Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Forgot to post this in January:

Thrift store find - disc-only Suikoden for PS1, $0.25

Not bad for a quarter! I was always interested in playing this. Might trade it later though. Any idea what a disc-only copy might go for?
    Nice find for 25 cents! You might get it for $10 or more.

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I didn't get anything yesterday. I actually skipped going to the flea market because the line to cross was insanely long, probably because of the severe freeze warning we've had these past two days. (Freeze warnings mean that farm workers go to work much later than normal... so they hold up the line to cross for way too long.) A seller friend of mine told me he spent TWO HOURS waiting to cross. I just went back home instead. :P

Today was okay.

Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 (NFR) with Outlook 2002 and Frontpage 2000 - $10
    DVD: Manhunter 2-disc Limited Edition - $4
    CD: Virgin Voices: A Tribute To Madonna Volume One (Cleopatra Records) - $1

Small Business Server 2000 is a Not For Resale version. But it only says that on the box... I'm parting out all three components since the package on a whole doesn't usually sell for more than $30.

Manhunter is something I've been wanting to get for years. I have the single DVD version of this. It's in okay shape but the case art has some moisture damage... and the booklet is missing. I probably overpaid but it's good trade fodder.

The CD. Well. What can I say about that. I'm familiar with Cleopatra's tributes so...
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 02-05-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Garage sales are still non-existent in my area (The snowstorm that rolled through yesterday didn't help things much, especially with getting to work), but I did get, among other things, some stuff for the Master System I was given last week (Which works very well after cleaning it up).

- Sega Genesis (Model 1) \ Master System AV cables (New): $2
    - Sega Master System controller (Loose in good condition): $5
    - Phantasy Star (Master System. Complete in box in near mint condition): $30
    - Doom 64 (N64. Loose in good condition): $6

After getting that Master System working, I proceeded to go onto Amazon and get myself a set of AV cables for it (Because RF looks terrible on my HDTV) as well as finally getting myself a copy of Phantasy Star (The main game I wanted for the system, but could never find within my price range when I had my last SMS; circa 2005). I'm still waiting on my AV cables, but Phantasy Star just arrived today; which looks barely played, although the previous owner was much further into the game than I got on the GBA compilation.

As for the other two things I bought, those came from Game-X-Change. I couldn't figure out where my Master System controller went (I knew I hung onto one of the two controllers I had after selling my previous system, but I can't remember where I put it), but I happened to find one buried in their bin of Genesis controllers. Doom 64 was a spur-of-the-moment thing; I had been wanting to play some Doom recently, but I don't have my 360 anymore, so playing the XBLA version I bought is out of the question; thus leading to me buying the N64 sequel (Which is really hard to see; I wish they had included a flashlight or something...then again, knowing this space marine, he'd probably put away his gun when using the flashlight).

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

didn't buy a damn thing all weekend
    but... i did find a sensor for the NES Power glove for 2 dollars looked in good shape. didn't buy it cause i don't know much about these things
    i didn't know whether i should buy it and see if i can find a power glove missing its sensor or if these have to be matched with the gloves they came with or what.
    anyone wanna clue me on this? Kinda boggled me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    didn't buy a damn thing all weekend
    but... i did find a sensor for the NES Power glove for 2 dollars looked in good shape. didn't buy it cause i don't know much about these things
    i didn't know whether i should buy it and see if i can find a power glove missing its sensor or if these have to be matched with the gloves they came with or what.
    anyone wanna clue me on this? Kinda boggled me
    I'm pretty sure they do not have to be partnered together to work. I could test this out for you if I had my power gloves with me, but alas I do not have them at my current location.

I haven't looked at Power Glove prices in ages, but I do believe it is harder to find the sensor by itself than the glove by itself so yes, you could have just looked for the glove only.

Of course you aren't really missing much besides the collector's value.
    I have a sig?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Free from the Sony rep. System/controller/monitor removed but otherwise intact and fully functioning. Zero idea of what to do with it but otherwise it was going into the trash.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    Free from the Sony rep. System/controller/monitor removed but otherwise intact and fully functioning. Zero idea of what to do with it but otherwise it was going into the trash.

game store i know in salem mass has a N64 display they either kept or gotten from another store and still uses it to this day with a N64 its pretty cool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

I posted too soon last time!

Dollarama: Shadow of Destiny PC, sealed, $2. This sounded like a great deal though I gather I pretty much paid going price after checking Amazon. I've been wanting to play this for awhile so I'm happy.

Thrift store: The Humans DOS, disc only, $4. I overpaid, but I was happy to - it was from the charity shop for the local no-kill shelter, who are in bad financial shape. I was dropping off a bunch of donations when I bought this. I'm glad to support them.

That said, I'm having trouble running it in DOSBox. The installer acts weird, doesn't install the game to the hard drive, and then freezes DOSBox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

After nearly a year since dealing with my favorite vendor last, I headed out to the SJ Flea Market to attempt to find him again. See, the row of sheds that he was located at were torn out awhile back and I had no idea where he moved to. With miles of rows to cover, finding him by blind luck wasn't really an option. He also sells at another small Tuesday flea market that my Uncle goes to (and I used to frequent) so he was able to get the seller's new location. And incredibly, the location was correct.

I never part and price with him, I basically take what I want unless he's offering crazy cheap sales and have him total it up at the end. He always gives me a better price than most but honestly his prices have doubled over what I used to pay - but it's still about half of what everyone else pays so it's no big deal. The games below ended up totaling $45.00.

SMS - After Burner (complete)
    SMS - California Games (complete)
    SMS - Cyborg Hunter (no booklet)
    SMS - Aztec Adventure (loose)
    SMS - Cloud Master (loose)
    SMS - Joe Montana Football (loose)
    SMS - Miracle Warriors (loose)
    SMS - Rampage (loose)
    SMS - Thunder Blade (loose)
    GEN - Klax (loose)
    GEN - Sword of Vermilion (loose)
    GEN - Tiny Toon Adventures Buster's Hidden Treasure (loose)
    SNES - Super The Empire Strikes Back (loose)
    SNES - Super Return of the Jedi (loose)
    N64 - Pilotwings 64 (loose)
    NES - Karnov (loose)
    PS1 - Extreme Pinball (complete)
    GBA - Activision Anthology (loose)

The copy of Buster's Hidden Treasure doesn't seem to want to work but I have yet to disassemble it and give it a hard cleaning. Why is it every copy of Super The Empire Strikes Back I ever come across is beat to shit? Turns out that I already had a couple of the SMS games so I'll offer those up to my brother for half what I paid. I was pretty psyched about finding a copy of Activision Anthology for the GBA and Pilotwings 64 as well.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 02-05-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    After nearly a year of dealing with my favorite vendor last, I headed out to the SJ Flea Market to attempt to find him again. See, the row of sheds that he was located at were torn out awhile back and I had no idea where he moved to. With miles of rows to cover, finding him by blind luck wasn't really an option. He also sells at another small Tuesday flea market that my Uncle goes to (and I used to frequent) so he was able to get the seller's new location. And incredibly, the location was correct.

I never part and price with him, I basically take what I want unless he's offering crazy cheap sales and have him total it up at the end. He always gives me a better price than most but honestly his prices have doubled over what I used to pay - but it's still about half of what everyone else pays so it's no big deal. The games below ended up totaling $45.00.

SMS - After Burner (complete)
    SMS - California Games (complete)
    SMS - Cyborg Hunter (no booklet)
    SMS - Aztec Adventure (loose)
    SMS - Cloud Master (loose)
    SMS - Joe Montana Football (loose)
    SMS - Miracle Warriors (loose)
    SMS - Rampage (loose)
    SMS - Thunder Blade (loose)
    GEN - Klax (loose)
    GEN - Sword of Vermilion (loose)
    GEN - Tiny Toon Adventures Buster's Hidden Treasure (loose)
    SNES - Super The Empire Strikes Back (loose)
    SNES - Super Return of the Jedi (loose)
    N64 - Pilotwings 64 (loose)
    NES - Karnov (loose)
    PS1 - Extreme Pinball (complete)
    GBA - Activision Anthology (loose)

The copy of Buster's Hidden Treasure doesn't seem to want to work but I have yet to disassemble it and give it a hard cleaning. Why is it every copy of Super The Empire Strikes Back I ever come across is beat to shit? Turns out that I already had a couple of the SMS games so I'll offer those up to my brother for half what I paid. I was pretty psyched about finding a copy of Activision Anthology for the GBA and Pilotwings 64 as well.
    i'm jealous of the cyborg hunter, been trying to find a boxed copy in the wild for years, great deal :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    i'm jealous of the cyborg hunter, been trying to find a boxed copy in the wild for years, great deal :-)
    He actually has another one as well but the case insert isn't as nice, it has some moisture damage. The booklet for each of them was a single stiff sheet from moisture damage but the carts are pristine and the case I took is in nice shape. It's kinda sad, he had a lot of really nice stuff get damaged in his old location due to weathering. A big box of sealed NES games I bought out of a few years ago is a prime example, some rare stuff in there that had been rotted to dust.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    He actually has another one as well but the case insert isn't as nice, it has some moisture damage. The booklet for each of them was a single stiff sheet from moisture damage but the carts are pristine and the case I took is in nice shape. It's kinda sad, he had a lot of really nice stuff get damaged in his old location due to weathering. A big box of sealed NES games I bought out of a few years ago is a prime example, some rare stuff in there that had been rotted to dust.
    I think you traded/sold me a couple of those games that survived ,its always sad to see stuff ruined by the weather like that, as long as we can save what we can I guess :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Dollarama: Shadow of Destiny PC, sealed, $2. This sounded like a great deal though I gather I pretty much paid going price after checking Amazon. I've been wanting to play this for awhile so I'm happy.
    Would you do me a favor? Could you see if that thing includes a manual? I have that same game, boxed, but it doesn't have a manual. I'm trying to figure out if it's missing or if Konami was just cheap like that.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Would you do me a favor? Could you see if that thing includes a manual? I have that same game, boxed, but it doesn't have a manual. I'm trying to figure out if it's missing or if Konami was just cheap like that.
    There's a card? No manual, just a 2-sided colour quick reference sheet. The jewel case doesn't even have any artwork - it's a plain jewel case with a CD and nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Thanks, my copy is just like that. Buncha cheap bastards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

No kidding. I thought the box was light when I got it.

BTW: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=16712 - Don't know if you saw this, but apparently the resolution can be customized more than the anemic 640x480/800x600 choice it gives you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

No kidding. I thought the box was light when I got it.

BTW: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=16712 - Don't know if you saw this, but apparently the resolution can be customized more than the anemic 640x480/800x600 choice it gives you.
    Interesting. I'll give it a shot once I get a video card that can run games from 2003 and onwards. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Up-resing an average 2002 game will be too much, you think? :b

Did you have a better gaming machine before? My boyfriend was looking over my shoulder and said he thought he'd seen a Kitsune Sniper on TF2 once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Up-resing an average 2002 game will be too much, you think? :b

Did you have a better gaming machine before? My boyfriend was looking over my shoulder and said he thought he'd seen a Kitsune Sniper on TF2 once.
    Yes and no. My video card (a GeForce 8800 GT) fried itself last summer, and I STILL haven't been able to save up money to buy a new one. I'm using a crappy GeForce 6400 GS. It runs games, but most run really badly. I'm running TF2 with almost all the graphics options turned off. On the other hand, Deus Ex runs like a dream.

As for him seeing me, that's weird. I don't use this name on TF2 / Steam... I used it maybe two or three years ago. I go by "Foxhack" now. Eh.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 02-05-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No pics since I only got a download code for Kinect Adventures and another rare PS1 demo.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.