Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Turbografx 16 back cover

  1. #1
    Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    geezuzkhrist119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    601
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

    Default Turbografx 16 back cover

    I scored a TG16 yesterday. The system came without the back plastic piece. I'm looking for a replacement piece. I looked on eBay and found nothing. Does anyone know where I can get one?
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

  2. #2
    Strawberry (Level 2) ccovell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    554
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Get a Turbobooster, Turbobooster Plus, or CD Unit. Any of those 3 will benefit you far more in the future (when you get sick of RF, passwords, and non-CD games) than just a plastic back cover.

  3. #3
    Pear (Level 6) Oldskool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I wonder sometimes why those are always missing. I know that sometimes the tabs break off and they dont stay in place. Other times i think they have a booster or cd unit installed that eventually gets removed. In either case its kinda annoying and makes the console look funny. Rf sucks like mentioned find a cd or booster for the better video output. The rf on the turbo is horible beyond words.

  4. #4
    Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    536
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    You don't really need it, I had it off for years with no problems plus it's easier to put on the AC adapter.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Aussie2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    122
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

    Default

    Mine's missing it too, but no big whoop for me. The TG-16 is a bit of an afterthought when I have my PC Engine Duo-RX.

  6. #6
    Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    geezuzkhrist119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    601
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccovell View Post
    Get a Turbobooster, Turbobooster Plus, or CD Unit. Any of those 3 will benefit you far more in the future (when you get sick of RF, passwords, and non-CD games) than just a plastic back cover.
    A turbobooster sounds like a good idea. How much do they go for?

    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    You don't really need it, I had it off for years with no problems plus it's easier to put on the AC adapter.

    In my opinion I think the console looks stupid without it. I plan on displaying my console collection when I get a house so I want it looking complete.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

  7. #7
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,677
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    I scored a TG16 yesterday. The system came without the back plastic piece. I'm looking for a replacement piece. I looked on eBay and found nothing. Does anyone know where I can get one?
    I have a spare one from a defective console, I don't know how much it's worth but I'd be willing to sell it if you could pick it up. Shipping costs would be more than it's worth IMO.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Aussie2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    122
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

    Default

    To be honest, it looks pretty stupid either way. :P You either got rectangular tumor butt or giant plastic sheath butt, take your pick. And then it's even more ridiculous yet if you get the CD add-on. I'm guessing they probably thought the PC Engine was too cutesy looking so they had to ugly it up.

  9. #9
    Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    geezuzkhrist119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    601
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I have a spare one from a defective console, I don't know how much it's worth but I'd be willing to sell it if you could pick it up. Shipping costs would be more than it's worth IMO.

    I'm willing to take it off your hands. I'm usually in Richmond hill like every other month so if you are willing to let me grab it off you that would be great.

    Shipping from you to me should be pennies.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

  10. #10
    Banana (Level 7) fahlim003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The sinking old sanctuary
    Posts
    1,508
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    I'm willing to take it off your hands. I'm usually in Richmond hill like every other month so if you are willing to let me grab it off you that would be great.

    Shipping from you to me should be pennies.
    It should be pennies within the province, but it's not. You're better off meeting up locally as GG suggests, the shipping cost would be quite high.

    Not to steer you away from GG, but as others have mentioned you should really get a TurboBooster Plus given that it has save memory and allows for cleaner RCA output. Otherwise, best of success.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

    9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

  11. #11
    Banana (Level 7) Atarileaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,483
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post

    Shipping from you to me should be pennies.
    You've never used Canada Post before have you

  12. #12
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,677
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    I'm willing to take it off your hands. I'm usually in Richmond hill like every other month so if you are willing to let me grab it off you that would be great.

    Shipping from you to me should be pennies.
    I'll gladly hold it for you until you'll be heading this way, I tend to keep spare parts in case they could be useful so I won't throw it out. I'd only want a few dollars for it as it's just a piece of plastic.

    Based on the dimensions shipping would probably be around $10, I really don't think it would be worth near that much. You could get the Turbobooster as others have said, I've never found one locally though so good luck if you'd prefer that. I'm still looking for one myself.

  13. #13
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Dark World
    Posts
    2,265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    To be honest, it looks pretty stupid either way. :P You either got rectangular tumor butt or giant plastic sheath butt, take your pick. And then it's even more ridiculous yet if you get the CD add-on. I'm guessing they probably thought the PC Engine was too cutesy looking so they had to ugly it up.
    Yeah, the Turbo Grafx has a really horrible looking design, IMO. I may be in the minority, but I actually think that the booster makes it look worse, and the CD add-on looks even worse still.

  14. #14
    Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    geezuzkhrist119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    601
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    It should be pennies within the province, but it's not. You're better off meeting up locally as GG suggests, the shipping cost would be quite high.

    Not to steer you away from GG, but as others have mentioned you should really get a TurboBooster Plus given that it has save memory and allows for cleaner RCA output. Otherwise, best of success.
    i might buy a booster in the future

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'll gladly hold it for you until you'll be heading this way, I tend to keep spare parts in case they could be useful so I won't throw it out. I'd only want a few dollars for it as it's just a piece of plastic.

    Based on the dimensions shipping would probably be around $10, I really don't think it would be worth near that much. You could get the Turbobooster as others have said, I've never found one locally though so good luck if you'd prefer that. I'm still looking for one myself.
    right on man thanx ill PM you the next time im heading down your way. would you happen to have a spare controller? the one i got is broken. the plug port is seperated from the cord and i dont think its fixible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Yeah, the Turbo Grafx has a really horrible looking design, IMO. I may be in the minority, but I actually think that the booster makes it look worse, and the CD add-on looks even worse still.
    the cd add-on is random and out of place. the pc engine had a killer design. i dont know why nec decided to lose the pc engine look.


    i was just looking on ebay and found this EPIC FAIL lmao.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Original-Turbo-Gr...item2ead890526
    I think grandma loved herself some turbografx lol
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

  15. #15
    Pear (Level 6) TurboGenesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,371
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Yeah, the Turbo Grafx has a really horrible looking design, IMO. I may be in the minority, but I actually think that the booster makes it look worse, and the CD add-on looks even worse still.
    I like the look of the Turbo Grafx 16 stock unit - its what I know as I purchased it in the spring of 1990 with my birthday money (it will be 21 years at the end of the month that I've had my TG16!)
    but I agree that the Turbo Booster makes it look odd and ugly… I saw one for the first time after ROBOTRON passed, his gaming stuff was being sold and that is when I seen the Turbo Booster on the console for the first time ever! It just looked odd and funny…

    as for the CD unit, it is not the best looking, but it doesn't look too bad in my opinion, again - its what I know and familiar with as I got the CD unit in 1991…

    in regards to why the Turbo Grafx looks like it does from the PC Engine, there were FCC rules and regulations that had to be met for the North American region so NEC went with that design to conform to FCC…

    as I said I am fine and happy with the Turbo Grafx look as it was the only look I know as I had never see a PC Engine until around the late 1990s and I think it looks too odd - but I like what I know and what I know is the USA Turbo Grafx 16

  16. #16
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,677
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    right on man thanx ill PM you the next time im heading down your way. would you happen to have a spare controller? the one i got is broken. the plug port is seperated from the cord and i dont think its fixible.
    I do have a spare fully working controller, is $10 alright for one? The rarity guide here lists $15 but I'm not sure if it's current and it's been awhile since I've seen spare controllers for sale for comparison.

    I might have some spare games too if you were looking for any, I still haven't sorted out the games I got in a bundle I bought awhile back.

  17. #17
    Apple (Level 5) tubeway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,081
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    You're better off meeting up locally as GG suggests
    Make sure to bring a safetybuddy and don't drink anything that's offered.

  18. #18
    Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    geezuzkhrist119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    601
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I do have a spare fully working controller, is $10 alright for one? The rarity guide here lists $15 but I'm not sure if it's current and it's been awhile since I've seen spare controllers for sale for comparison.

    I might have some spare games too if you were looking for any, I still haven't sorted out the games I got in a bundle I bought awhile back.
    10 bucks seems good. I'm not really isn the market for games but for a cheap price ill be interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    Make sure to bring a safetybuddy and don't drink anything that's offered.
    I'll bring a pack of angry midgets for back up if this deal goes south.
    What if GG offers me a sandwich? Can I take that? Lol
    Last edited by geezuzkhrist119; 03-16-2011 at 01:45 AM.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

  19. #19
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,677
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    10 bucks seems good. I'm not really isn the market for games but for a cheap price ill be interested.
    Ok, whenever you'll be heading this way just send me a PM. The only cheap games I have are extra copies of Keith Courage so I guess we won't need to worry about any games.

    Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    I'll bring a pack of angry midgets for back up if this deal goes south.
    What if GG offers me a sandwich? Can I take that? Lol
    A few members here already met with me in person so you could ask them if you had any worries. Sparky, fahlim003, Technosis just mentioning a few. I know you were joking but I might as well mention it.

    Plus some more references from the other forum I'm on, all met in person;
    http://cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t...=asc&start=106

  20. #20
    Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    geezuzkhrist119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brantford, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    601
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Ok, whenever you'll be heading this way just send me a PM. The only cheap games I have are extra copies of Keith Courage so I guess we won't need to worry about any games.
    I got Keith courage don't need another copy.

    A few members here already met with me in person so you could ask them if you had any worries. Sparky, fahlim003, Technosis just mentioning a few. I know you were joking but I might as well mention it.

    Plus some more references from the other forum I'm on, all met in person;
    http://cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t...=asc&start=106
    Ill take your word. If you got any other stuff you don't want, I'm willing to take some off your hands
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 10:51 AM
  2. Pitfall, 32X, Back Cover blurb.
    By Sn4tcH20 in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
  3. Shining Force CD back cover
    By Rev. Link in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 06:55 PM
  4. Destrega (US) BACK COVER needed
    By PS1Expert in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM
  5. Final doom back cover help Playstation
    By Howie6925 in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •