, Puzzle Agent, Jolly Rover (already owned it), Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale ($5), Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days ($5). I already owned Jolly Rover and Valve wouldn't let me gift it. Dicks.

Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Black Friday price for Beatles: Rock Band at Best Buy, the only game in the sales I was interested in: $16.99

Price I paid a few days ago at Target on clearance: $20.89

Sleeping until 10am on Black Friday: Priceless

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DoggWhiskey

So far (all on Amazon):

Games:
    Bayonetta XBox360 - $12.99
    Red Dead Redemption XBox360 - $29.00

Blu-Ray:
    Mad Men Season 2 - $9.99
    Mad Men Season 3 - $9.99
    Life is like a hurricane...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was hoping that Walmart would be selling the $10 games online at 12:01 EST but it was not to be. I ended up going to the store nearby with little hope and everything was picked over including most of the dreck at $7 or $10 about 20 minutes after midnight. Even if they had the games I would have just left after seeing how long the lines would have been, the store wasen't that crowded (as in packed like sardines wall to wall) but the lines were bad as mentioned. Ended up taking my chances online.

GameStop.com

Infamous - $8 (Had a $10 code)
    Ratchet And Clank Future: A Crack In Time - $8 (Again this price thanks to a $10 code)

Amazon Lighting Deal

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

We can't be bothered to go out anymore. he sales imo this year have been pretty tame. Everything we got was online:

Law Abiding Citizen (BR) $7
    MK vs DC Universe (360) $17
    Both were ordered on Tuesday from Best Buy. I like how Black Friday is slowly turning into Black Week.

Wii Fit Plus with Board $80 (Gift)
    Ordered from Amazon. Sadly, we missed the Lightning Deal for $67. Target had this for $67 but no free shipping and tax? Eat me.

Lost Complete Collection (BR) $120
    Amazon Lightning Deal. Now the question is if we'll keep the DVD sets or if they offer BR upgrade rebates.

And that's it. Like I said, wasn't bowled over by the deals. Achi may have gotten me other BF stuff but I won't know for 4 weeks. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    redraid
    PSN
    redraid

Went to Wal-Mart at midnight last night and picked up a bunch of stuff, also had them price match things from Best Buy and Target, got everything I wanted and only had to go to Wal-Mart for an hour and a half.

Games:
    NHL 2011-$34.99
    NBA 2k11-$29.00
    WWE SvR 2011-$29.00

Blu Rays:
    Zombieland-$9.99
    Saving Private Ryan-$9.99
    Prince of Persia-$9.99
    Kick Ass-$9.99
    Get Him to the Greek-$9.99
    Fight Club-$9.99
    Ice Age-$5.00
    Walk the Line-$5.00

DVDs:
    Smallville Seasons 3,7,9-$9.99 Each
    DC Crisis on Two Earths-$2.00
    DC Batman Gotham Knights-$2.00
    DC Superman/Doomsday-$2.00
    DC Superman/Batman Public Enemies-$2.00
    DC Batman Under the Red Hood-$2.00
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Brodie Bruce

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I grabbed a couple more things off amazon. Mad Men 1-3 Blu Ray for 10 each, and Wii Fit Plus w/ board for 67. Have heard a lot about Mad Men and seems up my alley, but we don't have cable. Wii Fit was an impulse buy, but my wife has been wanting new ways to work out, especially with winter here.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

360 Arkham Asylum GOTY edition $17.99 + Free Shipping from Newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-020-_-Product

DS Puzzle Quest 2 - $10.89 from Amazon

Halo Reach Legendary Edition - $79.99 from Gamestop (already sold flaming helmet code on Ebay and made back half the cost!)

Supernatural Season 5 DVD - $18.99 from Amazon

Big Bang Theory Seasons 2 & 3 - $12.99 each from Amazon
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Screw the modern stuff. My black friday deal was a new used game, dvd, book store in my town. I scored Battle of Olympus, Chessmaster, Top Gun, Hudson Hawk, T&C Surf Design, Kid Niki, and a Star Trek V movie poster for $20.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't really clean up at all but my cousin did. I hit up Gamestop and got the Scribblenauts/Super Scribblenauts deal for $40 total. Since I used to work at that location, I asked the manager if I could get one of the Pac-Man plushes without having to buy Pac-Man Party (though I totally want it). She went ahead and let me have it. I also picked up the guides for Super Street Fighter IV and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 for $3 each.

I stopped into Half-Price books and got the Settlers: Rise of an Empire for $4.

I picked up my cousin before noon so he could take advantage of an offer from Meijer. They were selling the Red 25th Anniversary Wii systems for $200 but gave a $50 store credit. He's going to go back before it expires and pick up the new DK game.

Best Buy was right up the street and he snapped up seasons 2-9 of Smallville for $10 each and the first 3 seasons of The Big Bang Theory for $15 each. We went to a different Gamestop and he picked up the KH guide for $3.

We checked a few more places like Wal-Mart, Sears, and Big Lots but didn't find anything worth grabbing. We hit up a Buybacks and I found a copy of Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for $15. I almost bought it but it must've been scuffed up and the girl ran it under her buffing machine. She went to ring it out and I told her I wasn't interested (I wish she would have let me see the condition first).

This was the first time I actually got to go out and shop on Black Friday. Last year I had just gotten a temp job and was playing catch up so there was NO way I was going out. Every year before that, I played the part of the schlep register monkey at Gamestop fielding questions on why we didn't have Mario on XB360 and such. I'm hardly an expert but it seemed mildly tame this year compared to years past.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up Rhythm Heaven for $10 at walmart

Ordered need for speed hot pursuit for $30 at amazon using a $20 code I had so that ended up being $10 as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last night I was up late(like always) so I went to my 24 hour Walmart because their sales started at 12:01 am. I got there alittle after 1 am and it was super packed despite the fact that the initial rush was seemingly over. The bins that had cheap games were super empty but luckily they had one game still in the regular gaming section I wanted: God of War Collection(PS3) for $9.99. I also saw Tetris Evolutions(369) for $9.99 thrown in with the cheap movies.

I got home, did some stuff online and went to bed. When I woke up I had a few more stores I wanted to check. I first went to Best Buy to get the latest season of Smallville and a wireless headset that was on sale. The supposed last place I went was my normal Walmart but they had nothing I wanted. So I went across the street to Target. And since I didn't get all the PS3 games I wanted from Walmart I got them from Target by doing a circular price match. The three women at customer service asked if they could keep my Walmart ad to verify sales from other customers and I happily obliged since I just got two good deals from them. Here's my complete black friday deals list:

Walmart

God of War Collection(PS3) $9.99
    Tetris Evolutions(360) $9.99

Best Buy

Smallville Seaon 9 $1.24
    Official 360 Wireless Headset $3.74

Target

Killzone 2(PS3) $9.99
    Infamous(PS3) $9.99

Whats funny is that I still don't have a PS3 but I've been on the prowl for cheap games for it for when I finally get a PS3(although that might not be until next gen). I spent $30 today and got three of the best games in the PS3's library. And Target had even more deals for the PS3 but I'll check back there next week.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Whats funny is that I still don't have a PS3 but I've been on the prowl for cheap games for it for when I finally get a PS3(although that might not be until next gen). I spent $30 today and got three of the best games in the PS3's library. And Target had even more deals for the PS3 but I'll check back there next week.
    I've always done this, get the games on the cheap even if you don't have the system and by the time you get it, you've got a small library of awesome ready to be played. When I finally got my Wii, I had over 30 titles available to play from the get go. By the time I get around to getting a PS3 and then a 360, it'll be the same deal. I'm definitely going after a PS3 first, getting burned on hardware failures twice on the original Xbox and coupled with the many years of hearing about/dealing with the RROD, my desire to get a 360 has dropped to minimal levels.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl View Post
    I was hoping that Walmart would be selling the $10 games online at 12:01 EST but it was not to be. I ended up going to the store nearby with little hope and everything was picked over including most of the dreck at $7 or $10 about 20 minutes after midnight. Even if they had the games I would have just left after seeing how long the lines would have been, the store wasen't that crowded (as in packed like sardines wall to wall) but the lines were bad as mentioned. Ended up taking my chances online.

GameStop.com

Infamous - $8 (Had a $10 code)
    Ratchet And Clank Future: A Crack In Time - $8 (Again this price thanks to a $10 code)

Amazon Lighting Deal
    I tried to use my $10 code for Ratchet and Clank, but it wouldn't work. It may have been because I tried it on Thanksgiving but whatever. I guess I'll save it for another time.
    I have a sig?