Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2011 Finds

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    I've been able to access some of the quests my first time through. What I'm seeing is that some quests - mostly non-DLC ones - show up greyed out in the menu at the Quête stands in-game and can't be selected. Haven't figured out why yet.
    I just thought of something else. I've noticed that some of quests have a star with number beside them. I think the numbered star represents the Hunter rank you need to be at before you can access that quest. Until you're at the right rank, the quest will be grayed out. Is this what you're referring to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    i found something slightly even better that i need to find a home for now haha

Sears "Pong" power cable in really good shape no cuts no tears no anything like new pretty much. Kinda wish the dealer had the machine to go with it but hey now i got a cable just incase i find a pong machine missing its power cable or if someone needs a power cable for theirs
    Bought it for $1
    Yes kids, remember, using an Atari 2600 power supply on your Pong consoles is very bad for them. The Pong power supply puts out about half the voltage of the VCS power supply.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Yes kids, remember, using an Atari 2600 power supply on your Pong consoles is very bad for them. The Pong power supply puts out about half the voltage of the VCS power supply.
    i noticed when i got home i compared it with one of the 2600 power supplies i had. They are very very similar except some numbers on the pong one is half what the 2600's is
    and the prong you plug into the machine is slightly different looking too

i figure if you were to try it might work at first... for like a few seconds and then burn out something very important lol

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Got Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded for DS for $19.99 at Best Buy.
    Though it sounds like it's an old sale and somebody at my local store forgot to remove the sticker on the shelf. Scanned at regular price, so I had to ask for the special.
    Seeing as it's a cellphone port, hope it's at least worth that price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not very exciting but picked up Pokemon White for £25 today from Morrisons. Probably the cheapest it's going to be for a while.

However have just realised that takes me up to 20 DS games in total. Woo.
    Last edited by Swamperon; 03-04-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

USB powered Zip 100 drive, brand new - $5
    "I've asked Miller to say a few words" by Cherie Kerr - $1

Microcosm, Novastorm and The Lemmings Chronicles (sealed, OEM / bundle versions)
    Duran Duran - Astronaut
    Miles Davis - Acoustic (This Is Jazz Volume 8)
    The Golden Palominos - Pure
    $10 for all 6 (down from $12)

This booth had about 6 copies of Microcosm and Novastorm (each), plus that lone copy of Lemmings Chronicles. I found those other CDs in the same box and a Phil Collins ...Hits CD, but the seller wanted $2 for each CD, so I left old baldy behind. :P I may pick it up tomorrow, dunno yet. I asked if she would lower the price to $10 and she agreed.

The Golden Palominos, well, I have no idea who they are. But one-time Information Society member Amanda Palmer was a member of that band, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Plus hey, a boob in the cover! So classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Busy day at the thrift, nothing too exciting:

Everything in this photo was about $38:

Everything here was about $45:

The black CD is Spinal Tap.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    I just thought of something else. I've noticed that some of quests have a star with number beside them. I think the numbered star represents the Hunter rank you need to be at before you can access that quest. Until you're at the right rank, the quest will be grayed out. Is this what you're referring to?
    Not those ones. I've been doing every mission as it comes so my rank is far above any of the requirements. The greyed out ones I'm seeing have no level requirement, and since I don't read Japanese I can't figure out why it's the case.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can't access the downloaded quests until your second play-through of the game. I've also heard that you have to play through the game three times to unlock some sort of extra. I have no idea what it is though.
    Congrats on getting your copy of the game. You and Vlcice are lucky that the quests were easy for you to download. I've been pulling my hair out over them and still don't have them. I don't use WEP encryption at home, which is all the non-DSi systems support, and I had no luck at two McDonalds and a Starbucks either. Whatever those businesses use, I guess the DS Lite is too outdated for it. I'm probably going to have to briefly switch my encryption at home one of these days, which is annoying, but at least it appears that the quests are done coming out so I should only have to do it once.

As for actually playing the quests, they're accessible with a completed file. DON'T start a second playthrough before playing them because it doesn't matter if you're playing for the second, third, or hundredth time, it still counts as being in the middle of the game rather than the end and the Wi-Fi quests won't be playable.

As for the extras, there's not much. Eventually in the game (during your first time), you'll have other versions of the DAHAK mech that you can buy and switch to. Well, when you play the second time, you can buy upgraded versions of each of those. And then during the third time, assuming you have bought all of those, you can buy the ultimate Omega version. It's nothing that exciting from what I've heard and seen. Basically just really good stat bonuses, but the game is so easy that stats barely matter. I think there's also something about buying all the parts in the game, either to access better parts in future playthroughs, or maybe that's another requirement for the Omega mech.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Three FPSes today, $3 at Goodwill.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter
    Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force
    Deus Ex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Here's something cool. Rich at ThisOldGame did a third and final run of some very special TRON marquees and mine arrived today...

Excuse the protective sheet, I'm going to be changing apartments in the next few months and wanted to keep this more or less packed up until then.

I'm sure many will figure out what's different about this marquee over the production one. Yup, it's ENCOM branded and is film accurate to the TRON marquee in TRON Legacy.

It's professionally screened onto glass and if anyone here has seen ThisOldGame's products in person or bought anything from them you know that their work is of the highest quality. This sucker is HEAVY.

Here's a peek under the paper, of course it would still need to be wiped down before being installed...

I got a little blurry with the camera on this one...

UPS beat the box up pretty good but Rich is the man and knows how to pack his products.

I don't own a TRON cabinet but I intend on building a light box for this once I move and get re-situated. I would eventually like to own a TRON cab but it's not super high on my arcade priority list. Of course having this thing built into my headstone has crossed my mind as well.

Having missed the boat on the original and second run really bummed me out, especially after seeing a sample of the marquee at last year's California Extreme. Damn stoked that I was able to get in on the final run of them and I almost missed that as well.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

found some interesting things at the good wills today

someone must have donated a bunch of CIB sega games. cause there was 4 more there that i didn't scoop up (sports games)
    what you see here is
    Wheel of Fortune
    Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego
    Risk
    Battleship
    all CIB and in mint shape
    3 bucks a pop

then i found a Game.com. never thought i'd find one of these floating around at a goodwill or thrift store.
    Paid 2 bucks for it. not in the worlds best shape but looked decent. and still had its battery door and stylus and it came with a game called Lights Out

I got it to turn on after buying it some new batteries. Everything works and sounds good .....
    except for the screen.
    Here's where i am gonna need your guys help
    The screen partially works
    heres a photo of what i mean

i am wondering what are my options here. Is there a way to fix this? or should i just keep the unit as a spare parts unit? what you think?

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    As for actually playing the quests, they're accessible with a completed file. DON'T start a second playthrough before playing them because it doesn't matter if you're playing for the second, third, or hundredth time, it still counts as being in the middle of the game rather than the end and the Wi-Fi quests won't be playable.

Interesting. I'll have to remember that once I've completed the game. Oh, and I sympathize with you regarding your DS wi-fi issues. My Dad's router was so old and slow that my DS could never connect. Fortunately, my Dad upgraded to better router, so that issue was solved.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 03-05-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The screen on that Game.com is probably shot, probably better saving up another hard earned five bucks and buying another working one on Feebay.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a couple of packages on Thursday. One of them included my new Nintendo DSi XL (I've been wanting one since I saw the one my brother got from his son for Christmas) and a used DS game, the first DS version of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

I also got a couple audio CDs, one by Johnny Cash who I have more albums by (if you count everything, both vinyl and CD) than any other recording artist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

The garage sale season in my area is still slowly getting back on it's feet after a rough winter, although rain this morning has kept anyone from setting up. Also, since some of the parts I need for the PC I'm building have become available again, that's putting a drain on my wallet...but, after hearing about shortages of this game, I couldn't let it slip through my fingers. In fact, this game wasn't even listed in inventory at the local Gamestop; it was like it just appeared on their shelf overnight.

- Hyperdimension Neptunia [Premium Edition] (PS3. New): $60

Even though I couldn't stand Compile Heart's previous release (Trinity Universe), videos I saw online of this one made this look like it was going to be a lot better. So far, it's much better; the story is pretty good and the combat feels more refined (It doesn't feel as mindless as TriUni, which I like). I took a expensive gamble on this title, and it's paid off.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Few cheapies off ebay.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, it's no Go Ninja Go Ninja Go...

CDs $1 each
    Sonntag / Sonntag
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles OST (promo / damaged artwork)
    The Moog Cookbook - plays the classic rock hits "Ye Olde Space Bande" (UPC punch)
    The Ten Commandments - The Musical

I found these in a booth that had two boxes stacked with promo CDs. Most were either in good shape, but missing the front cover or booklet, or were complete but in horrible shape. Moog Cookbook is a bunch of rock songs played with a Moog synthesizer. Highlights: Born To Be Wild, Hotel California, Ziggy Stardust. o_O Sonntag was the random purchase of the day, and it's pretty neat. The TMNT soundtrack, well, I already own the one for part two. I actually found the third soundtrack a few weeks ago but it was damaged so I left it.

And... The Ten Commandments. Normally I skip over anything that's religious in any way, but. Val Kilmer? In a musical? AS MOSES? Whatthefuck! Apparently this was a pretty popular stage play, and there was no official soundtrack released; this is a promo CD. No UPC, no label, no catalog number. It's weird. I haven't listened to it yet, but I imagine it'll be okay.

The Neverhood - $2
    I went back to the booth, asked the guy about the binder and he said that he usually doesn't sell the stuff in those binders because they contain operating systems. But I told him "It's just a game" and he said "Oh okay." Score!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Bought that iPhone from a friend the other day, $75. I checked with AT&T and they warned me that if I used it as a phone that the data plan would be charged to my account, so I'm going to use it as a touch. It's a pretty cool little machine! Set up wi-fi and got netflix going, manga to read, music to listen to and so on. The wife saw me on netflix and now she's jealous

But looking at the price that people pay for these things, I'm almost considering selling this, along with our 2 old ipods and getting 2 new Ipod Touches!

Ordered a few games from Cmosfm on eBay...

Voyeur - CD-i
    Penguin Land - SMS
    The Best of Moldiver - Anime OST

And also won an auction for Evolution 2 for Dreamcast.

I think I mentioned that I bought all 3 .hack G.U. games from Gamestop.com's buy 2 get 1 free sale and what do you know? They arrived all disc only. Returned them to the store and got...

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
    Valhalla Knights 2 - PSP
    Atelier Annie - DS

Still have about $15 left over, eh. Would have preferred to get all 3 .hack G.U. games out of the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea Market..

,,,same flea market I went to last week(hoping to find the same vendors from last week)

I actually ran into the guy who bought all the Saturn Games last week,I asked if he was selling them on eBay,he says Yes...
    .I've seen the guy and talked to him a dozen times-admist the hunt.
    But he would not give me his user ID,even after I said I'd be interested in bidding/buying...

Windy day,
    Tons of People,bumping heads like in a parade,lots of vendors.
    ...and Dog Shit..I HATE when people bring dogs to flea markets and just let them Shit in the isles and not pick it up...

I watched a guy try to hold on to a big umbrella canopy,the wind lifted it and him up collapsing it and landing the guy on his back with the canopy on top of him..
    CRASH..and after he dug himself out he still had his cell phone in his ear..

JUNK...
    The day of junk there.no game vendors..
    people were just giving stuff-junk away and that became like a feeding frenzy.

.................................................. .
    Stuff bought off misc tables.

Broken Power Supply Port SNES $3.00

Taped up Wire NES plug $3.00(an I had to untangle it)

SNES Zelda Box(no game) $2.50
    N64 Zelda Game(was in SNES box) $2.50
    NES Zapper $2.00
    Old RF switch $2.00
    C64 Sea Wolf $1.00

Free magazines-in piles of free junk..

Radiator repair (from dad for pocket bike

Metal Car $1.00..