Thread: Lynx, Virtual Boy, Super Punch-Out poster

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lynx, Virtual Boy, Super Punch-Out poster

I dug around in my garage and found a few things I'm curious about. Hoping someone here can shed some light on them.

First thing I found was my old Virtual Boy collection. Everything is in pretty good shape, and I was hoping to find out what it's worth. The games are:

Galactic Pinball (CIB)
    Golf (sealed)
    Mario Clash (CIB)
    Mario Tennis (cart only)
    Nester's Funky Bowling (sealed)
    Panic Bomber (sealed)
    Red Alarm (CIB)
    Teleroboxer (CIB)
    Vertical Force (sealed)
    Virtual Boy Wario Land (sealed)

My question is, does that stuff still hold much value?

Next I found a bunch of Atari Lynx titles, all boxed. As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no interest in anything for the Lynx. Is it safe to assume that to be true?

Finally, I found an interesting poster advertising Super Punch-Out!!. For the most part, it's like the stock posters: advertising a fight against Bald Bull. What makes it different is that the name of the journalist that received the poster is named as the challenger. I'll upload pics in a bit; in the mean time, has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I would love to get Lynx games, but whenever some appear, I'm always tapped out fo cash. I think ArcadeAntics had a great bundle I would have loved to get, but because of low funds at the time, I think he sold it.

There is some interest, perhaps not as much as other consoles.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Virtual Boy games are pretty worthless these days, you wouldn't get much for them, especially Nester's Funky Bowling. I would gladly take them off your hands for like ten bucks.

Yeah.......

Nah, I wouldn't be a dick like that. CIB Virtual Boy games, not to mention SEALED Virtual Boy games, are worth a nice chunk of change nowadays, especially with the Nintendo 3DS coming out and renewing interest in Nintendo's sole failed console.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalChemical View Post
    Next I found a bunch of Atari Lynx titles, all boxed. As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no interest in anything for the Lynx. Is it safe to assume that to be true?
    I wouldn't say that. Just because something may not be worth a ton of money doesn't mean that there's no interest in it. I for one am much more interested in things that are selling for cheap.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Nah, I wouldn't be a dick like that. CIB Virtual Boy games, not to mention SEALED Virtual Boy games, are worth a nice chunk of change nowadays, especially with the Nintendo 3DS coming out and renewing interest in Nintendo's sole failed console.
    I wouldn't say that much, though the sealed Nester's Funky Bowling would be worth something decent. When I sold off my collection I basically got around $10 per game and all were complete with a couple sealed games. I believe I had a sealed Wario Land and a sealed Mario Clash. I would say the bundle of games would be worth around $150-$200 together.

As for the Lynx games, it would depend on the titles as some are more in demand but I sold off the bundle I had averaging $5 for each game(all loose). It was maybe a year ago, I'd have to check what I had and how much I got for everything. I might have priced it just under $5 each, like a game or two thrown in with the rest $5 each. I included a system too but the screen was having problems so I made sure to mention this, the person who bought it didn't care about the system anyway as he already had one.