Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo:CE Remake Rumored To Be Coming This Year(2011)/Confirmed At E3 2011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Halo:CE Remake Rumored To Be Coming This Year(2011)/Confirmed At E3 2011

I've first heard rumors about this last year but it was never made official. And now more information continues to get leaked although this is still classified as a rumor.

I personally would love to see this game remade but not at full retail price. While achievements and leaderboards would be obvious additions, what I'd really want would be online multiplayer(which was missing from the original Xbox due to Xbox Live not being up and running yet). Theres really no reason why they couldn't add it in(it was added to Perfect Dark) but theres still a chance they might hold it back.

The thing that keeps me from believing this is that it would contradict Microsoft's normal holiday gameplan. They have yet to release a new Halo game and a new Gears of War game within the same holiday period(Sept-Dec) and their original plan was to release them both in alternating years. So releasing both Gears of War 3 and Halo:CE remake during the same timeframe could cause them to cancel out some of each others sales and XBL time. But it is Halo's tenth anniversary this year so I expect something Halo to come out before 2012 arrives.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-17-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

My guess is that this will be a "limited" release...as in, limited in scope (not to be confused with "limited edition"). I'm guessing a $15-20 XBLA release or maybe a $39.99 retail release with no multiplayer. This won't be a full-on $59.99 "Halo" game. Ain't gonna happen.

Microsoft has said time and time again they don't want to dilute the Halo brand by making it an annual event. Some games can't sustain a new release every single year. The Halo community wouldn't respond to it the way the COD crowd does. Just look at the Halo 3 vs. Halo Reach online numbers. Halo 3 gets still has just as many players as Reach...and there were 3 years between games. Too many Generals unwilling to start over from the bottom rank I guess.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is MS we're talking about. They took an intended expansion for Halo 3, and had Bungie flesh it out just enough, and held back the map packs just long enough to charge full retail. This remake will be a $60 release. They'll cite the added Xbox Live functionality, the addition of the PC maps, the completely redone textures, then throw in a cheaply made "10 years of Halo" bonus video DLC code and some visual flair for your avatar, and BAM! $60.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    This is MS we're talking about. They took an intended expansion for Halo 3, and had Bungie flesh it out just enough, and held back the map packs just long enough to charge full retail. This remake will be a $60 release. They'll cite the added Xbox Live functionality, the addition of the PC maps, the completely redone textures, then throw in a cheaply made "10 years of Halo" bonus video DLC code and some visual flair for your avatar, and BAM! $60.
    Don't forget to mention the additional Halo:CE themed 360, controllers and other stuff. And i'll probably buy most of it... like I always do.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I'd actually be up for a rerelease of CE along with Halo 2 as a full fledged retail relase similar to the GOW collection Sony did last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you think about it they could charge around $40 and just release it as a Halo:CE map pack addition. Map packs are typically 3 maps for 800 points ($10) Halo had 13 maps when it was all said and done. Have it disc based with some kind of item (art book, soundtrack, patch, figure, etc.) or just DL for $30. It would be a big draw for many. I really hope they do it. I remember doing the XBConnect thing for months on end. Good times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Microsoft has said time and time again they don't want to dilute the Halo brand by making it an annual event. Some games can't sustain a new release every single yea r. The Halo community wouldn't respond to it the way the COD crowd does.
    I'm a huge Halo fan but even I'm getting annoyed by this annual release bullshit. Granted ODST was nothing more than a glorified side story but if Halo:CE remake comes out this year that will be three years in a row that a new Halo game has come out. After this release the franchise needs to take a break for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    You are probably right. They will somehow make it seem like this has to be full priced. Regardless of achievements and hopefully online multiplayer I really hope they give us some kind of discount on this game, even if it's only $10($49.00). But I'm not going to hold my breath.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bitNesMan
    I can't really think of anything on the PS2 side, but I would pay 65 bucks on day one to get a Halo 1 & 2 collection on the 360 with shiny new HD graphics, achievements, and online multiplayer campaign and matchmaking support. How awesome would that be?
    I posted that in October in another thread and I still feel the same way...
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bitNesMan View Post
    I posted that in October in another thread and I still feel the same way...
    If only Microsoft would take you up on your suggestion. I'm guessing that both will be released seperately.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    I'd actually be up for a rerelease of CE along with Halo 2 as a full fledged retail relase similar to the GOW collection Sony did last year.
    I agree that if they released both games like GOW it would justify the $60 tag. I would love just a DL of the multiplayer maps. Ive played the story, just want "Hang Em High" on xbox live!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As long as they don't downgrade the pistol I'm all for it...and of course its online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they add online play they will definitely downgrade the pistol.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    If they add online play they will definitely downgrade the pistol.
    No! It was special to me in that game. Playing on Xbox Connect & LAN used to be so much fun.

Still one of my favorite Halo's for MP. Even with no "official" Online I still played MP on the original Halo more then any other. Maybe even then all of the others combined.

They don't even need to change anything, just add MP support and it would probably sell like hot cakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren870 View Post
    No! It was special to me in that game. Playing on Xbox Connect & LAN used to be so much fun.

Still one of my favorite Halo's for MP. Even with no "official" Online I still played MP on the original Halo more then any other. Maybe even then all of the others combined.

They don't even need to change anything, just add MP support and it would probably sell like hot cakes.
    I wouldn't want them to change anything either. But if they kept the pistol as powerful as it was nobody would ever need to use the sniper anymore.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

This might be a crazy idea, but what if it's just a single player expansion pack for Reach? Assuming it was a twenty dollar download, I'd be down for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By now we all know that the rumors are true but today I found out what the Kinect intergration will be. But here's a short cut:

According to Game Rant, 343 Industries confirmed that the game will include two features that make use of the Kinect.

The first feature is a voice command option, which will allow players to control certain actions, such as throwing grenades, reloading weapons, and switching between the remastered and classic versions of the game by speaking certain words.

The second feature is an Analyze mode that allows players to scan environments, persons of interest, and items in the game by selecting them and speaking the word "scan." The scanned items will then appear in an in-game library that can be viewed anytime for background information on the Halo universe.
    So it's not really mandatory but serves as a nice extra bonus for those of us that have Kinect. And if it goes over well I'm sure that all first party games will be getting some form of Kinect upgrade.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 10-17-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

They're still trying to push Kinect? I thought that went the way of the 3D fad.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I finally got a chance to play this today and it's as great as it was before, only better. Well "better" if you have Kinect. The ability to use voice commands to switch between modes(classic and remastered), reload, throw grenades, scan items, turn on/off subtitles and atleast a half dozen other things have made this one of the most interactive games in recent memory. Granted, it didn't work 100% perfect all the time but when it did it made things much more entertaining.

If you don't have Kinect I wouldn't suggest you run out and get it just for this game. But it's a nice incentive for those of us that do have it and adds to the gameplay much more than the 3D offerings I've experienced so far. The multiplayer also runs concurrent with Halo Reach so regardless of which game you own you can still play with each other as long as you have downloaded the new maps and update. Actually, I'm not sure if you need to download the new maps but you definitely need the new update.

I'm also surprised how little Microsoft has advertised this game. I see some stuff for it online but the marketing is a far cry from what they usually do for new Halo games. I think it might have something to do with Gears of War 3 releasing a few months ago. Perhaps they agreed to market Gears 3 more for Epic's benefit.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Insert Coin (Level 0) MetalMilitia's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    So I finally got a chance to play this today and it's as great as it was before, only better. Well "better" if you have Kinect. The ability to use voice commands to switch between modes(classic and remastered), reload, throw grenades, scan items, turn on/off subtitles and atleast a half dozen other things have made this one of the most interactive games in recent memory. Granted, it didn't work 100% perfect all the time but when it did it made things much more entertaining.

If you don't have Kinect I wouldn't suggest you run out and get it just for this game. But it's a nice incentive for those of us that do have it and adds to the gameplay much more than the 3D offerings I've experienced so far. The multiplayer also runs concurrent with Halo Reach so regardless of which game you own you can still play with each other as long as you have downloaded the new maps and update. Actually, I'm not sure if you need to download the new maps but you definitely need the new update.

I'm also surprised how little Microsoft has advertised this game. I see some stuff for it online but the marketing is a far cry from what they usually do for new Halo games. I think it might have something to do with Gears of War 3 releasing a few months ago. Perhaps they agreed to market Gears 3 more for Epic's benefit.
    That sounds like a really neat concept on how they integrated the use of the Kinect with this game. I rarely use my Kinect (except for Dance Central) so this just gives me an excuse to bust it out again.

The first Halo is one of my favorite first person shooters ever. It was the sole reason I bought my original Xbox back in 2002. I remember having such a blast playing the multi-player of this game with my buddies back in High School. Can't wait to pick up this game and relive all memories in HD!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure where to post this, but I figured here would be a good start. Did anybody else get a forced update today? I was online late last night/early this morning, playing some co-op goodness with a friend over Live, when suddenly I was kicked offline and got an update prompt. OK, weird, but I did the update figuring it was just poor timing. Xbox usually releases these updates in the wee hours. However, my friend and I could no longer play co-op campaign together as the "versions are not compatible." As of this morning, he has still not recieved any update. I have not seen a mandatory update mentioned online through 343's blog or other boards... has anyone recieved an update prompt in the last 12-24 hours? My "version" still shows v1.1, which is what I believe the original launch patch updated to.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector