Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many SNES games is there in total?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Really interesting reading this thread. I didnt see anyone point it out but the Tony Meola game is identical to Super Copa. The Tony Meola is the main one that was sold in the U.S. and Super Copa was geared toward the Spanish speaking market. as far as I am aware its the same damn game, released at the same damn time, just different title and different language.

I didnt know that the "International Soccer" games were contentious when I was going through my list. I'll have to look into that. To me, if it was sold or rented at a store in the United States and it was licensed, it counts.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    Really interesting reading this thread. I didnt see anyone point it out but the Tony Meola game is identical to Super Copa. The Tony Meola is the main one that was sold in the U.S. and Super Copa was geared toward the Spanish speaking market. as far as I am aware its the same damn game, released at the same damn time, just different title and different language.

I didnt know that the "International Soccer" games were contentious when I was going through my list. I'll have to look into that. To me, if it was sold or rented at a store in the United States and it was licensed, it counts.
    Lol. Necro-post... "Thread arise!"
    Yes, it was an interesting discussion. I did end up acquiring a complete U.S.-retail-released cart-only complete set of SNES games. About 6 years after completing the set. I had to liquidate most of them due to bills. I now have about 75 of my favorites left, though, so when I get the time (Lol. Never.), I can still pull out some really great games and play them.
    Are you working towards a "complete set" of some sort?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bardoly View Post
    Lol. Necro-post... "Thread arise!"
    Yes, it was an interesting discussion. I did end up acquiring a complete U.S.-retail-released cart-only complete set of SNES games. About 6 years after completing the set. I had to liquidate most of them due to bills. I now have about 75 of my favorites left, though, so when I get the time (Lol. Never.), I can still pull out some really great games and play them.
    Are you working towards a "complete set" of some sort?
    In ROM form, yeah. I can't justify spending that kind of money, especially for some of those games. Im not gonna spend my hard earned money on the Adventures of Kid Kleets