Thread: When will the new Classic Guide be available?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default When will the new Classic Guide be available?

First off, sorry if this is a dead horse I'm beating. I don't want to annoy, but I searched the forums for this and didn't come up with anything.

I bought my Advance Guide about three years ago, and since then I've been waiting for a chance to get the Classic Guide to go with it, but the site always says that it's sold out and that a new edition is in the works. Any ideas when this will be?

Also, I noticed a rarity value that was out of date in the Advance Guide a few weeks back. Is a new edition of that being planned?
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same here... Ive been waiting years and years for the new release of the new Classic Guide...

I ended up ordering a 7th edition off ebay for a price I do not wish to disclose at the moment. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I know it's been said a few times over the past couple years that a new book is being worked on, but it's never actually materialized. I just assume that real life and production costs have slowed down the release considerably.

As far as the Advance goes, I haven't heard a thing.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, it's been about a year and still no word. I thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone at DP has anything to say about when we can expect to be able to get new guides.

Anyone? That Classic Guide would sure help me with my SMS and Intellivision collections. Should I keep waiting, or just give up and look for one on eBay?
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    So, it's been about a year and still no word. I thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone at DP has anything to say about when we can expect to be able to get new guides.

Anyone? That Classic Guide would sure help me with my SMS and Intellivision collections. Should I keep waiting, or just give up and look for one on eBay?
    Grab one on eBay. I asked Joe about the new Classic Guide a month or two ago and he said it's as good as dead, unfortunately.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PingvinBlueJeans View Post
    Grab one on eBay. I asked Joe about the new Classic Guide a month or two ago and he said it's as good as dead, unfortunately.
    Alright well then its settled then. Tomorrow I'm going to the library and checking out their copy. Then I'm going to scan it and post it here. I too have been waiting patiently for it for years so now I'm going to make it available

I wasn't going to do it if there was a chance that there was going to be another print run or something but I am a huge supporter of digitizing "dead" books.

Joe, you have a week (or so) to say that there still could be another print run if you don't want me to upload it. (Making an ebook version would also stop me)

FYI: this wont be a fantastic scan job. Its rare for a library to have the classic guide and I'm not gonna destroy their copy by debinding it. Anyone would of course be welcome to Photoshop my upload however to make it nicer.