Thread: CONTEST: 'Project X' questions contest - WINNER CHOSEN!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CONTEST: 'Project X' questions contest - WINNER CHOSEN!

Hey gang!

Well, “Your Friendly Neighborhood Sniderman” needs the help of the members of this board for a special project to be unveiled at this year’s CGE. Because the details of this project are still under wraps, I won’t reveal the nature of it just yet. But, you can participate in its creation; win a free copy of it when released; and win ANOTHER nifty prize or two as well! What do you need to do?

I NEED YOUR TRIVIA QUESTIONS ON MODERN-ERA HOME CONSOLES/GAMES!

For The Secret Project, we’ve been compiling trivia questions over the last year, but we’ve run into a kind of stumbling block with the newer stuff. That's where you come in. Come up with trivia questions on the consoles and games of the Modern Era, and you'll be entered into a random drawing for cool crap! Here's the rules and explanation:

1. What is "The Modern Era?" Well, a good rule of thumb is that we want questions on systems that use CDs and/or analog joysticks. However, there are exceptions. (The N64 is considered “Modern Era,” though it uses carts, whereas the Sega CD is considered “Neo-Classic” though it uses CDs.) Rather than nail down a specific year cut-off point, let’s just say that the Sega Saturn, 3DO, Atari Jaguar and the like marked the beginning of the “Modern Era” for our purposes. Please NO handheld questions and NO arcade machine questions. Just home consoles.

2. We will accept no more than 20 questions per person. In other words, don’t go nuts with a 500-item list.

3. Your question should be based on gameplay trivia, system facts, and the like. (Ex: “What was the first videogame system that came packaged with an analog joystick?” or “What kind of vehicle do you pilot in “Splashdown?”) “Please, no “ID this game” – type questions. Also, try not to be too “game- or system-centric.” (Don’t send in 20 questions all dealing with the Gamecube or 20 GTA III questions.) Also, send us the answers too.

4. We reserve the right to use any and all questions that are submitted. However, not all questions will be used.

5. For every question submitted – even those not used (unless you’re obviously just padding your list with goofy stuff) – you’ll receive one entry into the random drawing for the prize package. The prize package consists of a free copy of “Project X” upon release, a Digital Press T-shirt, and a game for the modern era system of your choice! (The game selected will be at the discretion of the contest runners, though you can tell us what system you would like the game for.)

6. Entries should be e-mailed to gameagain@netzero.net no later than Thursday at midnight (48 hours gang). Drawing will be held Friday at some point and results posted to this thread.

7. DON'T post your trivia questions to this thread! However, if you have questions concerning the contest or entries, post them here and I’ll try to answer them.

That’s about it. All we’re trying to do is round out our Modern Era trivia for “Project X”. We need approximately 100 questions, so go to it!
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats awesome, I will be submitting some later on tonight for you after I finish some stuff I have to do up, great idea though!
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: CONTEST: Come up with questions for 'Project X' and WIN!

Would the Philips CD-i work? That was around the time of the 3DO, and no, I'm not considering any CD-i questions. Maybe one if I could do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure, why not?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Would the Philips CD-i work? That was around the time of the 3DO, and no, I'm not considering any CD-i questions. Maybe one if I could do it.
    I've got a few CD-i questions you can use, Tim.

Q: What's the most disappointingly awful piece of technology the 90's ever had to offer, was made by Phillips and called CD-i?
    A: CD-i.

Q: What "console" (don't know how you want to handle innuendo on these trivia questions) did "game" designers use to practice making better games years later?

Q: What "system" (sorry) actually features terrible games from typically outstanding series, such as Legend of Zelda, Micro Machines, and even Tetris?

Q: What system was Curt Kobain allegedly playing, according to a report by Digital Press, when he committed suicide?

Let me know if you need more.

NOTE: I'm kidding, of course, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a pot shot at a system that really WAS rather disappointing to me. Call it REVENGE!

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress

I've got a few CD-i questions you can use, Tim.

Q: What system was Curt Kobain allegedly playing, according to a report by Digital Press, when he committed suicide?

Let me know if you need more.

NOTE: I'm kidding, of course, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a pot shot at a system that really WAS rather disappointing to me. Call it REVENGE!
    Still dude, a shot like that at Cobain... not cool :shaking head:

But the rest were good

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by RetroYoungen
    Huh? Oh come on. I love Nirvana and I was really sad when he died. It's not a "shot" at Cobain. It's a shot at CD-i!

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroYoungen
    Huh? Oh come on. I love Nirvana and I was really sad when he died. It's not a "shot" at Cobain. It's a shot at CD-i!
    Ok cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the q's gang! I got about 75 of them amongst the entires and can use - er - some of them :P . Anyway, after throwing all of the entries into a hat (1 entry per each question submitted, up to 20 max), I have chosen "THE VIDEOGAME WIZ" as the winner of the prize package. I've already fired an e-mail off to this person, but maybe this message will be seen. Thanks for all the help and look for a Project X announcement in the coming days.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Sweet! Congrats, Jim!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! thank you so very much.I am so so so very honored I won the Project X contest.I am so very grateful to everybody who is putting Project X together and so very honored you chose my Q&A'S for Project X.I cant wait to thank everybody involved with Project X at CGE in person,especially Joe Santulli and Tim Snider (Sniderman).Thanks again and I hope you know how very honored,grateful,and happy I am that I am the very lucky winner.THANKS SO MUCH.Thanks Joe for the congrats.Also I have to thank Video Games,without them I would not have won this awesome contest or be where I am at today,THANK YOU SO MUCH VIDEO GAMES.
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah! So you'll be at CGE Jim? Good deal! We can give you your prizes there, including an autographed copy (his request) of Project X then! Saves me from a lot of mailing too. See ya there!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yesssss!!!! fantastic I cant wait,I love Video Games and the Classic Gaming Expo with all my heart and soul,I would not miss CGE for the world.I cant wait to see everybody there (Joe Santulli,Tim Snider,Etc.) and to thank you in person.That is so Awesome I can pick up my video game goods at the CGE,it is so much easier than going through the mail.Also thanks for being able to get Project X signed for me when at the CGE,that means so much to me.Thanks so much again,and I am very honored I am the lucky winner.YESSSSSS!!!!!!
    I love ALL Video Games with all my heart and soul