Thread: NGP & 25 games for how much?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NGP & 25 games for how much?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38598

The opening bid seems rather high, let alone the BIN.

Most of thos games you can pick up at a retail shop around here for $15-$30. And for pete's sake, there are 6 more auctions for Pocket Reversi with a BIN of $10.

And its not even a NGPC!!

Am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

I bet this will hit a good price and matbe even the BIN may be used. Thats a nice collection of NEO GEO stuff. I have mine with only 6 Complete games, system, light, battery pack and I paid almost $200 for mine a couple ofyears ago.

I'm interested to see what it ends at. Also remember this is a UK auction so you get alot of European Bidders along with American Bidders.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default .

It's not about how many Pocket Reversi auctions there are ... it's about how many UK PAL Pocket Reversi's there are. And the answer is not a hell of a lot. He is right, one did sell for £400 a while ago ... think about Stadium events. European version is common as muck... but the US version will sell for buckets. A good comparison really, because they're both awful games ...

Personally, I doubt that anyone will go for the BIN, but it will go for a lot of money. If he's got a sensible reserve, he stands to get a pretty good sum from that ...

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait...this auction is for a Neo Geo Pocket and some Neo Geo Pocket Games not an MVS system....

I thought the NGP don't hava a PAL/NTSC system, but even if it did, why wouldn't you just buy and NTSC NGPC for $40-$50 and then the game for $10.00?

I know there is no conversion problem with running import games on a "US" NGP, is there really a problem for running European games?

Just given how common most of those games are, and how easy it is to snag them for brand new, I wouldn't pay more than $500.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

I haven't seen a brand new Neo Geo game for sale here in Wisconsin in years. Even when it was new our Best Buy carried the stuff for 3 weeks and didn't sell hardly anything so the shipped the games to a different store.

I could be wrong, but I never see NGP stuff at all and if I do its usually $20 for a cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    Wait...this auction is for a Neo Geo Pocket and some Neo Geo Pocket Games not an MVS system....

I thought the NGP don't hava a PAL/NTSC system, but even if it did, why wouldn't you just buy and NTSC NGPC for $40-$50 and then the game for $10.00?

I know there is no conversion problem with running import games on a "US" NGP, is there really a problem for running European games?

Just given how common most of those games are, and how easy it is to snag them for brand new, I wouldn't pay more than $500.
    This is true, but it's still a similar circumstance to what Vroomfunkel said. Sure, they might be common in another country but the Euro versions of some games are rarer, and if you are paying that much for a NGP(C), then assume that the buyer isn't looking to play it, he's looking to collect it. Besides, I'd rather have more plastic cases for the NGP(C) games than the majority of the games released here in the US in paper boxes.

Stadium Events is probably the best example, but it's already been cited.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

He did have more before... but some people (including myself) took a few items off him recently. Clam shells are cool, plus some UK games didn't come out in the US of course. It's not worth the BIN, probably the £750 mark though...