Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default Things in games that pissed you off

it won't let me post a new thread in classic discussions for some reason so i'm gonna post this here

Topic at hand is
    Things in games that pissed you off

You know something that happens in a game that makes go yell at the tv "WTF?!?!?!?! HOWS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!"

just came across one of those moments

i love love racing games

But as i was playing forza 3
    keep in mind i play on medium difficulty. I play various tracks with same driving style. same car same setup and same car line up and do good.. one easy track i get a car that passes me like i am standing still.
    Technically according to the game's status point my cars better then this car in every aspect lighter.. faster. better handling. but i can't catch up no matter what. so i give up and say f it and restart and just put it on easy which is one setting down. keep in mind same car. same driving style same everything including opponent cars and track.
    i win the race lapping everyone while being 1 minute and 20 seconds ahead of everyone.

how the hell is that even possible.
    sometimes i wish i could have one of the developers sitting next to me explaining why something is the way it is.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

One thing that always bugged me is in Counter-Strike. When you and your opponent are sniping and each pull the trigger at the same time, one person dies. The thing that gets me is that you still hear your gun fire. If you can hear your gun shoot then why doesn't it actually shoot?
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Diminished gun power when playing on 'Veteran' in CoD 3/Waw/BlackOps (fucking Treyarch).

I'm working through CoD:BO now and its stupid how balls on target they are (shooting, hitting and killing you when no one can see anything) and that the same guns they are carrying will kill you in 2 shots, when you have to unload 6-10 rounds into them to drop em.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DT Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    One thing that always bugged me is in Counter-Strike. When you and your opponent are sniping and each pull the trigger at the same time, one person dies. The thing that gets me is that you still hear your gun fire. If you can hear your gun shoot then why doesn't it actually shoot?
    This, with every weapon in Modern Warfare 2 when playing online. Makes me want to cut myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Online play in demon's souls wich breaks down to offen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I've had this happen when I was doing a Pikachu-only challenge run of Pokémon Yellow; when fighting Erika to get the Rainbow Badge. She sent out Vileplume, while my Pikachu stood it's ground and delivered a powerful Mega Punch...and then, screwing the rules, Erika heals Vileplume with a Super Potion in the same turn, right after my attack was delivered.

For those who don't know, using potions and other items is a top-priority move; occurring before any attacks in a turn. I still won the fight anyway, but it was still frustrating to see the game breaking it's own rules in a ditch effort to crush my all-powerful Pikachu.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Video games in general.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Video games in general.
    Raging controller thrower?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first time I played the Star Destroyer part of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I wanted to throw that game out the window. The second time I played thru it I learned my lesson: DO NOT FOLLOW THE ONSCREEN PROMPTS. The developers said that was a bug that never got fixed. Um...thanks guys
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Raging controller thrower?
    No. I just hate everything.

In all seriousness though, I'm about to make a thread on how almost every game this gen sucks unless it's on handheld. The three last games that I've played that I haven't played before and either fairly well received or very well received by the audience has sucked balls. I wasn't too interested in God of War 3 to begin with but thought I'd give it a chance, and then Mobile Suit Gundam War Record 0081 and Resonance of Fate which looked pretty good turn out to be complete garbage.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. This has been my thought process many times: "I really want to play through OoT again. That means I have to play through the Water Temple. Maybe I'll play through it later"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post
    I've had this happen when I was doing a Pikachu-only challenge run of Pokémon Yellow; when fighting Erika to get the Rainbow Badge. She sent out Vileplume, while my Pikachu stood it's ground and delivered a powerful Mega Punch...and then, screwing the rules, Erika heals Vileplume with a Super Potion in the same turn, right after my attack was delivered.

For those who don't know, using potions and other items is a top-priority move; occurring before any attacks in a turn. I still won the fight anyway, but it was still frustrating to see the game breaking it's own rules in a ditch effort to crush my all-powerful Pikachu.
    That reminds me! I hate it in the Pokemon games that the Gym leaders/E4 will always and only heal their pokemon when it gets down to red health. And of course they have infinite items.

Meaning that you have to beat them down to orange or higher if you don't want the battle to drag on forever. This can actually be quite tricky as by the time you reach the E4 you'll have multiple high power moves.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what grinds my gears? (Yeah, been watching Family Guy DVDs...) How the three new consoles are really cool, in their own way, but also really lame generally.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

JUMPING PUZZLES. Seriously. Wtf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

NFL Blitz, No matter what, almost every pass was intercepted. I broke one of my favorite controllers on the tv over that game.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Malon_Forever View Post
    Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. This has been my thought process many times: "I really want to play through OoT again. That means I have to play through the Water Temple. Maybe I'll play through it later"
    the temple i hate the most in that is the forest temple.

The music to me gets so annoying so fast it gives me headaches but i am too stupid to mute it lol so i guess its my fault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Malon_Forever View Post
    The water temple is bearable if you can exactly memorize the optimum route. Sadly I've long forgotten this. At least the 3DS is supposed to do away with the annoying iron boots switching business.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post

This is a known bug in most of the early games. Mostly, it's the computer deciding that it's going to use an item before it's turn comes up and the game just keeps going like it's the computers turn when it's not yet. In a perfect world, this would mean it used it's turn and you now attacks, but that changes the order of the battle. I remember reading someones theory that the bug still exists, but we don't notice it due to the priority placed on a given Pokemon's speed, which would correct any discrepancies in the attack order.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamperon View Post
    That reminds me! I hate it in the Pokemon games that the Gym leaders/E4 will always and only heal their pokemon when it gets down to red health. And of course they have infinite items.

Meaning that you have to beat them down to orange or higher if you don't want the battle to drag on forever. This can actually be quite tricky as by the time you reach the E4 you'll have multiple high power moves.
    That's because the point of the game isn't to have epic edge of your seats battles like in the anime. You're supposed to figure out what will give you the advantage, level up and win.

Always disliked mini-games. Goddamn Final Fantasy X-2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    JUMPING PUZZLES. Seriously. Wtf.
    Stay far far away from Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes. It might have been an average ok game if not for the insane platform jumping they expect you to do in order to get to new levels(which may be below or above you). I told all of my friends not to play that game unless they either have A) a death wish or B) a "falling to their death" fetish.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.