Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    riderkidDA
    PSN
    riderkid98

Default best NES repro clone

hi

i recently decided to replace my stolen NES with a repro clone but since i have an SNES still i dun need a repro with an SNES built in i just need an NES repro.

whats the best one out there?
    I believe in a thing called DIVORCE

www.riderkid.deviantart.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

That's not an easy question to answer, but I'll do my best.

The best Famiclone is one that's not NOAC based. What you want is a clone that dates from around 1989 to about 1993 that's a hardware clone. These clones offer excellent compatibility, and can many have socketed CPU and PPU chips, allowing you to replace them with authentic chips turning these Famiclones into real Famicoms.

Now, if you don't want to bother trying to track down a working hardware Famiclone, the best NOAC Famiclone I've come across is the Retro Duo. With only a slight audio correction requiring minimal soldering, the Retro Duo can serve as an excellent replacement of the NES. The only games I own that won't run on the Retro Duo are Rolling Thunder, Paperboy and the Retrozone Powerpak. It'll even run advanced Famicom games like Lagrange Point or Akumajou Densetsu.

If you want the coolest clone, get a Generation NEX. It's designed to look like a miniature NES, has wireless controllers that are fairly good and an AWESOME wireless NES Advantage arcade stick clone. The nex is a fairly weak Famiclone, but damn do I love the wireless stick.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0) riderpool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    riderkidDA
    PSN
    riderkid98

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    That's not an easy question to answer, but I'll do my best.

The best Famiclone is one that's not NOAC based. What you want is a clone that dates from around 1989 to about 1993 that's a hardware clone. These clones offer excellent compatibility, and can many have socketed CPU and PPU chips, allowing you to replace them with authentic chips turning these Famiclones into real Famicoms.

Now, if you don't want to bother trying to track down a working hardware Famiclone, the best NOAC Famiclone I've come across is the Retro Duo. With only a slight audio correction requiring minimal soldering, the Retro Duo can serve as an excellent replacement of the NES. The only games I own that won't run on the Retro Duo are Rolling Thunder, Paperboy and the Retrozone Powerpak. It'll even run advanced Famicom games like Lagrange Point or Akumajou Densetsu.

If you want the coolest clone, get a Generation NEX. It's designed to look like a miniature NES, has wireless controllers that are fairly good and an AWESOME wireless NES Advantage arcade stick clone. The nex is a fairly weak Famiclone, but damn do I love the wireless stick.
    is there a site that offers review cause i found a system called the retro nes for 20 bucks on amazon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh, don't get a Generation NEX. I have one, and it's fairly horrible. The sound is awful and very quiet, and the colors come out wrong. The only good thing about it is that it has two cart slots, for NES and Famicom games.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Insert Coin (Level 0) riderpool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    riderkidDA
    PSN
    riderkid98

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    Ugh, don't get a Generation NEX. I have one, and it's fairly horrible. The sound is awful and very quiet, and the colors come out wrong. The only good thing about it is that it has two cart slots, for NES and Famicom games.
    ok avoid gennex...

but still is there a site that reveiws repro systems?

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would say get the retron 3, I have had mine for a few months now and it works great, so far the only compatability issue I have had is with Tengen games. Even though you don't need the SNES part of it I would still suggest getting it because not only do you get the NES and SNES but Genesis too. Plus you can plug original controllers into it which is frikin' SWEEEEET!