Thread: Buying the expensive lots.... a better idea in the long run?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Buying the expensive lots.... a better idea in the long run?

I've been messing around on Ebay for a couple of months now, and I've been trying to find the cheapest, best deals out there. I'm into a mode of collecting games and systems from the old schools, systems that I sold long ago.

To try to recapture them all, I've been trying to find the cheapest combination of shipping and winning bid prices to get them as low as possible.

The only thing is, that I'm getting them with maybe one or two games, and few accessories.

On the other end of the spectrum, there are auctions that are incredibly expensive, but they come with tons and tons of games and all the accessories.

I'm starting to think that in the long run, I"m better off paying $150.00 or $200.00 on a huge lot of games and accessories to go with the system, then trying to squeaze a system for 35 bucks delivered, and then having to pay 8 or 9 bucks per game, over and over. And 8 or 9 bucks for the accessories.

While the $150.00 or $200.00 price might seem outrageous, to get all those games and accessories individually, would cost a whole heckuva lot more. Of course this only works if there are a large number of games in the lot that you actually want. How many times have you seen Genesis lots that have 45 games, but all of them are old sports games and 5 copies of Sonic 2? So you also have to take that into consideration.

But if you are buying a Atari Jaguar for 40 bucks, with the thought of getting the CD drive for the Jag at some point, it might be better just to get the combo unit for a huge amount, with a ton of games, all in one shot. Then to pay 40 bucks for the jag, 90 bucks for the CD drive and 10 bucks a pop or so, for the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

I bought 562 NES games in 1 lot a couple of years ago. Got some real nice stuff. Combined it with the 400 NES games I already had and have a decent collection going.

My advice, save up the cash, buy a big lot from a reputable dealer and trade/sell off the extras.

thats my 2 cents of advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave2236
    I bought 562 NES games in 1 lot a couple of years ago. Got some real nice stuff. Combined it with the 400 NES games I already had and have a decent collection going.

My advice, save up the cash, buy a big lot from a reputable dealer and trade/sell off the extras.

thats my 2 cents of advice
    I second this. While I didn't spend alot on these lots, I purchased a TG16 setup with 18 complete hucards for $35, then another TG16 setup with 10 games for $35. 8 out of the 28 games were doubles, so I took those 8 and one of the systems and sold it for $75. I made out witha free TG16, 20 games, and $5 to boot