Thread: Ghost Trick (Nintendo DS)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool Ghost Trick (Nintendo DS)

I've been wanting to get Ghost Trick for a while now. Played the demo a few weeks ago and I really liked what I played - jumping as a spirit from object to object to move them with only four minutes to prevent bad scenarios - it is pretty cool beans. But I'd like to hear from those you have played the full game. How are you enjoying the game, and would you recommend it to others?

Insert Coin (Level 0) calistarwind's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been playing this game almost non-stop since I picked it up on Weds. The story keeps pushing me forward to solve the mystery behind the main character. The four minutes comes into play when someone dies so not everything is timed to only four minutes. There are also additions to your time when you change someones fate. The puzzles are not overly complex but still challenging. Graphically this game has a great style to it and the animations are very well done. Overall I have enjoyed my time playing and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys point and click puzzle solving adventures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I saw this in a Nintendo Power of all things and was very interested in it. Will look for it today.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just picked this up based on the programming team and the reviews...haven't had time to play it yet
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Will be picking this up next month when I actually have money *L*

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, I look forward to appending this game to my crushing backlog once it inevitably drops in price.

(To buy something the week it is released is unthinkable!)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Game informer ripped on it, hard. Not that their opinion matters much, but I'm just putting it out there. They said the story was the main problem, but I think the game looks pretty interesting. Ill probably pick it up soon.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

This will be on my list of games to eventually get, I still have other DS games to get before this. It does look interesting.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got it today, it is absolutely great. If you like the Ace Attorney series you will like this game. It's got the same style humor and the characters are interesting. The Puzzles are really fun. though one thing I don't like is after you take too much time from the 4 minutes before death part the countdown goes pretty fast not giving you nearly as much time as you do for the first minute for the other minutes. It's also made by the same person who made the Ace Attorney Series
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

So, Game Informer can suck it. They give Heavy Rain a 9.5 and this a 6? Retards...

I got the game from Amazon today, and for what it is, it's fantastic. If you like adventure games, this is top-notch! The animation is really impressive! It appears to all be mostly hand-drawn sprites, and it's just phenomenal. The music is great too.

This game is going to be painfully overlooked. Snatcher was, too, and now it fetches $200 on eBay. If you're at all interested in this game, snag it while you can.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I hadn't heard of this game until this thread and decided to pick it up. Apparantly I got the only copy GS had of the game and I haven't seen it anywhere else so lucky me. I really enjoy it so foar and I have to agree the animation is top notch. Is this really similar to the Ace Attorney series? Reaon I ask is because alot of the dialog is pretty funny and I'd love to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    So, Game Informer can suck it. They give Heavy Rain a 9.5 and this a 6? Retards...

This game is going to be painfully overlooked. Snatcher was, too, and now it fetches $200 on eBay. If you're at all interested in this game, snag it while you can.
    I know a lot of people buying this one actually....& I doubt it had a print run ANYTHING like Snatcher's.....

Also....what does Heavy Rain have to do with Ghost Trick AT ALL???? HR was a great game....deserved a 9.5 IMO, but it's not even a tiny bit similar to Ghost Trick.

Odd that they gave it a 6 though.....
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    I know a lot of people buying this one actually....& I doubt it had a print run ANYTHING like Snatcher's.....

Also....what does Heavy Rain have to do with Ghost Trick AT ALL???? HR was a great game....deserved a 9.5 IMO, but it's not even a tiny bit similar to Ghost Trick.

Odd that they gave it a 6 though.....
    They're both cinematic adventure games that are very light on actual gameplay and very limited replayability. They may look different but I think they both spawn from the 80s adventure game/digital comic genre, just presented in slightly forms.

my personal opinion is that Heavy Rain only received such high scores (and more mainstream acceptance) compared to some of the other adventure games released over the past couple of years is because of the violence, sex and (admittedly impressive) facial modeling. I really don't think it has much more going on gameplay-wise than Ghost Trick.

And while I'm sure it's not horrendously obscure, Ghost Trick is not exactly flooding the shelves. Best Buy doesn't even carry it (yet they have carried every Shin Megami Tensei game in the past 5 years). No local stores had it around Pasadena, so I had to order it from Amazon. That was just my experience, so thats why I posted that.
    Last edited by Graham Mitchell; 02-01-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Just a heads up to iOS owners.

It's on the App Store ("universal" app for iPhone/Touch and iPad).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghost...489113377?mt=8

The first two chapters are free, the whole game costs $10.

I hadn't played it before, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

A beautifully animated puzzle affair worthy of the critical praise that it garnered.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"