Thread: arcade monitor issues. please help

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default arcade monitor issues. please help

I have two arcade machines that I am having the same problem with one is a primal rage it powers up fine I can hear the sound of the game I can coin up and start playing and everything the only problem which is a big one is there is no picture it is playing blind. when I open the back I do not see any neck glow at all and there is nothing on the screen either. I have the same exact problem with my Rush n attack machine sound and buttons and coin up work great but no picture or glow at all the only difference is with the primal rage I can hear the monitor power on. what could be the problem with these I appreciate any help you guys can give me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

First thing first...did you check the fuses? Is it connected propeprly to the PCB? Getting power?
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes on all fronts. the fuses are fine the pcb is snuggly plugged in. I know the primal rage is getting power because I hear the monitor power on. not sure about the rush n attack cause it doesn't seems like the monitor comes on at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Do you know the monitors model number for the monitor? I know for mine I found a helpfull troubleshooting guide online. It was a flowchart that takes you step by step through what's wrong or not to narrow the problem down. I've seen them (or similar things) for other monitors as well.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the primal rage monitor is a Phillips w22x a63afw22x
    and the rush n attack is an RCA 19vltp22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noname707 View Post
    the primal rage monitor is a Phillips w22x a63afw22x
    and the rush n attack is an RCA 19vltp22
    I think those are just the tube. See if there's anything on the chassis. Wells Gardner, etc...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok sorry about that the chassis on the primal rage says neotec nt-2515c and the rush n attack chassis says wells Gardner 19k4906

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I don't have much time to try to find the flowcharts but I did find the manual for the Wells-Gardner that might be of some use to you.

By the way, most people are probably going suggest that you do a cap kit. At the very least you should check for and touch up any cold colder joints.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you for the help. I am pretty good with the wiring of the cabs but I know nothing about monitor repair what is cold colder joints. I know how to de energize the monitors but that's it so far