Thread: Kung Fu Live PS3

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Default Kung Fu Live PS3

Anybody played it?

It essentially puts you in a Kung-Fu/Street Fighter type game in real time. Very Kinect-y stuff on PS3.

There's a demo on the PSN store, it's VERY FUN, shockingly responsive stuff and the tech that actively calculates out the background is pretty cool stuff.

Also, I'm not sure if this game has the Playstation Eye camera running in some type of HD mode, but it looks MUCH MUCH cleaner than I've seen it in any other PS Eye game.

I don't have Kinect yet (the price is too prohibitive at the moment) but this title absolutely gives me some insight into how full-body motion tech can be applied effectively to an augmented reality game like this.

Seriously, if you have a PS3 and a PS Eye check this stuff out. It's really really fun.

(Yeah, the pro reviews are relatively low ... and it is gimmicky on the surface, but it's still FUN with a capital F and some VERY cool technology implementation.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOw044k5G74
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yet again Sony is pushing cool tech under the radar. Trials of Topoq and Eye of Judgement were two very overlooked gems and this game will likely suffer the same fate as those.

This beats anything on Wii and Kinect as far as motion tracking "fun" goes.

I mean pasting yourself onto a ragdoll ninja in a game and jumping around while your buddies try to kick your butt is the type of stuff people always wanted, now it's here and they ignore it.

Society as a whole has changed dramatically though, but regardless this is some cool stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

I bought it, cool game I just dont have the room to play it. `You need alot of room to play this game in front and on the sides. I would have loved if you could keep or save the your picture when they put you in the comic book screens so you could print them out later.