Thread: Killzone 3

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Killzone 3

I won't be getting it, but this open beta is pretty cool. They don't have that dead zone lag that the first game had which they were describing it as "weight."

It's sort of like Battlefield. There's a medic class, but it's pretty useless as you can respawn in three seconds or less and the people are so stupid that if you are right next to them, they instead of just staying there for a second, just end up hitting respawn. Engineer class which can set gun turrets and repair reload points. Infiltrator which you take on the name and look of an opponent when active. There's other classes but I haven't used them.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I WANT to like Killzone. It looks gorgeous. I couldn't handle KZ2, the lag, the weapons, the bro-iness--and I actualy like bro-fest shooters. I downloaded the demo/beta for KZ3, hoping it improved on the 2nd game. I have yet to give it a go, but I will this weekend. I'm really looking forward to see what this game has to offer, hoping for the best. Hearing its like Battlefield is a big plus--I'm closing in on 100 hours in BFBC2's multiplayer.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The beta stage is small though, unlike Battlefield which have large stages. So it's only similar to Battlefield with the classes. I also don't know if there are vehicles in Killzone 3. There aren't any in the beta.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

at first i didnt like it, couldnt place my finger on it, but after a few hours of play and tweaking the sensitivity, im in love lol

they really fixed the way you progress in multiplayer now as opposed to being stuck playing thru a class you hated just so that you could unlock the one u really wanted, i rape on infiltrator class, just upgraded my invisibility cloak and its almost unfair lol, i stay cloaked indefinitely, even if i shoot until i kill someone, im definitely buying this game, preordering right now as we speak off amazon for the retro map pack

edit: there will be vehicles in the retail release, just none in the beta, also on a sidenote, how the hell do i go into cover or order air strikes??? i seen a couple mortar strikes playing warzone but no clue how its activated
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 02-05-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

seriously no one on this board is playing the beta? i would have thought more people would be amped for this game, lol i fucking rape on this as a marksmen, i come in top 3 alot of the time, something not to easy to accomplish as a sniper, im buying this game day 1!
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    edit: there will be vehicles in the retail release, just none in the beta, also on a sidenote, how the hell do i go into cover or order air strikes??? i seen a couple mortar strikes playing warzone but no clue how its activated
    Vehicles are only available in some maps. It wouldn't make sense to have jetpacks or mechs on Frozen Dam (this beta's map) because of the doorway that separates the open area (the dam) from the small ISA side.

There is no cover system in the multiplayer. It wasn't in Killzone 2 either. Guerrilla says they've tested it and it slows down the multiplayer. The mortar strikes are pick-ups. On the beta map, go to the doorway entrance to the dam. Around the door will be a device on the wall with the pick-up.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I won't be getting it, but this open beta is pretty cool. They don't have that dead zone lag that the first game had which they were describing it as "weight."
    The weight is still there in Killzone 3 and it was intentional in Killzone 2. What wasn't intentional was the input lag; you would press a button and it would take a fraction of a second for the action to happen. So, the input lag is gone from Killzone 3, while retaining the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli
    There's a medic class, but it's pretty useless as you can respawn in three seconds or less and the people are so stupid that if you are right next to them, they instead of just staying there for a second, just end up hitting respawn.
    Most of the people that respawn manually are the ones that are used to Call of Duty's instant spawn or the Killzone 2 players that have been burned too many times by stupid medics that revive them in the middle of fights - only to stand up and die immediately. Many people just want a fresh start. You have to carefully pick the times to let a medic revive you.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Count me in, still deciding to go with either the standard edition or the helghast edition. Either way it's pretty fun. I'm a BFBC2 vet of about 220 hours or so, and this one just kind of "clicked" for me... Same,'but different enough to make it interesting again

PSN: SouthRox