Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you consider iOS a major gaming platform?

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I feel like we just had this same discussion a few weeks back in a similar thread about the 3DS. In any event, I agree that iOS is a gaming platform. Having said that, I have played quite a few iOS games in the past few weeks and the depth and complexity of game play is not there yet on a lot of titles. Part of it has to do with pricing I'm sure and the sense that people won't pay $20-$30 for iOS games just yet. That could change in the future. There are also quite a few older games that are getting re-released for iOS especially on the graphic adventure side which in my mind, makes iOS a more serious platform for older gamers. Having said all that, I don't think iOS is a direct threat to the DS and PSP and probably won't be for a very long time, if ever.
    We did, but, you know. New threads, same positions. At least I don't feel as bad about spouting off about iOS here since this thread is topic appropriate.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Then there is no fundamental disagreement. PCs are not major game platforms and the N-Gage is/was by these refinements for clarity. iOS, Droid or what-have-you is best described in function as mobile computing devices that are communication centric, not a device specifically geared toward gaming.

The market for such devices is newly emerged... Advances are going to come fast and in unexpected areas in development. Eventually, what we have today will have as much relevance as vacuum tube computing does now. So, no. N-Gage has a better chance than the iDevices. Because it was primarily a gaming device. Communication is an extremely utilitarian market, nothing like the entertainment industry. Who uses a telegraph still, because they prefer it over today's methods? No one sane.
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 02-07-2011 at 07:55 AM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives