Thread: Ocarina of Time Title Screen vs. Drake's Fireworks (Intro to Thank Me Later)

Insert Coin (Level 0) jordandavid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ocarina of Time Title Screen vs. Drake's Fireworks (Intro to Thank Me Later)

Okay. This might belong in a Zelda fan forum, but I don't belong to any.. I noticed this when the album came out this summer and I was playing through Ocarina of Time...

How weird is this...make sure both load at the same time for full effect. Listen to each separately if you're unfamiliar with them.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=ht...ke+-+Fireworks
    Just my two coins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could have gone the rest of my life without hearing that, thanks.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    I could have gone the rest of my life without hearing that, thanks.
    I'm not sure if you're being sincere, but no problem if you're serious. I noticed it as soon as the album came out, and I google "drake fireworks vs. ocarina of time intro" from time to time thinking I can't be one of the only people who've noticed this, but there's really no mention of it that I've been able to find. Ocarina of Time was released in 1998, Drake's Thank Me Later was released in 2010. I created the mashup to make it simpler to listen to them side to side.
    Just my two coins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, what I meant is, it would have been fine by me if I'd gone the rest of my life without hearing that.

If that's your thing, then cool, I'm not trying to rag on you, but I did not need to hear it played against Zelda.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    No, what I meant is, it would have been fine by me if I'd gone the rest of my life without hearing that.

If that's your thing, then cool, I'm not trying to rag on you, but I did not need to hear it played against Zelda.
    Same here. I also believe that the only good mashup type is X vs. the Fresh Prince theme. Any other one really doesn't sound so good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

It might be just me, but I couldn't help but laugh when Epona squealed, about the only enjoyable thing I got out of that. Anyway, the songs didn't mash up well at all.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can hear the resemblance between the 2 songs (mostly made up of the piano in the intro of the Drake song and the piano of the Zelda song), but to make a correct mashup you need to put both songs to the same tempo and key, then sync them correctly to they sound right together. I actually see the potential combo between these but you can't just play one over another; it creates a jumble of unpleasant sound.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I can hear the resemblance between the 2 songs (mostly made up of the piano in the intro of the Drake song and the piano of the Zelda song), but to make a correct mashup you need to put both songs to the same tempo and key, then sync them correctly to they sound right together. I actually see the potential combo between these but you can't just play one over another; it creates a jumble of unpleasant sound.
    This. I see a lot of potential for an interesting mashup for these two songs, but it needs to be properly done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry guys, I wasn't trying to make a proper mash up, I was just trying to point out that the piano and the fireworks/footsteps are extremely similar. I figured putting it in a mashup with both videos side by side make it easier to access them both. You don't necessarily need to listen to them both together. That is all. I'm not promoting the song or anything, just pointing out something strange I noticed.
    Just my two coins.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jordandavid View Post
    sorry guys, I wasn't trying to make a proper mash up, I was just trying to point out that the piano and the fireworks/footsteps are extremely similar.
    Am I the only one that found this painfully obvious from your first post? And yes, I immediately recognized the similarities between the two. I'm not completely convinced that this Drake fellow lifted it from Zelda, as the chords are pretty common, but there is a strikingly similar vibe shared between them. Thanks for posting it!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    Am I the only one that found this painfully obvious from your first post? And yes, I immediately recognized the similarities between the two. I'm not completely convinced that this Drake fellow lifted it from Zelda, as the chords are pretty common, but there is a strikingly similar vibe shared between them. Thanks for posting it!
    Yep, I would love to have a proper mashup done so I can put it on my iPod. Your comparison video did its job and you promised nothing more, so I'm not sure about the hate.
    OP, hopefully you don't mind, but I messaged DJYuzoBoy with your comparison link since he sometimes fields requests. Hopefully he's interested and wants to tackle it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mashup, remix, same thing right?

Didn't click the link but I assume it's garbage. To get the bad teste out of your mouths here's a good remix.

Sonic CD Tidal Tempest + Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0WAn8qEkOU

Blazblue Theme remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4s_Nltytjg
    Last edited by wingzrow; 03-03-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Sonic View Post
    Yep, I would love to have a proper mashup done so I can put it on my iPod. Your comparison video did its job and you promised nothing more, so I'm not sure about the hate.
    OP, hopefully you don't mind, but I messaged DJYuzoBoy with your comparison link since he sometimes fields requests. Hopefully he's interested and wants to tackle it
    Of course, it's not like anyone else here can make video game related mashups or remixes

I'll take a look at it tonight.

Also, here's another awesome video game mashup.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!