Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    mattimeo310
    3DS Friend
    4897-5967-3681

Default Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2

After taking a near 5 year hiatus from playing Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2, and remembering that this is a really great fighting game, I'm looking into Raging Blast 2. Does anyone own this game and is able to voice their opinions? According to professional reviews its subpar but the average gamer rating is significantly higher. Is this game worth getting? Or should I stick with Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 for my ps2?

Oh and just so you know, I've never played Raging Blast 1, I was unaware of these games existence until recently.
    My Systems: Atari 2600, 7800 Intellivision Nes(top loader) Snes Virtual Boy N64 Gamecube Wii GBC GBA(original) DS(brick) Genesis Dreamcast Ps2 Ps3 PSP(phat) PSP 3000, LYNX

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I personally would stick with Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 as you're getting a worse game with less characters. I own the first Raging Blast which plays the same, but different than the Tenkaichi games, and then Raging Blast 2 redoes the gameplay once again.

My original opinion after playing the demo was that the game is terrible, but at the time I was unaware about the major changes in gameplay. After a triangle finisher attack, you'd press it again in order to add a secondary finisher attack. This isn't from personal experience, it's just after reading about it, which I haven't touched it from my initial "this game sucks."

Now the first Raging Blast, if you're not interested in online play, definitely don't even bother upgrading. Yes, it has slightly better graphics, but the camera has been ruined, far less characters, about 10 stages to play on, and music isn't that great. If you're interested in playing the game online I'd recommend it. Everyone I've played against online I've had no lag at all. It could be because they all just had good connections, but maybe not. All I know is that with online I've had a good experience on that game, just that very few people play online.

If you want a good DBZ game that's just an upgrade to Tenkaichi 2 though, then I'd really recommend Tenkaichi 3. When it comes to following the storyline, Tenkaichi 2 beats the third out because it's got literally every battle from the beginning to the end of DBZ. However, I personally think the third is much better. Basically you have the best DBZ battles and they all play out exactly like the anime, giving you the choice to extend the storyline or not by pressing R3. There is a ton of audio during the fight, it adds to the game like you're really playing through the DBZ story.

Here's an example on Budokai Tenkaichi 3 using the Saiyan Saga with Goku versus Vegeta as reference. It starts off with their dialogue, the same dialogue in the series and also the dialogue during that FMV fight in Tenkaichi 2. Instead of seeing a portion of the fight during the FMV with Goku going Kaioken and Vegeta giving him the bitch smack, you hear the audio while you're fighting Vegeta. Part way through the battle it'll show "R3" and pressing R3 will expand the storyline which both you and Vegeta will do a teleport dragon rush on each other, shortly after that another "R3" option will come up and during that one it'll play out the scene with Vegeta shooting the Galick Gun and Goku firing a Kamehameha back. After beating him some more, another "R3" option will come up, this time Vegeta will transform and regain all his HP.

It basically has all the best battles and most known battles in Dragon Ball history including a lot in the GT universe and it's all a truly amazing single player experience, especially if you're a DBZ fan. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is on both the Wii and the PS2 so pick it up for your favorite system, though no idea about the Wii version as I've never played it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.