Thread: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Wow! This game is pretty decent in the 3 hours or so that I put into it so far. More people need to play this game. I know that not enough people haven played this game because I'm currently at a part in the game where I'm naked andhave cuts all over my body and I just saved Kane from being tortured and he is naked with cuts all over his body and we are both scarred and bloodied and now we have to escape this area through the parking lot while were naked.

If more people played this game, I would have heard about this by now. Even though it sounds somewhat comedic to have two naked dudes running around it's actually not. The whole game is quite gritty and grim and nasty and it actually fits in with what's been going on in the game and it's fairly captivating. The game play is a bit clunky but it plays a lot like The Club or 50 Cent Blood In The Sand and the game play is very solid. I always thought this game was anchored in 2 player co op and without it, it won't play well but I've been playing it single player and it's been fun so far.

I got this though the Gamefly sale for $8 and it's definitely $8 well spent. You should be albe to pick this up fairly cheap anywhere right now and I highly recommend it.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    Wow! This game is pretty decent in the 3 hours or so that I put into it so far. More people need to play this game.
    I got this though the Gamefly sale for $8 and it's definitely $8 well spent. You should be albe to pick this up fairly cheap anywhere right now and I highly recommend it.
    You're the only person that thinks so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nobody has even played the game that's why. They didn't do much to push the game, it came out in like April or something and the first one had a bit of controversy about something to do with influencing reviews or something like that. I gurantee you, when people start getting their hands on this game now that it cheap and people will take a risk on it, much like I did, it's going to turn into a 50 Cent: BitS, Psychonauts or Nier.

Trust me.

People keep defend MAG like it's a great game or whatever but it's not but for some reason people keep defending it. I'm going to stick up for this game. I really didn't care for the game at all like everyone else but I figure it was cheaper to buy it than rent it at Blockbuster so I'd try it out and if Ididn't like it, I think it will still fetch around 500 peoints at Goozex so it was a pretty safe risk for me but I'm totally enjoying it right now.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Eh, I bought it during a Steam sale for $5. It can't be as bad as people keep saying it is.

$5 seemed like a decent price, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

MAG /= Kane & Lynch in the slightest. A online only team based FPS vs a Co-Op (kinda) 3rd person shooter game?

The first K&L was horribly broken and IMO didn't deserve a sequel. It and Army of Two were both dropped at the same time, both had huge flaws and blended together. It didn't help that the sequels both dropped close to each other and didn't do anything to raise the Co-Op genre up a notch.
    Last edited by PapaStu; 12-30-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Played it. Worst Xbox 360 game I've ever played. When the entire game takes place in Hong Kong, you know you're in trouble.

Nier and Blood on the Sand are games that will have something like a cult following. I think Dog Days could win an award for 2010 as "Worst Game Everyone Played."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

A while ago I saw it on say for £5 brand new (physical 360 copy). I passed. I don't regret that decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Eh, I bought it during a Steam sale for $5. It can't be as bad as people keep saying it is.

$5 seemed like a decent price, anyway.
    It's pretty short. I beat it in one sitting on the default difficulty, took me about 5 hours or so so you're paying a dollar per hour of play.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    MAG /= Kane & Lynch in the slightest. A online only team based FPS vs a Co-Op (kinda) 3rd person shooter game?

The first K&L was horribly broken and IMO didn't deserve a sequel. It and Army of Two were both dropped at the same time, both had huge flaws and blended together. It didn't help that the sequels both dropped close to each other and didn't do anything to raise the Co-Op genre up a notch.
    I'm not comparing the game. I comparing the fact that people keep defending MAG even though it's fairly broken where K&L2 is being dismissed. 90% of people shitting on K&L2 haven't played it. I guarantee that.

I actually bought both games at the same time through the Gamefly sale and played MAG first and played that for 3 hours and was completely frustrated the whole time. It's basically sniper city. If a sniper can get a line of sight to the spawn base then it's pretty much game over. I remember shooting a tank from a fairly close distance with a rocket launcher and the rocket hit the tank but nothing happened, I reloaded shotthe tank again and once again the tank didn't even budge and then someone in the take jumps out and stabbed me to death.

I always hear, MAG is a great game after you put some time into it but screw that. There's many way better FPS games out there that came out this year, so why waste time with that.

On the other hand, not too many 3PS in general and this one is a solid game yet no one is even saying it's a decent game. I'm not saying it's the next Gears of War but I'm saying try it at least. There's a lot of fun to be had in this if even for just a few short hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Played it. Worst Xbox 360 game I've ever played. When the entire game takes place in Hong Kong, you know you're in trouble.

Nier and Blood on the Sand are games that will have something like a cult following. I think Dog Days could win an award for 2010 as "Worst Game Everyone Played."

It takes place in Shanghai and quite honestly that's one of the best parts of the game. The maps are just so well done and it's a breath of fresh air from all the torn down buildings and desert areas that pretty much every game has been populated with in the past few years. The game sort of has this presentation as if they were filming an episode of cops or something because the camera gets out of focus, lights burn and streak the vido and if you shoot a civilian or hit someone with a headshot, it pixelates their faces. It's really different and yet I never heard any of this because nobody played the damn game.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    It takes place in Shanghai and quite honestly that's one of the best parts of the game. The maps are just so well done and it's a breath of fresh air from all the torn down buildings and desert areas that pretty much every game has been populated with in the past few years. The game sort of has this presentation as if they were filming an episode of cops or something because the camera gets out of focus, lights burn and streak the vido and if you shoot a civilian or hit someone with a headshot, it pixelates their faces. It's really different and yet I never heard any of this because nobody played the damn game.
    I played it. The enemies take too many hits and the video artifacts gimmick gets really old really quick in my opinion.

At least it's down to a price where it wouldn't be that big of a deal just to try the game out, one where the price and length actually go hand in hand. 4 hours of gameplay should not add up to $60 unless those four hours are full of the best levels gaming has ever seen.

I personally did not like it. But hey, c'est la vie.

Insert Coin (Level 0) bunbunz23's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the game from gamefly and I thought it was not that bad. I thought the camera angle was horrible but the gameplay was ok.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

game is 13.99 on amazon right now, and this thread has convinced me and a friend of mine to buy it, a 4-6 hour campaign is outrageous at 60 dollars, lol but its a fucking bargain at 13 dollars
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I like the graphical style. I've watched a video of it before and the thing I didn't like about it was that it looked as if a person holding a camera was following behind the entire time. I get motion sickness by a lot of swaying so I probably would avoid it because of that. Another thing I don't like is the censorship of dead people, etc. Looks pretty stupid.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah the camera style is weird. The idea of it was supposed to be a "web documentary" type of feel to it. Some cutscenes it looks like the camera is just laying down somewhere unaware of whats happening. You can turn the camera sway off and have it play like a regular 3PS but the graphical style stays. It's weird because it looks like compressed youtube video the whole game but then again it's something I haven't seen before and it really just did something different knowing that it probably wasn't going to get a good response but it's definitely something that no other game can really compare to.

I can understand how the game would get a negative response at full price though. I'd be pissed if I paid more than $20 beause of how short it is but you shouldn't have to pay more than $15 for this game at this point and it's at the very least a weekend of entertainment and a few easy acheivements or throphies.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Downloaded the demo off PSN and have to say I hated it. Now they do have the ability to change the camera to player controlled which is much better, but whenever getting shot there's this effect that not only blood spatters on screen but there are a bunch of white dots that appear on the screen. I don't think it's screen tearing as I've never seen it look like that before, even on Mafia 2 where the screen tearing is extremely noticeable.

When it comes to gameplay though, the gameplay is a bit spotty. Sometimes you will take cover when pressing the correct button, others you won't. Firing weapons and stuff works pretty well though. Story also seems alright.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

does anyone still play this online anymore? i love this game online but i rarely find a match on the psn , add me if you plan on going online & want to get some of these online trophies

lol this was the best 20 dollars i ever spent

psn: ElPrivon
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."