Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default Atari 2600 and goods

http://burlington.craigslist.org/vgm/2192788105.html

keep in mind i am in the buying and selling game.

i know about the atari and its games. But not that large joy stick you see in the second and 3rd and 4th photos
    and the big question
    how much are those storage boxes worth? i remember they use to be kinda common to see way back in the day but now a days i think i seen maybe one at at the classic game store in salem mass. so i don't know its value or how rare it is.

thanks

oh yea and i got him down to 70 dollars instead of 100

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm sorry, but how are you planning on making money on this? That stuff looks like it has been left outside and is worth well less than what you paid. Nobody is going to buy trashed plastic storage units. This is what is commonly known as a junk bundle worth maybe $25 if everything works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

That joystick is a Radio Shack Archer brand stick, pretty common. Those storage cases are fairly worthless without the dark plastic covers on them, which neither one of them has. And the games range from dirt common to slightly less common.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I'm sorry, but how are you planning on making money on this? That stuff looks like it has been left outside and is worth well less than what you paid. Nobody is going to buy trashed plastic storage units. This is what is commonly known as a junk bundle worth maybe $25 if everything works.
    first off i didn't buy it yet
    which is why i am asking price before i buy

second off this ones one of the better looking ones i've personally found atleast judging from the picture anyways. Does it work? who knows.

not everyone can find cib never been used like your making it sound

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    That joystick is a Radio Shack Archer brand stick, pretty common. Those storage cases are fairly worthless without the dark plastic covers on them, which neither one of them has. And the games range from dirt common to slightly less common.
    alright cool. I kinda thought so but i haven't seen them in forever so i didn't know if they were out and about and i am blind or if all the collectors scraped them up and are keeping them to themselves

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    first off i didn't buy it yet
    which is why i am asking price before i buy

second off this ones one of the better looking ones i've personally found atleast judging from the picture anyways. Does it work? who knows.

not everyone can find cib never been used like your making it sound
    Fair enough. That complete bundle is worth about $25 retail assuming it works. You know your margins better than I do, so go from there as far as what you offer. The fact that you didn't even ask if it works shows me you don't have the basics of running your business down. Contrary to your assertion, there is a lot of this stuff out there in that shape and much of it in much better shape. Heck, you could get a very similar bundle from most of the people here for far less than what this guy wants for it.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

It's worth around $70-$100 if everything is working(I can't see what games are included, maybe some are rare and worth more). I sold a spare Atari 2600 with hookups, 2 joysticks, paddles, and 19 common games for $50 locally and had a few replies for it. $25 is lowballing.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It's worth around $70-$100 if everything is working(I can't see what games are included, maybe some are rare and worth more). I sold a spare Atari 2600 with hookups, 2 joysticks, paddles, and 19 common games for $50 locally and had a few replies for it. $25 is lowballing.
    I don't think so. If yours only sold for $50, why would this one magically be worth double that? I can't see all of the carts, but the ones I can see are dirt common with dirty or damaged labels. Everything also looks like it has a good coat of dirt and grime. I would say a buck a cart and $20 for the console. So best case scenario, that's maybe $40 assuming again that it works. It's certainly not worth buying only to flip again on Craigslist or elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I don't think so. If yours only sold for $50, why would this one magically be worth double that? I can't see all of the carts, but the ones I can see are dirt common with dirty or damaged labels. Everything also looks like it has a good coat of dirt and grime. I would say a buck a cart and $20 for the console. So best case scenario, that's maybe $40 assuming again that it works. It's certainly not worth buying only to flip again on Craigslist or elsewhere.
    If mine with less games and no storage units sold for $50 why is $25 a fair value for this bundle? You said $25 if it were all working and sold at retail. It might be worth that much untested but not at retail guaranteed to be working.

Obviously everything needs to be cleaned if you want $100 for it, it takes a couple of minutes to wipe down the dust with a damp paper towel. I clean my extra systems and games before I try to sell them, I don't find everything clean when I buy them but I make sure they're clean before I pass them on. I wouldn't pay that much for the lot, especially in that condition and untested. My estimate was how much that lot could be worth if it were working and cleaned up. I actually said $70-$100, the reason I went up to $100 was because of the extra games, manuals, and the storage units(though these are missing the lids). Again everything would have to work properly for it to be worth $100, including the paddle controllers which frequently need to be overhauled and cleaned out and are hard to find in working order as is. Most likely it would be somewhere between $70 and $100, not easily at $100.

And your math is bad. 33 carts at $1 each plus $20 for the console is over $50 right there($53), not $40. How could that be only worth $40 when I got more for my lot with almost half as many games? My games were pretty common too, none of the more desirable games were included and the better ones did have damaged labels. I took a picture of everything and listed all of the games so everything was up front with my bundle. I fully tested my bundle out and everything was working properly.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    If mine with less games and no storage units sold for $50 why is $25 a fair value for this bundle? You said $25 if it were all working and sold at retail. It might be worth that much untested but not at retail guaranteed to be working.

Obviously everything needs to be cleaned if you want $100 for it, it takes a couple of minutes to wipe down the dust with a damp paper towel. I clean my extra systems and games before I try to sell them, I don't find everything clean when I buy them but I make sure they're clean before I pass them on. I wouldn't pay that much for the lot, especially in that condition and untested. My estimate was how much that lot could be worth if it were working and cleaned up. I actually said $70-$100, the reason I went up to $100 was because of the extra games, manuals, and the storage units(though these are missing the lids). Again everything would have to work properly for it to be worth $100, including the paddle controllers which frequently need to be overhauled and cleaned out and are hard to find in working order as is. Most likely it would be somewhere between $70 and $100, not easily at $100.

And your math is bad. 33 carts at $1 each plus $20 for the console is over $50 right there($53), not $40. How could that be only worth $40 when I got more for my lot with almost half as many games? My games were pretty common too, none of the more desirable games were included and the better ones did have damaged labels. I took a picture of everything and listed all of the games so everything was up front with my bundle. I fully tested my bundle out and everything was working properly.
    I'm sorry, but who are you selling to that is going to get excited about busted and incomplete storage units and torn and folded manuals and a number of games with missing labels? Even if you're right that he could get $100 if everything works and he cleans it up, he could only get the guy down to $70. Is his time and effort at going to pick the stuff up, cleaning everything and trying to find another seller only worth $30? This is a lousy investment. If he could get it for $25 and sell for $75 or $100, it might be worth some minimal effort. As it stands, he will either break even or lose money on the deal. As such, it's not a good deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'm sorry, but who are you selling to that is going to get excited about busted and incomplete storage units and torn and folded manuals and a number of games with missing labels? Even if you're right that he could get $100 if everything works and he cleans it up, he could only get the guy down to $70. Is his time and effort at going to pick the stuff up, cleaning everything and trying to find another seller only worth $30? This is a lousy investment. If he could get it for $25 and sell for $75 or $100, it might be worth some minimal effort. As it stands, he will either break even or lose money on the deal. As such, it's not a good deal.
    I agree that it's a lousy investment, I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy this lot to make a profit. I never said it was a good deal to buy if you want to flip it, and I personally wouldn't buy it as I'm not interested in it. If I happened to pick this lot up cheap somewhere then I would clean it all up, test it and make sure everything works, and price it at $100 if everything was fine. Either I'd get $100 or I'd get a lower offer and accept it instead. It should be obvious that if it's worth between $70-$100 and it costs $70 to buy, it's not worth buying to flip. And I estimated that it's worth between $70-$100, that means that the absolute most you could sell this for on a good day is $100. That's not the minimum amount, that's the maximum. You seem to be stuck on that.

The type of person who would buy it is someone who's new at collecting Atari 2600 stuff and wants to start out with a basic instant collection. It's much cheaper than buying individual commons off ebay, even with winning auctions at $0.01 each the shipping would be around $3 per cart. Plenty of people would buy an Atari lot with a bunch of commons, even just to play instead of collect. They sell pretty quickly where I am if they have the hookups and everything is working properly, the games won't sell individually but together with a system it would sell. Just take good pictures, list all of the games, and have a proper description. I also didn't see any missing labels in the lot posted here, I'm not sure where you saw that. There's a couple with the edge peeling but that's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If the OP is interested in this to resell it, then no, he shouldn't pay more than $25 or $30 because HE won't make more than $50, maybe $60 to flip it, and that's if its all cleaned up and real nice and good quality pictures are taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Come on guys, it comes with 2 paddies! I hope they are York Peppermint Paddies, not some knock offs made by Palmer or some such crap!
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I won't even pay 25 usd for that crap, too many factory sealed atari 2600 games still cost a buck or two ... if buyer have 100 usd to spend for an atari with some games, there are way better options on craigslist or eBay
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!