Thread: Should I sell my complete Quest for Glory V?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Should I sell my complete Quest for Glory V?

Quite unexpectedly, first the game CD (with jewelcase) for Q4G V and then the box and manual (in great condition) happened to fall into my hands. The sensible thing to do would be to sell it, and offset the cost of all the Steam purchases I've been making lately.

But I'm a tiny bit hesitant... Something like this will never fall into my hands again, and it does seem to be a game enthusiastically appreciated by many. On the other hand, it could be ages before I get around to playing it; it's not like I have any prior experience with the series. Even then I could just quietly use the "backup copy" I made while testing the disc.

I suppose it would help if I had a better estimation of the true value of this package; there's nothing like it on eBay at the moment. But value is not the only concern here, which is why this isn't in "What's It Worth".
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just sold one a few months ago for $20, but that was just for the 2 discs & the jewel case. Complete copies with boxes look like they go for around $40.

It doesn't sound like you're a fan of the series or plan on playing it, so I say just sell them. Most people want the anthology collection anyway, so I - IV never sell for that much anyway (except for the first one).

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd say sell... it's a great game but one made that much better if you can import the guy you made from Q4G I and brought through the entire series. Great game but if you're not a rabid fan, now's a good time for a little extra cash.
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... This is worth money?!

DAMMIT, I always ignore it when searching for stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sold a complete boxed copy for about US $20 just a couple months ago. It is not really worth much.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I have one of those lying around. Of course, the real gem is the collection of QG I-IV that came out...around the same time? I think.

The series really is quite good...it's light RPG, with interesting combat dynamics and a fairly decent (even "episodic") story. The neat thing is that you can carry your characters forward from I -> II -> III -> IV -> V.

It's a worthwhile series to play through, really. Some day I'll have to get through it all. I think I've only made it halfway through III - maybe I've finished it - but only started IV. Some day I'll make it through. They just released that VGA QG II a year or so ago, which I tried out - it's quite good. I personally wouldn't get rid of it, but really it depends on what games you enjoy. I wouldn't keep it unless you intend to play the other games, honestly.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't, but then this is my favorite adventure game series.

Unless you're in dire need of cash I would suggest holding off on selling it right away, at least until you've had a chance to try the earlier games.