Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A call for collectors

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I dunno, I never got into the whole "looking at other people's collections" thing. With some extreme exceptions it's all pretty much just games on a shelf.
    I'm a lot more interested in 'how' people store and display their games than what and how many games people own. That's why I like looking at other people's collections. I think a lot of gamers/collectors may feel that way as well.

Storage is almost always a factor with larger collections, and I like to see how creative some people while still being practical. Sometimes it inspires me to get more organized, or give me ideas I may not have thought of sooner.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I'm a lot more interested in 'how' people store and display their games than what and how many games people own. That's why I like looking at other people's collections. I think a lot of gamers/collectors may feel that way as well.

Storage is almost always a factor with larger collections, and I like to see how creative some people while still being practical. Sometimes it inspires me to get more organized, or give me ideas I may not have thought of sooner.
    This.

Some people have some really cool setups and I like to look at the, and quite honestly steal ideas for my game room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, storage is cool. For me it's just the presentation and the passion. I love reading an appreciative collector's memories and fondest moments in their collecting journey.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    The DudeGuyMan

What's your minimum threshold of stuff to be considered for the feature? I'd love to do something like that, in part because I collect totally cross-platform, and have a fair number of CIB games, as well as owning a large number of consoles. I wouldn't wager a guess as to how many games I have currently, but the last 3 years has seen my collection balloon due to falling prices on used stuff in some markets, especially PSP, PS2, and Xbox.
    Twitter Facebook YouTube Tumblr My personal blog
    Game Boy Guru project - I'm attempting to collect, play, & review every North American Game Boy release!

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed. I'm fascinated to see how people organize and display their collections, more so than the contents of the collection itself. It's especially interesting to get the perspective from folks on the other side of the pond or from different cultures.
    Host of the Retro Game Squad Podcast - check it out at www.retrogamesquad.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Couldn't agree with you guys more! My interest are in 1, sheer quantity, but, more importantly, how they're stored, and how they have their rig setup. A collection doesn't have to be huge to be impressive. Heck, you could have a warehouse full of pallets loaded with games and it would be less interesting than someone who has painstakingly gone to the trouble of organizing, cleaning up, and displaying their stuff.

That said, to answer various questions here, I'm willing to consider collections of any size. Just have something interesting, a unique story to tell, and a nicely organized and/or unique setup .

I got one response via PM that I'm going to engage, but link to an image of your rig/collection here and review the previous posts and we'll talk soon! Ideally, I'd like to do this monthly.

Thanks in advance!
    Dig it old-school?
    Visit http://www.retronick.com
    or follow me on twitter: @Retron8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mort View Post
    Agreed. I'm fascinated to see how people organize and display their collections, more so than the contents of the collection itself. It's especially interesting to get the perspective from folks on the other side of the pond or from different cultures.
    Glad to see you around these parts, buddy ;D. I've seen your rig in person and we should talk about having your stuff on if you're interested.
    Dig it old-school?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

TOTALLY neglected to post RVGF Steve's Hoarder's article here. Who wants to be featured next?

http://www.retronick.com/hoarders-st...rs-rvgf-steve/
    Dig it old-school?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Retronick View Post
    TOTALLY neglected to post RVGF Steve's Hoarder's article here. Who wants to be featured next?

http://www.retronick.com/hoarders-st...rs-rvgf-steve/
    Thanks again Retronick for being so generous as to host me. I had a blast with the interview

To everyone else, if you feel your collection is worth showing off, then go for it. It is a lot of fun and he's an awesome guy to work with.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!