Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2011 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found at Target for $24 on clearance, marked down from $99:

I only have a mild interest in the game, but really no time to play it. Besides, I can't bring myself to open up that beautiful package, so I just threw it up on the 'bay to see what happens!
    Last edited by Smashed Brother; 02-14-2011 at 09:49 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, only found one thing today.

It was buried underneath a bunch of crappy PS1 games. The price $4. Considering I sold a somewhat beat up copy of this for $60 recently... Heheheh.

And from AB Positive:

boa - Twilight
    Serial Experiments Lain Original Soundtrack
    Serial Experiments Lain Original Soundtrack - Cyberia Mix
    Mortal Kombat The Album
    Weird Al Yankovic - Poodle Hat
    The Wesley Willis Fiasco
    Hits of the 80s (cover versions)
    Shaquille O'Neal - Shaq Diesel
    Mortal Kombat Annihilation DVD (sealed, crappy snap cover version)

That was what, $10 or so shipped? Plus the $2 charge for getting the box out of my PMB.

I like Serial Experiments Lain. boa is the band that performed the opening song for the series, and I downloaded two of their albums YEARS ago so when I got the chance to buy a copy of this one I jumped at it. MK The Album... well... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH CHINESE NINJA WAAAARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR WITH YOUR HEART SOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

*coughs*

And well, I like Weird Al, Shaq was for the laughs, Wesley Willis is of course Wesley Willis.

I'm horribly amused by the MK DVD's tagline. "Destroy all expectations." It's like they knew the movie was going to suck hard.

Some of these CDs are very scratched (I was warned about that) so I'll probably have to have them polished sometime soon.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 02-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Picked up my copy of Dragon Quest VI today, and saw that the collector's edition of Bioshock 2 had dropped to $30.

I wonder if I can sell/trade off the stuff I don't want from the set, to help pay for what I do want from it. But then it's not a complete set Decisions decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, Play-Asia shipped my copy of Solatorobo today. Also, by purchasing one of P-A's sale items I was automatically entered into a contest. Apparently, one of the prizes is a Nintendo 3DS. I have no idea when they are announcing the winners though.

Oh, and I bought a Sonic the Werehog plush for $15.00 today.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

20 bucks total from the local pawn shop. Pretty happy with it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS1 DiscWorld II-$2.99 at a Salvation Army.
    PS1 disc-only R-Type Delta-$1.99 at a NCJW thrift
    Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair, unopened-$5.98 (2 discs after all) at a separate Salvation Army.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

Found all this stuff at thrift stores, flea markets and pawn shops in and around Little Rock, Arkansas while I was there for a week.

Grand total for this haul is about $40

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

No pics *yet* but I've been clearing out my parent's (well, mom and stepfather) storage building (they're getting a divorce) and I found my collection of old PC games. There's probably 100+ CD's (some with cases) and most of these are pre-2000.

I'll try to get some pics up soon but here are some that stood out:

- Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans with the ultra cool, huge manual.
    - Heroes of Might and Magic II (one of the best games of my childhood)
    - Dust: A Tale of the Wired West (great game and apparently still worth something)
    - That crappy Jeff Gordon X2 racing game.
    - Falcon 4.0 (IMO, still one of the best combat flight sims ever)
    - Zone Raiders (I remember this for being ultra crappy)
    - Wing Commander IV in original case (awesome game)
    - Some mid-to-late 90's FPS titles
    - Red Baron (best WWI game ever ever ever)

Unfortunately, I think I've lost some of my obscure point-n-click titles. I haven't found them so far and I'm not optimistic as I've retrieved most of my boxes. Still, it was a surprising find because I forgot I had that many games.

I also found a Lemmings 2 Genesis box (somehow separated from the cartridge I have with my Genesis collection) and my copy of Grandia II so there's no telling what I have packaged up still.

@Ryaan1234 - I found a 3DO last year at a resale store and happily paid $20 for it (the lady also thought it was some old DVD player even though the controller came with it). I had no interest in keeping it but it was a very cool find. First one I had ever saw, touched, or played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

From various pawnshops:

Beyond Good and Evil = $4.99
    Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn = $26.77 + tax (GameStop)
    Xenosaga II (sealed) = $6
    Kid Icarus = $3
    Dick Tracy = $2 (half off)
    Gemfire = $5
    Uncharted Waters = $5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of pick-ups for Kid Icarus for GameBoy lately... I'd like to find a copy in the wild. Otherwise, nice scoops Incubus and Gooch.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't posted my finds in a while, since most of what I've been finding has been the usual fare: a few uncommon titles here or there, but nothing amazing -- mostly just filling in gaps in my collection. The last three weeks, however, have been absolutely on-fire for me when it comes to deals and interesting titles.

In fact, in 14 years of collecting old games, there is one particular game which I have always kept an eye out for, but never found. That ended on Sunday...

N64 Beast Wars
    N64 Rakugakids (EUR)
    SNES Clay Fighter CE, $9 for all
    N64 Spider-Man, $1.50

Gameshark Guide, FREE
    PS Jade Cocoon (complete), $3

DVD Tron 2-Disc Collector's Edition, $4
    BD Fringe, The Complete First Season, $7
    CD KMFDM - NAIVE (original Wax Trax version), $1

I just about jumped outta my skin when I saw Fringe. The guy selling it wanted $8 originally, but I asked if he'd take six. He said no, but met me in the middle at $7. I've been looking for this version of Naive for a few years, since it's the only one with the unedited version of Liebeslied. The insert is torn, and the disc has some light wear, but I'm still pleased as punch to find it.

NES Donkey Kong 3, Final Fantasy, Win, Lose or Draw, Deja Vu, Werewolf, Ghostbusters, Incredible Crash Test Dummies, Jordan vs. Bird, Totally Rad, Elevator Action, Days of Thunder, Mega Man, $10 for all

Most of these are kinda banged up, but they're all new to my collection, save for Mega Man and Final Fantasy. They were originally a dollar each, but I asked for a better price if I bought a bunch.

Chia Homer planter (new), $1
    Rubik's Clock, $2

Pokemon Red Version strategy guide
    Pokemon Special Edition guide
    Final Fantasy Tactics, FREE

The folks at this sale were putting things away when I arrived -- the same sale where I got the Chia Homer from. They said I could have these. Sadly, the FFT guide is completely loose; the binding is gone. However, it seems to have all its pages, so I'll probably just sort them, square them up and put them in an envelope. At least it was free!

DC Resident Evil, Code: Veronica
    DC Dino Crisis
    DC Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    DC Crazy Taxi 2, all complete, $16 for all
    PS Theme Park (complete), $2
    PS Final Fantasy Tactics (Greatest Hits, new & sealed), $4

While FFT is sealed, it has a hole punched through the upper left corner. Still cool to find it sealed, though.

SNES Toy Story
    SNES We're Back!: A Dinosaur's Story, $3 for both
    N64 GameShark v3.3, $1
    32X Cosmic Carnage, $1

SNES Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    SNES Final Fantasy III, $6 for both
    SNES Earthbound
    XB Conker: Live and Reloaded (complete), $40 for both

Anyway, here it is. One of a select few games I've been seeking locally for over a decade. I've been refusing to pay the Ebay price which has sadly been steadily climbing for a while now. I caved in a couple times and tried to trade handsomely for a copy, but to no avail. Well, it seems my patience has paid off. I paid more than I wanted to, but I think it'll be a while before I find another copy, and I already have Conker, so I bought that to hopefully offset the cost a little.

FFIII and LttP are both dupes, and they're my second copy of each that I've found in the last six weeks.

I played Earthbound for about an hour and I really like it. I haven't played enough to decide if it's worth freaking out over yet (beyond finding the darn thing), but the humor in the game thus far is clever, and it feels pretty current. The art style is great! I'll definitely be playing it more today. Anyway, I'm delighted to be able to cross this title off my list of sought-after games, which is becoming pretty short now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

QuarkXpress 6.5 (Windows) - $4
    I also purchased another copy of Creative Suite 2 Premium for $4, but the key was registered so it's worthless.

... And that QuarkXpress thing... I took a gamble. Turns out it sells for $350-ish on eBay if it's new.

Left column, $1 each:
    Alterno-Daze (80's V/A Comp)
    Danny Elfman: Batman Returns score
    Shaquille O'Neal: Shaq Diesel

Middle column, $5 for all three:
    The Trip-Hop Test (v/a comp with Dust Brothers and other artists)
    The Secret Museum of Mankind: Ethnic Music Classics 1925-48 (a ton of African music from that era)
    Vangelis: Chariots of Fire OST

Right column, $1 each
    Toy Dolls: We're Mad (the anthology) - no idea what this is but it looked stupid.
    Xena Warrior Princess Multipath Adventures: Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Windows CD)

You're probably wondering why I got another copy of Shaq Diesel. Well, not only does Shaq's face inspire me to hurt myself, the copy I got yesterday was scratched to hell and I was going to get it resurfaced, but getting another copy was cheaper ($1 vs $2 for the resurfacing). And the Batman Returns score I already owned was beat up so this is a replacement.

That same booth had copies of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III and Iron Eagle soundtracks but the artwork had tons of sun fading.

Oh yeah, I actually saw that Alterno-Daze compilation on eBay last night while searching for other stuff and I thought, "Hm, might be cool to get it later." Ha.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    I haven't posted my finds in a while...
    Final Fantasy Tactics, FREE
    I had hoped you'd given up since your finds were often quite good and overshadowed the rest. This recent post is no different - nice find here, particularly useful for a challenging game. I'd like to pick one these up in the near future (non GH version).

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood;1792051URL="http://www.killedaway.com/images/yardsales/earthboundandmore.jpg"
    [/URL]
    SNES Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    SNES Final Fantasy III, $6 for both
    SNES Earthbound
    XB Conker: Live and Reloaded (complete), $40 for both
    No words... well done you mofo.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    I had hoped you'd given up since your finds were often quite good and overshadowed the rest. This recent post is no different - nice find here, particularly useful for a challenging game. I'd like to pick one these up in the near future (non GH version).
    ... I had a black label copy for sale but nobody cared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

It's been awhile since I've found anything worth posting, much less worth taking pics of, but the last week or so have been pretty good to me So, here we go:

At Half Price Books yesterday:

Iron Maiden "Piece of Mind" in fantastic shape
    Iron Maiden "Run to the Hills" Maxi Single (German pressing) in fantastic shape too!
    Swords & Serpents (NES) loose
    Populous (SNES) loose but nice
    Mace the Dark Age (N64) loose with a ton of stickers to remove
    All for $21 and some change

Next, we have a trip to Movie Trading Company on Monday:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Saturn) - nice except for a slight crack in the case
    Platypus (PSP) - great shape complete
    Both for $21 as well.

Now I have to go take a few more pics of my really big score this weekend..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

So there's a kid in the neighborhood that loves to go dumpster diving, scrounge at the dump, etc. and sell off the stuff he finds. Well he sends me an email saying he has a bunch of vintage game stuff that he's found and wants to get rid of. I do NOT really like the sound of "stuff I found at the dump" but he's a good kid so I go over to look at his stuff. He has accumulated quite a pile of "classic" stuff and then has a lot of new current items, like a DS and games, PSP and games, that he wants to sell as well. I tell him right up front that he's gonna get more for his new stuff on Craigslist than I'd be willing to pay, so we take the new stuff out of the running. He showed me the rest and I made him a lump sum offer, which he countered, and we settled on $80 for this lot:

Here are the systems, dirty and incomplete. None have any wires or power cords, but they all powered up when I got them home. Now to clean them up and see if I can complete them somehow.

Super Nintendo Control Set - SNES deck is yellowed on the bottom half, but the controller is brand new - never removed from the original packaging. All manuals and styrofoam are in the box, and I wanted a box to display, so I was glad to get this.
    Sega Genesis II and CD - dirty. Dirty. Oh, and dirty.
    Sega Saturn - with the oval buttons, so I actually needed that one for my collection.
    Sony PS1 - don't really need another one of these - try to give it away or something
    The gem in this pic is definitely the SNES box controller and manuals.

Lots of loose small stuff. Here's what is in the pic:
    Wheel of Fortune Junior Edition (NES)
    Iron Sword (NES)
    R.C. ProAm (NES)
    Off Road Challenge (N64)
    Fortified Zone (GB)
    japanese Yoshi game (GB)
    Konami NFL Football (GB)
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 (GBC)
    Razor scooter (GBC)
    Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
    Asteroids (GB)
    Game Boy Advance SP (red) missing the ac, but he'll find it and bring it to me later
    Mario Kart super circuit (GBA)
    Lego Racers 2 (GBA)
    ATV: Quad Power Racing (GBA)
    Midways Greatest Arcade Hits (GBA)
    Super Mario Advance (GBA)
    007 Everything or Nothing (GBA)
    Disney Sports Soccer (GBA)

Some interesting stuff, but the best is yet to come:

Sega Games all complete and in MINT MINT shape!! Here’s the listing:

Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) x2
    Gangster Town (SMS0
    Hang On / Safari Hunt (SMS)
    Ghost House (SMS card)
    Jewel Master (GEN)
    Dungeons & Dragons (Gen)
    Thunder Force II (Gen)
    Death Duel (Gen)
    Ys III (Gen)
    Traysia (Gen)
    Master of Monsters (Gen)
    I had no idea how rare some of these games are, especially in their mint, complete shape! When I first left his home, I thought I had overpaid, but I’m pretty sure I made out okay. And yes, the Genesis games were found in the dump near our house, but they are truly in mint, complete shape, so I’m glad he rescued them and was able to save them from certain destruction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    I had hoped you'd given up since your finds were often quite good and overshadowed the rest. This recent post is no different...
    Sorry! I had sort of given up, since my interests tend to shift throughout the year, and when I get into my music (song writing, that is), I tend to abandon everything else, including video games. Recently, I had gotten back into toy collecting, and revisiting some old toy lines I used to own, so I wasn't being very aggressive when it comes to seeking out video games. It's warming up a little lately, so swap meets and yard sales are starting to pick up, and the majority of this stuff pretty much landed in my lap over the last two weekends, as I was mostly looking for toys.

...nice find here, particularly useful for a challenging game. I'd like to pick one these up in the near future (non GH version).
    Yeah, I've got two GH copies now, but I'm also looking for the original. Hate those green labels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Thunder Force II (Gen)
    Ys III (Gen)
    Nice pickup, here! I've been hoping to come across Ys III for the Genesis, myself. Also, TFII is an amazing shooter, and one of the best on the system. It often gets overlooked in favor of III and IV, but the overhead segments of the game are terrific and super-challenging. Enjoy it!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    So there's a kid in the neighborhood that loves to go dumpster diving, scrounge at the dump, etc. and sell off the stuff he finds. Well he sends me an email saying he has a bunch of vintage game stuff that he's found and wants to get rid of. I do NOT really like the sound of "stuff I found at the dump" but he's a good kid so I go over to look at his stuff. He has accumulated quite a pile of "classic" stuff and then has a lot of new current items, like a DS and games, PSP and games, that he wants to sell as well. I tell him right up front that he's gonna get more for his new stuff on Craigslist than I'd be willing to pay, so we take the new stuff out of the running. He showed me the rest and I made him a lump sum offer, which he countered, and we settled on $80 for this lot:

Here are the systems, dirty and incomplete. None have any wires or power cords, but they all powered up when I got them home. Now to clean them up and see if I can complete them somehow.

Super Nintendo Control Set - SNES deck is yellowed on the bottom half, but the controller is brand new - never removed from the original packaging. All manuals and styrofoam are in the box, and I wanted a box to display, so I was glad to get this.
    Sega Genesis II and CD - dirty. Dirty. Oh, and dirty.
    Sega Saturn - with the oval buttons, so I actually needed that one for my collection.
    Sony PS1 - don't really need another one of these - try to give it away or something
    The gem in this pic is definitely the SNES box controller and manuals.

Lots of loose small stuff. Here's what is in the pic:
    Wheel of Fortune Junior Edition (NES)
    Iron Sword (NES)
    R.C. ProAm (NES)
    Off Road Challenge (N64)
    Fortified Zone (GB)
    japanese Yoshi game (GB)
    Konami NFL Football (GB)
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 (GBC)
    Razor scooter (GBC)
    Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
    Asteroids (GB)
    Game Boy Advance SP (red) missing the ac, but he'll find it and bring it to me later
    Mario Kart super circuit (GBA)
    Lego Racers 2 (GBA)
    ATV: Quad Power Racing (GBA)
    Midways Greatest Arcade Hits (GBA)
    Super Mario Advance (GBA)
    007 Everything or Nothing (GBA)
    Disney Sports Soccer (GBA)

Some interesting stuff, but the best is yet to come:

Sega Games all complete and in MINT MINT shape!! Here’s the listing:

Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) x2
    Gangster Town (SMS0
    Hang On / Safari Hunt (SMS)
    Ghost House (SMS card)
    Jewel Master (GEN)
    Dungeons & Dragons (Gen)
    Thunder Force II (Gen)
    Death Duel (Gen)
    Ys III (Gen)
    Traysia (Gen)
    Master of Monsters (Gen)
    I had no idea how rare some of these games are, especially in their mint, complete shape! When I first left his home, I thought I had overpaid, but I’m pretty sure I made out okay. And yes, the Genesis games were found in the dump near our house, but they are truly in mint, complete shape, so I’m glad he rescued them and was able to save them from certain destruction.
    wow now thats a story to go with the items

it some what pisses me off when people throw stuff like this away though
    I mean they are good working condition and the games for instance in great working order shape..
    and they toss them like they were broken

if anything atleast just donate them to the local thrift store or good will or whatever. Cause with these old items as we know once they are gone they are gone forever.

So give the kid a high five for me for saving gaming history with his adventures of dumpster diving.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I went into EB Games beside where I work to browse after my shift, and I noticed that they had finally dropped the prices on their used xbox games. So after buying what decent titles they had there, and visiting 2 other local stores, I ended up with this:

Averaged out at $1.61 per game. Fantastic.
    (just realized though, I ended up buying 2 copies of Starsky and Hutch. Ugh.)

Also got a few other titles at EB/thrift while I was about:
    Picross 3D: 8.49 after coupon and edgecard
    Puzzle Quest DS: 2.29
    PQ2: 2.29
    Locke's Quest: 4.49
    F-Zero/Pokemon Stadium/32X golf $1.99 each at thrift