Thread: Castlvania HD: Retro characters/stages

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Castlvania HD: Retro characters/stages

Anyone else purchased the Chapter 10 stage/Simon character? The Chapter 10 stage is essentially the whole Castlevania 1 game. I thought it was really well made, but unfortunately most online players will glitch to get through most of the stage, rather than playing through it like normal. Simon does have a double jump/Slide, but controls/looks like how he did in the original game. The next retro stage/character is from a japanese game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLrQ9klsZW0

and here is Chapter 10 with Simon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMQcG...eature=related

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

A friend of mine linked me to a video of it yesterday. While I thought it was amazing at first, I would much rather play the original Castlevania.

-Enemies take off almost no damage(on normal.)
    -The character jumps as high, double jumps, slides, and does a downward jump kick like that one Harmony of Dissonance hack Simon.
    -While most stages are similar, there are a lot of differences, and way too many meat spots that aren't in the original.
    -Sub weapons don't replicate the ones that the original game does on enemies, such as the cross hitting axe armor characters only one time and being blocked by their shield from going the rest of the way across the screen.
    -The music is Vampire Killer throughout the entire stage except when changing through Dracula.

I think a lot of this stuff could have been resolved if they wanted to put a little bit more work into it, especially the music. Before I even heard the music changed at the final boss that they could have easily changed the music when passing through the thresh hold of the next stage. That alone would make the DLC better. While it'd be cool to have for being kind of neat that they added it, I'd rather play the original CV.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

I've been playing the hell out of this new level because I love it even though R. The Count has been kicking my ass all over the place on hard. I already have all of the R. spells mastered for Charlotte since they all rock in their own right. I have one of the Custos glyphs for Shanoa and I'm working on the rest of the items from the abysmal drop pool.

If anyone wants to play that level, or any level, without glitching (unless you consider BDC casting glitching) please add me. I am ALWAYS up for a run when you can find me on.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a video showing the new DLC stage/character in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UEJ2gMWIc