Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default American Mcgee's Alice 2: Return to Madness

alright i wanna know who is with me that they been dying for the past 10 years for this game to come out.

I am a huggggggggeeee American Mcgees Alice fan

so big.. i actually felt completely let down when i heard about tim burtons movie (after so many rumors about a movie done after the game was gonna be made) and refuse to watch it!
    So big of a fan i actually formed a grin and smile worthy of a cheshire cat when i found out about this sequel.

So yes who can't wait?

Its suppose to come out next spring for the Xbox 360 and PS3 and PC (i'm gonna get it for the PC)

Teasers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrjXLlsoPlI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmLs...eature=channel

Oh dear alice.... what have you done?!?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Awesome! I recently found an Alice action figure and realized as much as I liked this game back in the day it would be horribly outdated now. I didn't think a remake/sequel was likely but this is great news.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

hope its just as dark and just as clever with its dark approach.

People call it emo or goth.

Goth it may be but it was clever in its design. Instead of coming out with leather and just a messed up scary look and spikes and chains and such like one would think.

They did a dark dark Victorian era look and then added beautiful old organ style music in there to give it that old ambient feel.

God i love alice!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think Alice was great, but American McGee's follow-up games have all been very poor to downright unplayable. I hope he has the time and resources he needs to make Alice 2 right.

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I remember reading about this a few months ago when the teaser was released. I love the first game and will definitely be picking this one up for the PC whenever it gets released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i played Alice when I was a little too young to not get freaked out by it.. but I did love the game (be it with breaks to get my nerves back;P)
    hope part 2 will be as cool as part 1

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
    The PlaystationCollecting.com Database and Collection Tool
    Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Forum
    - Visit My Retro Video Game Store! -

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

So details about preorder bonuses have just been revealed.

People who buy the PS3 or 360 version get a downloadable code for the original Alice. Preordering the game (console or PC) from Amazon or Gamestop gets you a downloadable soundtrack.

People who buy the PC version from anywhere else get nothing. Yes, nothing. You don't get the PC version of American McGee's Alice unless you purchase the game directly from the EA Store via digital distribution. You also get some bonus costumes and weapons. And of course, if you don't live in a supported region, you get charged in Euros.

Sources are this PC Gamer Article, and American McGee's blog.

FUCK YOU, EA. FUCK YOU. I wanted this game but this is just a pure dick move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

People who buy the PS3 or 360 version get a downloadable code for the original Alice. Preordering the game (console or PC) from Amazon or Gamestop gets you a downloadable soundtrack.

People who buy the PC version from anywhere else get nothing. Yes, nothing. You don't get the PC version of American McGee's Alice unless you purchase the game directly from the EA Store via digital distribution. You also get some bonus costumes and weapons. And of course, if you don't live in a supported region, you get charged in Euros.

To be fair though, the PC version is at least $10 cheaper than the console version, so I don't feel too bad for people who buy the PC version and then have to spend another $10 or so to get the Alice download. Used sales are also much less prominent on the PC, so the whole incentive for encouraging people to buy the game new is somewhat lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

It doesn't look like we'll be able to GET Alice unless we buy it in that specific package. EA hasn't confirmed it yet.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

How are the pre-order bonuses any different than whats done with new games all the time? Normally Amazon and GS (not to mention BB, and others depending on the game) are getting their own pre-order goodies that are different from the others. I get a bit miffed that i'm not getting whatever one place has, when ordered from another, but I either buy the code off eBay, or get over it. 99% of the time its skins or lame weapons that are quickly outpaced by ingame items.

Are you mad that you don't get the original Alice? Don't you already have a copy (or three) of it? I know that you've posted enough of them in the finds threads over the years. I don't see why you're angry. It's a US bonus and unfortunately, you're not in the US. I guess it sucks that you've got to buy it from their store in Euros, but at least if you do that, you'll get the Download game (that you've already got on disc). I'm just not seeing the reason for the EA hate.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, I'm ticked off that they didn't give away an actual CD instead of a download voucher that expires in a few months. I'm also ticked off that Alice is not included in retail PC releases - that's horribly unfair to South American countries (and possibly Asian ones, too) where EADM still isn't a viable option to purchase your game. (They did fix the Euro problem for Mexico, but everyone else is still shafted. And people from Puerto Rico are getting the price in Euros, too.) If the Alice set was available at other, more foreign market friendly places, like Steam, Direct2Drive or GamersGate, I wouldn't be this pissed off.

And I could care less about the in-game items. I don't think they're worth anything (I want to kill things, not play Dress-Up Alice) and besides, they'll probably be unlockable via cheats / save game hacks.

This was the very first game I was actually thinking of buying at retail price in years, but limiting Alice to the EA Store just rubbed me the wrong way.

Edit: Also, they made sure people would preorder the PC version elsewhere before saying the game was an EA Store exclusive. That's just low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I became much more interested in this game once I found out that new copies would have dlc for the original Alice. And since I don't game on my pc thats a big bonus for me. At first I heard that it was only for preorders but now it appears that all new copies on 360 or PS3 will get the code for the original. So I'm definitely going to get the game, I just haven't decided how long I'll wait while the price comes down.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not a pc gamer so I never played the original so I'm glad its included with the PS3 version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Well, I'm ticked off that they didn't give away an actual CD instead of a download voucher that expires in a few months. I'm also ticked off that Alice is not included in retail PC releases - that's horribly unfair to South American countries (and possibly Asian ones, too) where EADM still isn't a viable option to purchase your game. (They did fix the Euro problem for Mexico, but everyone else is still shafted. And people from Puerto Rico are getting the price in Euros, too.) If the Alice set was available at other, more foreign market friendly places, like Steam, Direct2Drive or GamersGate, I wouldn't be this pissed off.
    WAH. You OWN the game on disc already. It is a BONUS, primarily aimed at people WHO DO NOT OWN the damn thing. Should the code expiring matter, if you're buying it at launch via a Pre-order? Buying it later may not give you the code anyways. EA does many many first run LE games now, designed to get quick buys.

This was the very first game I was actually thinking of buying at retail price in years, but limiting Alice to the EA Store just rubbed me the wrong way.
    EA is doing that to get purchases through their store, so that THEY get MOAR monies from each sale. I still don't see the big deal.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He needs the code not to expire so he can sell it, he has the game already, he doesnt want the code to "play" the game, amirite?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    He needs the code not to expire so he can sell it, he has the game already, he doesnt want the code to "play" the game, amirite?
    Actually, I was talking about the soundtrack voucher code. Those only have a shelf life of less than a year; at least with a CD, you can sell it or trade it or something (not to mention there's always an excess of copies printed... heh.)

And the games will be available via EADM; that's EA's launch / download / update client, which is very similar to Steam. The games are added directly to your account, so there's no need for a code like consoles (but your retail CD keys can used to register some games on it.) When you buy some games from third party stores like Direct2Drive you get a key code that works with EADM.

The point is not the fact I won't be getting a code. It's the fact that this game has been left unavailable to everyone who doesn't buy the game from them. EA might be a big corporation, and they may be trying to push their EADM service, but their sales are still mostly from retail channels. Them not selling the set in brick and mortar stores doesn't make any sense... Shit, the SINGLE game isn't even available in Steam! These days, that's a good way to limit your sales, anywhere. They're pushing this release quite a bit, I just hope it doesn't backfire...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

It doesn't look like we'll be able to GET Alice unless we buy it in that specific package. EA hasn't confirmed it yet.
    Post about Alice 1. Not the soundtrack.

You want the game, and are mad that there are multiple retail offerings, spending more of this post going on about the EA store version of the game, which is the Alice set, not Alice II + Download code for soundtrack.a

And I could care less about the in-game items. I don't think they're worth anything (I want to kill things, not play Dress-Up Alice) and besides, they'll probably be unlockable via cheats / save game hacks.

Edit: Also, they made sure people would preorder the PC version elsewhere before saying the game was an EA Store exclusive. That's just low.
    Mad no cd release of soundtrack, and mad no release of Alice via normal retail channels and mad it's not available via Steam and other online download ways. I don't know where to start here, as you're mad everywhere isn't getting everything. Welcome to gaming pre-orders of the 21st century. Each place wants your money and offers something different. You've got to vote with your bucks as to what you value most. At this point, everything is not an option.

In addition, what does it matter if it's low of EA to do their release after other stuff has been announced. It's a damn pre-order that can be cancelled and shifted over to the EA Store with a few clicks of the mouse. The game isn't out now and this wasn't sprung last minute.

Actually, I was talking about the soundtrack voucher code. Those only have a shelf life of less than a year; at least with a CD, you can sell it or trade it or something (not to mention there's always an excess of copies printed... heh.)
    Really? Hell in all the above quotes I see 95% on lack of everything except soundtrack DLC as being what you're pissed about. Ok, got it. Mad about lack of soundtrack to the EA store order. Double mad it's DL only.

And the games will be available via EADM; that's EA's launch / download / update client, which is very similar to Steam. The games are added directly to your account, so there's no need for a code like consoles (but your retail CD keys can used to register some games on it.) When you buy some games from third party stores like Direct2Drive you get a key code that works with EADM.
    So there is something online, like Steam to use. Ok. So buying it from EA gets you both games, BUT you may have to pay in Euro's if you're in another market and want it on PC. Slightly lame, but i'm sure a majority of their purchasers will not be screwed by the Euro/regional issue. You're not, so you are in the clear on this one. I guess it's nice to fight for the everyman, but you better pick up the flag for all those games that us Americans have lost, not gotten the good goodies for all these many years.

The point is not the fact I won't be getting a code. It's the fact that this game has been left unavailable to everyone who doesn't buy the game from them. EA might be a big corporation, and they may be trying to push their EADM service, but their sales are still mostly from retail channels. Them not selling the set in brick and mortar stores doesn't make any sense... Shit, the SINGLE game isn't even available in Steam! These days, that's a good way to limit your sales, anywhere. They're pushing this release quite a bit, I just hope it doesn't backfire...
    Wait, now you're mad, not about the lack of pre-order bonus soundtrack that a paragraph above roasted your biscuits above all else, but that you have to buy it from EA and use their 'Steam-esque' system and not another to get the bonus Alice. Dude, they are doing that to get people to USE their system. You do know that EA wants to control your gaming experience. When playing a game on XBL or PSN you log into THEIR servers to play, even over XBL which handles all other companies games (save for FF XI or PSO).

You've got Alice in other formats and if for some reason you can't pre-order a copy of the game via Amazon or GameStop (which I know you can, because you've got a US address) then you can download the soundtrack from somewhere else.

You do rip all of your music onto your computer right? I don't think this DLC will be any different than any other songs you've got on your PC. Heck, if you want it on a disc, you could burn it afterwords. You lose the fancy packaging, but so does everyone, and well these retailers doing pre-orders are trying to keep their costs down. It's not like they make alot per game on new release sales.

Seriously, just order it from the EA store and get the soundtrack from other means. You'll then have the best of all worlds.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I wasn't very clear about what I was trying to say. Guess my rage got in the way. Apologies.

The soundtrack voucher is time limited; that was my main problem with it. (I suspect, and hope, that Amazon buyers will have the music added to their music purchases.) It's a preorder bonus, so I hope they'll release a full soundtrack in the future, on CD or not. (I don't mind buying digital soundtracks if they're sold at a good price.)

The original Alice game not being available anywhere else for PC is still kind of odd... I hope EA relents and eventually offers the game for sale on its own, or in retail packages, and at other places.

(Footnote: I don't own a 360 or PS3, and I think it's cool that console owners can play this game as a bonus without having to deal with eBay prices. That game -totally- should have come out on consoles back in the day.)

Now excuse me, I have to keep putting my foot in my mouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I wasn't very clear about what I was trying to say. Guess my rage got in the way. Apologies.
    I understand gamer rage. I gets it myself. Your rage was all over the map and for pretty much all of it, didn't actually affect you. I guess i'm just confused as to why you'd gotten so mad because you couldn't get this or that, when in reality you could get any of it, but just not all of it at once. Welcome to the boat everyone else was in (for those buying a PC copy of the game)!

The soundtrack voucher is time limited; that was my main problem with it. (I suspect, and hope, that Amazon buyers will have the music added to their music purchases.) It's a preorder bonus, so I hope they'll release a full soundtrack in the future, on CD or not. (I don't mind buying digital soundtracks if they're sold at a good price.)
    I think you're forgetting one thing. The soundtrack is a PRE-ORDER bonus (ok you didn't forget it, but I think you're missing the meaning of it). Dudes/dudettes who buy it before release get access to it. Day 1 buyers do not. They are using this as a carrot to get the sales. Again, maybe just because you don't buy many things at launch anymore you arn't experiencing it, but these things have been real common across console releases for the 'A-list' titles well back into the PSOne lifespan.

The original Alice game not being available anywhere else for PC is still kind of odd... I hope EA relents and eventually offers the game for sale on its own, or in retail packages, and at other places.
    I highly doubt it. The game never got any re-releases (save it's cover art editing) over the years, and they are now tacking it in w/ console and EA store purchased digital copies of the game. Best hope is some form of digital distribution solo, which depending on the sales of the new game would dictate IMO.

Now excuse me, I have to keep putting my foot in my mouth.
    Nah, just tone down teh Alice nerd rage a notch and you're good. If it'll make you feel better I can ramp up the Bad Day LA rage. Same dude, except the game only came out on PC and was supposed to be on Xbox too. Alas... twas not to be.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I'm personally happy that Alice will be included with the console version of Alice 2 and that it can also be purchased separately for $10. It's a cheap way to replace my Mac copy (which I can no longer play since I'm not on a Mac anymore). I'll still wait for reviews of Alice 2 before deciding on whether to get the sequel or not, though.