Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2011 Finds

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Picked up a Saturn joystick at GW yesterday for 2.99. First gaming find in what seems like 2 months.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    That controller is just a cheap Chinese controller. There is no name because it's that bad. Nothing released here in the states would be that close to the real thing.
    So what did they do take a controller apart till they got to the shell made a mold out of the shell stamped duplicates and made them like the real thing but with cheap stuff inside? Oh you chinese are a tricky bunch haha

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

so i don't keep posting threads individually asking your opinions

i'll put them here

I haven't bought this so keep that in mind

with that in mind

what you guys think on this?

i have never heard of these things. Looks like one of the many home pong style consoles that came out through the 70s and really early 80s
    This seems to play multiple games that use the dials that you'd flip through via a series of buttons i am guessing :shrug:
    the box looks a lil sad but still has all its images and color
    but the console looks great.
    they want 20 bucks. what do you think?

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally found a few finds yesterday. Hit up the only Play N Trade in town hoping they had some decent DS or PSP games but I walked out empty-handed.

At a Gamestop by my work I found Lux-Pain complete with cardboard sleeve and artbook for $8. Went down the road into the mall and perused the local mom n' pop shop. Found McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure and got it for $5 because the manager was an ex co-worker of mine from when I worked at GS.

They also had 3 comic book long boxes filled with empty boxes for various NES, SMS, Genesis, SNES, and N64 games. I asked if I could look through the boxes and he agreed and I ended up getting the following boxes (some with books) for $2.50 each

The Black Bass (NES)
    Final Fight 2 (SNES)
    Aladdin (SNES)
    Mario Party 3 (N64)
    Beetle Adventure Racing (N64)
    Dr. Mario 64 (N64)

They had a few more that I wanted like Mario Golf 64, 1080 Snowboarding, and a few others but they were pretty banged up so I passed on them for now.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post

they want 20 bucks. what do you think?
    Well, $20 isn't high, but it's not real cheap either. The collector in me says go for it, as you may never see another one again - especially with the box and manual. Ebay doesn't show any listed currently or in the completed section, so it's not like they are dirt common anyway. The "dealer" in me says try to haggle them down to $10, but that may not happen. Hey, just skip going to McDonalds three times and you've paid for it!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Well, $20 isn't high, but it's not real cheap either. The collector in my says go for it, as you may never see another one again - especially with the box and manual. The "dealer" in me says try to haggle them down to $10, but that may not happen. Hey, just skip going to McDonalds three times and you've paid for it!
    but i like mc donalds

haha j/k i will see if hes got it next weekend and ask him about it if he still has it (lives a hour and half away from me)

i am working on a craigslist find that i came across locally today hopefully i'll get it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, some of these boxed NES & SNES thrift store & estate sale finds got me in the mood to scour a flea market today. Being in the Northeast, I rarely do this in the winter, what with all the snow and freezing temperatures leading to generally low turn outs, but I'm in an envious mood. Anyway, you never find what you're out to search for, but I did find a couple of good deals.

TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan, Batman, Qbillion, and Bomberman World all came from one seller. He wanted $15 for them but we worked out a deal and I got the games for $10 total. Bomberman looks like it was never played. Bust-A-Move 2 and Theme Park came from a different seller who advertised a 2 for $5 deal. Both are in pretty good shape, although Theme Parks manual is a bit rough and has a tear on the back cover.

No boxed NES or SNES pick ups, but I'm content with today's finds.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I have the video game golden touch this week.

(Or you guys will go "ZOMG BBQ THAT'S UNPLUGGEDCLONE'S FLOOR")

Okey dokie, all this stuff was found at my local flea market this morning. We've had terrible weather for a few weeks and today was beautiful, so lots of people were set up and had lots of stuff. I first spotted these 3DO games (Dragon's Lair, Escape from Monster Manor, and Demolition Man (UGH)) at one of the usual seller's booths. I immediately grabbed them and asked a price. He asked what they were and I explained that they were video games and described what the system looked like. He asked me if it was made by Panasonic and I said yes; he told me another seller bought it and pointed him out. The 3DO games were $1 a piece.

I hopped over to the seller, whose this guy I know that deals in electronics. He thought it was a DVD player and didn't want to sell it. I informed him it was in fact a video game system that does not play DVDs (as far as I know). He told me if that was the case he wanted $30 for it. Let me start by saying in almost 7 years now of hunting video games I have never seen a 3DO in the wild. I countered with 20 and he said 25. I plugged it in and it powered up and the drive worked so I begrudgingly gave that price. It needs a controller but otherwise I tested it on my TV and it works perfectly. Also inside the system was Return Fire: Maps O' Death. It's a Panasonic FZ-1.

Next, I spotted this lonely NES sticking out of a box at a junky booth. I pulled out the cables and games and asked for a price. The guy said $10 which I offered $5 and he outright refused. I dunno, it's a very filthy system. I felt bad leaving it there and felt the need to clean it up and give it a good home. It came with 2 controllers, SMB3, and Adventures in the Magic Kingdom.

At a completely random booth I spotted a box of NES games which I immediately went to. I love looking at NES games and finding new titles for the collection. I first saw and picked up Tom Sawyer, also Lolo. Then I had a mini heart attack when I saw Rescue Rangers 2... Also I picked up Rescue Rangers 1 and Ms. Pac-Man. Ms. Pac-Man is the licensed Namco version, apparently an R6 (didn't know that upon buying.)

The seller said $3 a piece and I couldn't get the $15 out of my pocket fast enough.

(Also pictured is a broken EI-100 I bought for $1, into the "broken digital camera" box it goes)

It has marker on front and is a little dirty but I think it'll clean up nice.

Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

was that at the Treasure Island Flea Market there? I actually like that one, it is definately hit or miss though. I have only been there about 4 or 5 times though.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

God, Ryan, I hate you with a burning passion.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Too lazy (and inadequate compared to what I'm seeing lately) to post pics.

Stuff I've gotten lately:
    SNES Battletank 2 - boxed
    PC KOTOR II - CIB
    MS Works 2005
    all for $9.60 at a SA

5.25" floppy version of Dick Tracy CIB - 1.94 (this has a neat box, so I went for it)
    short story - this chain of thrifts (Unique) used to just toss game carts randomly around their 'shelves of crap'. NES would be something like 1.80 or maybe 2.80, SNES would be up to 5.80, but usually less, loose Gen would be .80. Well, recently they've been bagging them up and hanging them near game controllers and systems and jacking up the prices. Yesterday I saw 2 SMB/DH carts for 9.95 each, and SMW for 14.95. The scary thing, on my second swing through that part of the store I saw a 20-something girl grab SMW and one of the SMB/DH. Not sure if she bought them or not, but she continued on with her shopping with them in hand. Blew my mind.

Genesis 1 rf (these seem harder to find than the actual console)
    NES controller
    Gone with the Wind BetaMax
    - $6.19

SNES w/ 2 controllers, hookups, SMW, DKC, DKC2, Alladdin, Mario All*s - $45 off CL. Paid more than I wanted, but I have 4 or 5 SNES systems and no games to sell them with, so this will help a little with that.

GB Zelda - 2.80
    Sega CD Model 1 with a Model 1 Genesis humping it - 9.95 (no cords)
    Since TL; DR seems to be popular these days... Sega CD broken in many different ways but I fixed it.
    'Nother story: This sega CD had a pretty good rattle in it, which I figured was probably a disc inside. Well, I hook it up at home and get nothing, not really a surprise, and in fact I contend this is what you want for a Model 1 Sega CD. That is, about the best you can hope for is a unit where the fuse blew early on in its life so that it wasn't ever used much.

Anyway, I open it up and find that the ribbon cable isn't attached to the drive unit, and the metal ring thing they put around it is one of the main rattles. This is bad, I figure, because it probably means a failed repair attempt. Worse, though, is that the hinge part of the drive where the laser assembly pivots up into place is busted on one side, and this is another rattle. I puzzled over how to fix this since it was a broken piece of molded plastic. Ended up I drilled a couple tiny holes and use some stiff wire and the hinge is now probably better than it ever was. Polish the ribbon cable connector that had some corrosion on it and put it all back together. Still nothing.

No continuity on the fuse, so I jump that with a bit of wire, and now we are getting somewhere! Powers on, but the drive won't stay closed. Grrrr. The drive mechanism on these things is a major PITA fragile POS, so I futzed with that for a while. One of the times I reassembled it with the laser and a disc in place (oh, I forgot to mention that one of the rattles was indeed a disc: Sol Feace) and it played it great, so I then knew the laser is good. Well the couple I've worked on before had drive gear problems, so I was focusing on that. Eventually I noticed that the drive belt wasn't tight enough to raise the assembly the last little bit and was slipping. I didn't have a small rubber band to use, and wound up cutting down a rubber circle from the neck of a Target pharmacy bottle, and that worked great! Smoothly working system! (though I do need to put in a new fuse still)

I even thought for a day that the Genesis was dead as I was getting a garbled screen when I used the one it came with, but the next day I slapped my forehead and switched the rf channed to 3. Funny how you can forget simple things like that.

Okay, sorry for the wall of text, I'm just proud of myself for rescuing this system that never should have been. At least until someone actually tries to seriously use it, when something else will inevitably break.
    Last edited by Cornelius; 02-13-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    was that at the Treasure Island Flea Market there? I actually like that one, it is definately hit or miss though. I have only been there about 4 or 5 times though.
    You've found anything at all at the Treasure Island flea market? Other than a few PS1 sports games with water damage and scratches on the discs, and some loose Gameboy titles, I've never seen anything worth buying there. I haven't been in a few years, though. The times I've been there they've only been maybe 30% full.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    It's actually called "Treasure City" flea market, here in Waco, TX. It's very hit and miss. Some weeks you'll go there and find not a thing, the next you'll find killer stuff.

Oh yeah Steve that guy STILL has that damn Shogun Warrior and STILL wants $50 for it .
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 02-13-2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    It's actually called "Treasure City" flea market, here in Waco, TX. It's very hit and miss. Some weeks you'll go there and find not a thing, the next you'll find killer stuff.

Oh yeah Steve that guy STILL has that damn Shogun Warrior and STILL wants $50 for it .
    Oh sorry, for some reason I was thinking of Treasure Island in southern Fort Worth. That place is fairly dead now. I've only been to Treasure City once, but it seemed nice. Too bad I don't get the chance to go down to Waco all that often.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got them confused too, Treasure Island in Sout Fort Worth stinks. I know of 2 Killer Video game flea markets in Fort Worth though

Treasure City I have been to about 5 or 6 times, best find for me was a stack of 20 NES games for $1 each and Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Xbox for $5

Nothing like the finds here in Fort Worth: Zelda Test Cart $2.50, INTV Tower of Doom CIB for $1, Vay complete $2, Lunar SSS Sega CD $2 and lots of other decent stuff

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Sunday Flea Market...

SNES System $25.00

SNES Super Mario World $10.00(yep they are high in price for me,I just don't find them)

GBA game(son) $3.00

Game Cases FREE...

Computer cord,FREE
    Sunglasses FREE

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

$2. Before anyone starts to get excited, these do NOT have any games. Well, they do - a disc only copy of a Madden game and Metal Gear Solid 3 - but they're so scratched I'm surprised I can't see through them already. I mostly bought this for the Predator: Concrete Jungle manual and inlay.

Plus Wolverine skewering Tinkerbell.

Batman 4-movie set (worn box, mint discs) - $10
    Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger - $3
    Keiko Matsui: Walls of Akendora - $2

Random CD purchases of the day:
    Chris Isaak / Baja Sessions and San Francisco Days - $1 each

To be honest I have no idea who this guy is, but the Baja Sessions has some Mexico-themed songs so I figured I'd take a chance. Plus, I live in Baja... sorta. So.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I got everything here for roughly $38:

I was debating between the PS2 and Xbox versions of Battlefront, guess I picked the right one. Kudos to some guy here on DP who mentioned a few days ago it was worth something.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    To be honest I have no idea who this guy is, but the Baja Sessions has some Mexico-themed songs so I figured I'd take a chance. Plus, I live in Baja... sorta. So.
    Had a hit with the song "Wicked Game" and the b/w video with Helena Christensen on a beach.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Good day at Goodwill:

Books were $1.70 total. Rogue Squadron II was $3. The Star Wars Trilogy VHS set is sealed, $6. Might sell that on eBay if it's worth anything.

Cassette player was $3.
    Wow, I used to have that same cassette player when I was little. I used that thing until it broke. ;D