Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Colecovision game discovered! (With screenshots)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Oh, I never heard about that before. Do you have any links? Though if it was never dumped, "AtariAge" comes to mind for some reason.
    I think it's mentioned in the DP guide although IIRC there's not much of a description. I talked to someone and they filled me in the details. I guess it was designed to keep kids busy after touring the plant or something like that. I'll look for more info, but I'm sure someone here knows more about it.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Wasn't there something just like this found several years ago, only for a Nuclear Power Plant in Canada? Energy Quizz or something like that? Did it ever get dumped?
    Power Grabber by Sydney is the game that was (supposedly) used at nuclear power plants in Canada. Energy Quizz is another prototype that turned up in Canada (Quebec, I believe).

Neither has been dumped that I know of.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seaquest View Post
    The Cat S.O.S game (Caterpillar scheduled oil sampling game)along with a colecovision was given to every cat dealership in 1983 to support the S.O.S. program.
    Glad to see someone finally found one. Heard about it 10 years ago when I was interviewing an ex-Nuvatec employee.

Quote Originally Posted by PingvinBlueJeans View Post
    While they're certainly not well known, Nuvatec isn't really that obscure. Although they never published any games themselves, they developed numerous titles for Coleco.
    Actually, according to the employee they did more than that. They were sent the original ColecoVision prototype system to do a complete redesign of the system, which became the version that was released. He mentioned it was their people that moved it to the more general purpose computer format and the expansion outlook via the expansion port. He mentioned what the original proof of concept game was on their system as well, and also passed along a bunch of the original assembly sources for the Nuvatec games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) God-Zilla's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dai KaiJu Zilla

Default wow thank you

That is awesome, thank you trying to help preserve this great piece of console gaming history

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

So the game seems to be missing in action?

I remembered this game and decided to do some checks, and it seems that neither here nor on AtariAge has Seaquest come forth to send the game to someone to dump.

Makes me think if this was some sort of cruel hoax. If it was real, I hope another copy surfaces and is dumped. Would be awesome to play this game.

I just hope the game was not sold to one of those "collectors" that have a phobia against dumping (roms that is).
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PingvinBlueJeans View Post
    Power Grabber by Sydney is the game that was (supposedly) used at nuclear power plants in Canada. Energy Quizz is another prototype that turned up in Canada (Quebec, I believe).

Neither has been dumped that I know of.

I confirmed, however we lost track of the guy who found it, and we where not able to dump it in time....so it exist but it's lost "in the wild"
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I'm pretty sure the guy is legit. Atari Agers offered to dump it for him, but he was nervous about shipping it, so that was off. Then someone was going to offer to send him a cart dumper, or another person who lived in a nearby state would maybe have driven over to him. But Seaquest has gone AWOL. This is actually the second time he has. He first posted about this May of last year, then disappeared for 6 months.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For Energy Quizz, refer to page 199 of the DP Guide #7 since the online rarity guide seems offline (cant find the link anymore)...not much from what was already said in this topic
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own the only known Power Grabber.

Can't remember who owns Energy Quizz.. but going by memory I think it was someone that lives in Canada.

Newcoleco may know the answer to that one...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wberdan View Post
    I own the only known Power Grabber.
    I know you have no plans to dump the rom, but how about having the game released in cart and box form in a similar way to coleconut with Fireman. I'm sure CollectorVision or Team Pixelboy would jump at the opportunity to publish this for you. This way you could recoup some of your costs while sharing the game with the CV community?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Daniel Bienvenu (newColeco) is not completely sure about the existence of Energy Quizz as a ColecoVision Cartridge. He has mentioned to me (and posted on AtariAge's CV/ADAM Forum) that THE ITEM in question could actually be a an ADAM program on Digital Data Pack (cassette tape). The issue is becomes muddied by the simple fact of language and how French Canadians sometimes refer to cartridges as cassettes... as far as what Daniel explained.

Here's hoping that it is a real ColecoVision cartridge based gameand one day more info. will be made available. At worst, maybe it's a rom dump that was made using an ADAM Computer and saved on a Digital Data Pack.