Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default This is awful.

Who would let this person own a Yellow LoZ Test Cartridge.

Even worse, this person has recorded nothing involving actually playing it to prove it is real, and whenever questioned says he is "smoking weed with his hot lady friends" and is "busy playing Mario Kart Wii." He's already reacted at multiple people calling him out, even pointing out that his cart might be a fake. And even worse, I found this due to a helpful video showing footage of three different test cartridges. In short, a weed smoking idiot owns a possibly fake $800 test cartridge for the NES and is about as helpful for research into testing devices as a busted cinder block.

Dear God, this country used to go to the moon...

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Ya know... Ya know... Aaaaaa, Errrrr, ummmm, Ya know!"

Tap that spring of knowledge before it all leaks out! Ya know...

Apollo 11 was accomplished in what seems like an entirely other world. They are talking about a manned mission to Mars, but talking and doing are two totally different things. DC can't even run a successful restaurant on the hill, with a captured client base, under monopoly conditions. At this point, going back to the moon seems to be completely out of their reach, so forget about Mars...

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post

Dear God, this country used to go to the moon...
    There were plenty of weed smoking hippies around when we went to the moon too...ya know.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hahahahahaha hes got professionals: "compared it with my friend Jasons zelda test cart, the guy that built the giant NES, if anyone would know he would"
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 12-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who cares?
    Smoking weed with hot chicks sounds a lot better (and I'm queer! And edge!) than playing the Legend of Yellow Zelda just to prove to some people on the internet if it works or not.

-GoTaS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guru of Time and Space View Post
    Who cares?
    Smoking weed with hot chicks sounds a lot better (and I'm queer! And edge!) than playing the Legend of Yellow Zelda just to prove to some people on the internet if it works or not.

-GoTaS
    Yeah, it DOES sound pretty good.

My point, though, is this: would you rather have a rare cartridge used for maintenance testing in the hands of an illiterate bong-hitting Southerner who would sell it tomorrow for more weed and not give a damn as long as he/she has Mario Kart, or a video game collector who would ensure its' safety and allow it to be used properly (a.k.a. not a beer coaster) and kept away from damage by smoke?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never saw that in Wakka's hut in Final Fantasy X.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post
    My point, though, is this: would you rather have a rare cartridge used for maintenance testing in the hands of an illiterate bong-hitting Southerner who would sell it tomorrow for more weed and not give a damn as long as he/she has Mario Kart, or a video game collector who would ensure its' safety and allow it to be used properly (a.k.a. not a beer coaster) and kept away from damage by smoke?
    Unless it's literally the only copy in existence, who gives a shit? Seriously. Who the hell are you to decide who's worthy of owning anything?

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

And on that same note, could you imagine by chance how many random people have valuable games like Starfox Super Weekend and Donkey Kong Country Competition Cart because they ordered them in Nintendo Power or went to the tournament when they were kids or something?

Seriously, video game collectors don't have to own everything valuable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Unless it's literally the only copy in existence, who gives a shit? Seriously. Who the hell are you to decide who's worthy of owning anything?
    I don't think that was called for. It's perfectly understandable to think that is a good thing for important and valuable artifacts or hobbyist rarities be in the hands of people who would care for and research such things. It's like giving a DeLorean to an irresponsible drunk moron who drives like a maniac instead of a vehicle enthusiast or museum.
    DERP

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    It's like giving a DeLorean to an irresponsible drunk moron who drives like a maniac instead of a vehicle enthusiast or museum.
    So a real life Troy McClure?

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v956419d42a
    1:36-2:32

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    I don't think that was called for. It's perfectly understandable to think that is a good thing for important and valuable artifacts or hobbyist rarities be in the hands of people who would care for and research such things. It's like giving a DeLorean to an irresponsible drunk moron who drives like a maniac instead of a vehicle enthusiast or museum.
    Please. It's not the Shroud of Turin. No one's "giving" anything to anyone. He acquired it himself. It is his property and he should feel free to do what he wants with it. I love the superiority complexes some people have. Everyone who is saying "aw he doesn't deserve it" comes across as a whiny, jealous nerd. Get over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Please. It's not the Shroud of Turin. No one's "giving" anything to anyone. He acquired it himself. It is his property and he should feel free to do what he wants with it. I love the superiority complexes some people have. Everyone who is saying "aw he doesn't deserve it" comes across as a whiny, jealous nerd. Get over it.
    I do not even collect video games anymore which kind of negates the whiny, jealous nerd thing. I just think that there are many fine collectors in this hobby who do deserve rare items like that more than some pot-head doofus. There are some people on here who would probably lop off an appendage to have something like that and it saddens me to see people owning stuff like that with little care or understanding of the item.

Also, I am not trying to pick a fight or anything so... Sorry if I'm coming off as so.
    Last edited by Sonicwolf; 12-25-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    DERP

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd rather see fat joints of sticky icky get rolled on this cartridge than have it sit on some square's shelf and collect dust simply because it's "collectable" and "rare".
    The dude in the original video will put this cart to more use than any collector ever will.

-GoTaS
    Last edited by Guru of Time and Space; 12-25-2010 at 01:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guru of Time and Space View Post

I'd rather see fat joints of sticky icky get rolled on this cartridge than have it sit on some square's shelf and collect dust simply because it's "collectable" and "rare".
    The dude in the original video will put this cart to more use than any collector ever will.

-GoTaS
    but but but....

HE SMOKES WEED, APPARENTLY

this, plus his vague nonchalance, proves that he doesnt "deserve" this or really anything. only the truly lionhearted collector deserves to own rare games. everyone else can die in a fire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Is this really all that important?

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

To the OP, just worry about your self, it is not for YOU to say or judge someone else, it belongs to him and he is free to damn well do whatever he wants with it, melt it down just to inhale the fumes if he wants to. Stop being concerned about what others have or what they do with it.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Strawberry (Level 2) sebastiankirchoff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    NoSleepTillMnhtn
    Steam
    laserdiscfan

I don't think it really matters who the cart belongs to, it is his game, and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. Sure, he may not treat it like a collector does, but who gives a shit, it's his property. If I wanted to wipe my ass with a NWC Gold Cartridge or piss on a Donkey Kong competition cartridge, that's my own damn business, even if you or other collectors don't like it. Actually, the more collectors react towards people like this, the less likely they are to give up their "rare" or "collectible" game, just to piss you off. It sucks, sure, but this is America, and our country was founded on doing what we want with what we want (with a few exceptions).
    500th Post! December ?, 2010

Movies in Theatres I Have Last Seen
    Fair Game: 4/5
    Fighter, The: 4.5/5
    Tamara Drewe: 4/5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiankirchoff View Post
    I don't think it really matters who the cart belongs to, it is his game, and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.
    This. Plus, if the collector in the OP's post does destroy his cart, it can only benefit other people who own the same cart by increasing it's rarity.
    Don't go away mad....just go away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

This country went to the moon probably because its citizens didn't spend all their time whining on message boards about how "unworthy" people own plastic shells with a circuit board inside.