Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2011 Finds

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default February 2011 Finds

Here at Ice Station Zebra, the mail got delivered and I snuck in a trip to Goodwill before snowmageddon shut down the state…

Found another Tron Legacy item…a deluxe identity disc, with lights, sound, and a display stand for $4.99…it’s begging to be paired up with my 2600 Tron Joystick.

And then the SMS Sonic I got from England through Ebay showed up…in nice shape and complete (except for the sticker!) Finally decided to pay a few pounds instead of a few hundred for one with the US UPC.

Now I think I need to go shovel the driveway…can’t believe the February thread hasn’t started yet…is everyone else already snowed in?

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Nice find on the deluxe identity disc. While some of the TRON: Legacy toys were pretty lackluster there were some shining examples of a quality product, that being one of them.

Craigslist pickup this time, a PS1 Blaze Twin Joystick / Twin Shock in box for $30.00.

I've always loved this stick, it's like you cut off the control panel of a Sega Astro City cabinet. While the fighting game enthusiast will complain about the buttons and the sticks, for normal usage and standard arcade games it's pretty nice. My PS Family to USB converter doesn't like this stick so I can't use it for MAME just yet but I've run into other controllers that the converter didn't like either, so I'll have to try another one. Thin profile (which makes it difficult to mod if that's your thing), metal base, cool design. There were black and silver versions as well that are more common. The green / pink layout was mainly used for the Dreamcast version but both versions use the same mold.

Only thing about this item was how I felt like I wasn't going to get it. I responded to the craigslist posting after it was already a few days old. I usually reply very detailed with location radius where it's cool to make the payment, that I have the cash in hand, etc. I got no response so I contacted the poster from a different e-mail address and made the direct request, something like "I want this, I have the money, where do you want to meet?" And THAT one got the response. I then got a call from the seller on the day we were supposed to meet up, setting up the sale for the NEXT day. Then when the next day came I ended up hanging out in front of the Brokaw Fry's until I saw a guy walking up with the stick. I paid and got it and then he went inside the store.

Also, the original DVD release of TRON. This was free, a recovery from someone my girlfriend gave it to who didn't ever watch it or care to have it. I've had the two disc version since it was released but it's nice to have this one back as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Craigslist pickup this time, a PS1 Blaze Twin Joystick / Twin Shock in box for $30.00.

I've always loved this stick, it's like you cut off the control panel of a Sega Astro City cabinet. While the fighting game enthusiast will complain about the buttons and the sticks, for normal usage and standard arcade games it's pretty nice. My PS Family to USB converter doesn't like this stick so I can't use it for MAME just yet but I've run into other controllers that the converter didn't like either, so I'll have to try another one. Thin profile (which makes it difficult to mod if that's your thing), metal base, cool design. There were black and silver versions as well that are more common. The green / pink layout was mainly used for the Dreamcast version but both versions use the same mold.
    I have the limited black edition of that stick, although the picture on the box is for the silver one. It's a nice stick and my preferred setup for playing Guilty Gear on my PS1. And a few months ago I sold my extra one on ebay for $50.

Super Mario Bros. 3(Nes)
    Super C(Nes)
    Double Dragon(Nes)
    Double Dragon 2(Nes)
    Final Fantasy 3(Snes)
    Mario Is Missing(Snes)
    Contra 3(Snes)
    TMNT: Turtles In Time(Snes)
    Donkey Kong Country 3(Snes)
    WCW Vs. NWO: World Tour(N64)

The total for the above games was $10 or $1 each at Goodwill. They probably would have been more but I went to the cashier that knows me and knows how I like scooping up old games. I left a bunch of stuff there that I either already have doubles of or that wasn't in much demand. But I was actually in need of a copy of both Contra 3 and WCW Vs. NWO: WT so I'm glad those were there. Guess my lucky streak for finding stuff at Goodwill this year will continue.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't have pics yet, but at a local used game store I picked up Fallout 3 for $9.99 and Mega Man 6 loose for $12.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

Complete Atari 7800 with 6 paddles and 19 games $50

At a thrift store near my house. Some old guy says to me "you win some ya lose some, good luck to you" i think the local resellers must be beginning to recognize me!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I got this for free(store closing)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, this week's finds...

Monday -- The Diaboliks: Danger and The Cheebacabra: Metamorphosis were $3 for the pair.
    Tuesday -- 00-Soul: The Solid Sounds of the 8-piece BROTHERHOOD - $1

Once again I decided to pick up random albums for no real reason and was very surprised by their content. The Diaboliks is (or was) this weird rock... thing that kinda sounds like The B-52s, only without so much screaming. It's not a bad thing. Metamorphosis is a strange electronic / jazz / funk fusion band and I am VERY impressed by it, so much in fact that I'm going to see if I can buy their second album.

And 00-Soul is hard to explain. It's funk, jazz, mambo, blues, samba, and latin rhythms all in one shot. It's one of the best random purchases I've ever made.

Wednesday:

Speed (Score) - $1
    Classic Blues - $1
    A Brief History of the Blues (new) - $1
    Hightone Records: The First 10 Years - $1
    Big Sandy and the Fly-Rite Trio: Fly Right With... - $1
    Office Student + Teacher 2003 - $2

$1 each. I picked up Ghosts because it has Christopher Lee in it, Amazon Guardians of Eden because it was made by the Tex Murphy guys, Dune because it's uh, Dune. Rallo Gump is a bit of an oddity, it's actually a CD-R with printed out front and back inlays. The game looks like a typical early PC platformer so I figured a buck wasn't so bad.

Office Professional 2003 Upgrade (water damage to case) - $2
    NES games - $5 total
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Don't have pics yet, but at a local used game store I picked up Fallout 3 for $9.99 and Mega Man 6 loose for $12.
    Fallout 3 was the best $10 I ever spent on a single game.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default a light drizzle on a parched landscape

I can't even remember the last time I got something off Craigslist. Tonight I picked up two lots.

The second was this Gamecube w/ 3 games and SNES w/ SMW for $40. Nothing spectacular, but there was no picture so I didn't know it was the SNES mini till I picked it up. Also, always nice when stuff comes in a good container!

And the first was this NES lot that I was surprised to get. I didn't hear anything back after emailing for a couple days, then he suggested a time the next day which was great, but I never got an address or heard back. The next day he apologized and we set up for today. This was his ad, no pictures:
    "i have 2 systems
    about 30 games
    4 controllers
    one gun
    1 system cleaner and eliminator "
    Not a lot to go on, but assuming it hadn't been picked over, probably a nice lot.

There's an Atari 2600 ac adapter there, too.

Wizardry, Golgo, Ultima Quest & Exodus, Shingen, FF, Time Lord, Qbert, Immortal, Romance
    Tecmo Super Bowl, Wizards & Warriors, Tetris, TMNT, SMB/DH, DK Classics, SMB3, Friday 13thh, PacMan, DDIII, Golf, Tetris, DK Classics, SMBDH
    Some good games there.

And there were some boxes/maps/manuals! Pretty beat up, but a bunch of stuff I didn't have. Both maps for FF, Map and boxfor Genghis kahn (and game is in the box), etc etc.

Last was this map for Miracle Warriors on SMS, which I've long needed to make my copy complete!

somebody played the crap out of this stuff, too, which I like to see. Mint stuff is awesome, but there is something cool about seeing little hand-written symbols next to a weapon list or somesuch on a map, even if I don't know what their symbols mean.

Oh, and this NES lot was $25.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xbox Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition-$6.99 at Goodwill
    PS1 Point Blank 3-$1.95 at a hole in the wall thrift
    PS1 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 demo-$2.99 at Goodwill
    Saturn Greatest Nine 98 Summer Action-$2.00 at a different hole in the wall thrift

U2 Artificial Horizon CD-$1.99 at Goodwill, an interesting place to find a recent fan-club only remix CD.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

120 GB 360 with all the cables and one controller $25 (it wasn't working, not RROD but it wouldn't read CDs wound up only needing the lens cleaned)

Kinect was $150 with 60% off so $60 per there where a few more I didn't get but I think I'll pick them up tomorrow.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

some freaking sweet hauls so far!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I scooped a couple minor things yesterday:

Got the GunCon2 for $1.99 - don't own any GunCon games so I haven't tested it yet.
    Scooped the 3 SNES games for $2 - I traded in a SNES pad for a discount. It was nice to get a copy of KI and DKC2 for such a low price but I think HyperZone caught my eye. I've never heard of it before but having an interesting label and the fact it's by HAL were enough to seal the deal. Turns out to be a spin on Space Harrier mixed with F-Zero and it's mode-7 engine, which incidently works out not bad.
    Last edited by fahlim003; 02-03-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Insert Coin (Level 0) tentencanidae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    jeremycomitas

Point Blank 3. On first glance it looked like the dude on the left was bent over, and the dude on the right was... well... cannot be unseen.

Wishful thinking I suppose.
    TenTenCanidae
    Collects NES games & RPG's for all systems.
    www.myspace.com/peeweesbike
    www.myspace.com/bayonetdoesntcare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, today was PC bigbox bonanza for me
    I've posted the complete haul with pictures and a list of the stuff here, but for now I'll just leave you with this picture...

Denmark: Home of The Little Mermaid and heavy sarcasm.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Nice PC haul! Is that planescape box faded, or just a different version than I've seen before?

Yesterday and today:

Sim Earth - .99 at Goodwill
    Alice - 2.99 at Goodwill
    Gradius III
    Alice
    SS2
    Shadowbane
    Works (this turns out to be worthless, so if anyone wants it, it is yours for cost of shipping)
    - total 10.89 because it is 25% off day at Unique

2010 Club Nintendo Calendar - Free off CL!
    Last edited by Cornelius; 02-04-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Nice PC haul! Is that planescape box faded, or just a different version than I've seen before?

Yesterday and today:
    I totally read that "Sim Earth" box as Sim Faith and thought I was a god-game I'd never heard of before

But yes, unfortunately the Planescape box is faded and so is the Blood II box, which were the two games I really wanted
    Denmark: Home of The Little Mermaid and heavy sarcasm.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybum View Post
    I totally read that "Sim Earth" box as Sim Faith and thought I was a god-game I'd never heard of before

But yes, unfortunately the Planescape box is faded and so is the Blood II box, which were the two games I really wanted
    Sell them on eBay, get the GOG.com versions. :P

Edit: WOW, you got One Unit Whole Blood? You might get a good chunk of cash for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

N64:
    V-Rally Edition '99
    Purchased yesterday for $2.50.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Forgot to post this in January:

Thrift store find - disc-only Suikoden for PS1, $0.25

Not bad for a quarter! I was always interested in playing this. Might trade it later though. Any idea what a disc-only copy might go for?