Now this is a series that is dear to my heart. Whether you've only played one or all three games (or the games where these characters cameo), the Mega Man Legends crew are all distinct and in many ways adorable/awesome.

But the question remains: do you prefer the first Mega Man Legends (PSX/N64/PC) game or the second one (PSX)? Of course there is the smallest camp which prefers The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (PSX). Naturally the nature of this question will also change with the release of the announced but as yet unreleased third main entry. But this question focuses on which of the two main, original entries you prefer.

I personally prefer the original MML. Now all the games have their charm to be true. But for me, the second one took a quaint, small world full of charm and character only to balloon it up to an epic size with a bunch of dorky villains and way too much back-story. The first game was focused and compact, where you could know the entirety of the island if you seeked and sought. The second game had a much bigger budget and you could feel that. But at the same time, where the first game had one island with a huge underground, the second game had lots of islands with comparatively tiny areas to explore. When you add them up they are about the same exploration-wise, but with Kattelox Island being so expansive in the first game, all the islands in the second game feel dinky in scope. Plus while I appreciate the variety introduced to the NPCs in the second game, they felt so varied and distinct that each one felt disconnected from all the other people in the world.