Thread: Action Replay DSLite Firmware Update V 1.71 Not Effin Working...Any Help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ThoughtBomb

Angry Action Replay DSLite Firmware Update V 1.71 Not Effin Working...Any Help?

Hello alls,

So I'm trying to download an update for my bro's Action Replay (something about new Pokemon codes), well I went to the codejunkies.com site, downloaded the firmware file, followed all directions, but when I go to drag and drop the file into the Action Replay Code Manager Software, I get a message stating "not a firmware file".
    Now just to clarify, the file is a .bin. For whatever reason, VLC media player was selected as the default program to open all .bin files. I then went into folder options (Windows XP) and disassociated the file type with that program. I tried again to drag and drop but no go. Has anyone had this issue or know anything about it? Thanks.
    Oh no! The truck have started to move!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Try downloading it again. Might be a corrupted file.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

I have the same issue. I use a ds lite, with one of the original action replay devices, like version 1.0, it has a bios of 1.54, and the website said you need 1.71 for the pokemon codes, fair enough....

I have the original software cd loaded, and clicked on the update icon in the upper right, which updated the software and the software will communicate with the action replay hardware. When I drag and drop the bin file it gives me the same error.

I wrote to codejunkies but did not get a reply. Thier website has an updated version of the software "if you loose your cd then download this" After installing the updated software, the software can no longer read the hardware of the action replay. I removed the software, reinstalled the original version from the cd, and it reads the hardware fine. But I still cannot upgrade the action replay firmware from version 1.54 to 1.71

I feel your pain. I'm sure the mfg wants us to purchase a new action replay, but I'll be damned if they get anymore of my money if they don't support their products.
    I'm just trying to keep from losing my mind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ThoughtBomb

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
    I have the same issue. I use a ds lite, with one of the original action replay devices, like version 1.0, it has a bios of 1.54, and the website said you need 1.71 for the pokemon codes, fair enough....

I have the original software cd loaded, and clicked on the update icon in the upper right, which updated the software and the software will communicate with the action replay hardware. When I drag and drop the bin file it gives me the same error.

I wrote to codejunkies but did not get a reply. Thier website has an updated version of the software "if you loose your cd then download this" After installing the updated software, the software can no longer read the hardware of the action replay. I removed the software, reinstalled the original version from the cd, and it reads the hardware fine. But I still cannot upgrade the action replay firmware from version 1.54 to 1.71

I feel your pain. I'm sure the mfg wants us to purchase a new action replay, but I'll be damned if they get anymore of my money if they don't support their products.
    That's just ridiculous. Heaven forbid a company tries to stick by it's product and write up a code for it's older versions...

Kirby I haven't tried that but from what I've seen it's not a matter of the file itself, but I guess trying wouldn't hurt.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fix for Action Replay 1.71 Firmware Bug

Hi, I had a bit of a time finding this solution, so I wanted to share it. I also had v1.54 of the Action Replay and after some searching discovered that it's not compatible with v1.71 firmware. To use the Pokemon Black/White codes, you need to instead install v1.55 from: http://datelcustomerservice.com/file..._firm_1_55.zip

This will allow you to use the codes for Pokemon Black/White

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
    Hi, I had a bit of a time finding this solution, so I wanted to share it. I also had v1.54 of the Action Replay and after some searching discovered that it's not compatible with v1.71 firmware. To use the Pokemon Black/White codes, you need to instead install v1.55 from: http://datelcustomerservice.com/file..._firm_1_55.zip

I registered just for the sake of replying to this post to say that it works. Thank you much Briggs. I owe you much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ThoughtBomb

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs View Post

Many many many thanks Briggs!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

help me ever since i downloaded the 1.55 firmware into my AR it wont read my ar it keeps saying "insert action replay" when i insert a game to the top it will say that and "start" on the bottom screen when i choose my code and it cant be read by my code manager.
    plz someone HELP

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Re: sumdy

Quote Originally Posted by sumdyl View Post
    help me ever since i downloaded the 1.55 firmware into my AR it wont read my ar it keeps saying "insert action replay" when i insert a game to the top it will say that and "start" on the bottom screen when i choose my code and it cant be read by my code manager.
    plz someone HELP
    I received a private message from sumdy with essentially this same information, so I decided to respond both here and to his/her message.

First, I am not in any way affiliated with Datel Gaming or Codejunkies. I just lucked out and found the solution I posted on their customer service website.

Therefore, I have no way of troubleshooting the issue that sumdy is having with his/her AR. I am very sorry to hear that your AR is not behaving properly after installing the v1.55 firmware update. It worked for me and seems to have also worked for at least two others on the site. I'm not sure why it did not work for you. I recommend that you contact their customer service or tech support to see if there is anything they can do to help you.

Again, please accept my apologies that your AR is not working.

**Edit: One thing that comes to mind, make sure you have your AR in the update mode by clicking the icon that looks like a computer mouse. The Code Manager Software won't recognize the AR unless it's in that mode.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sumdyl View Post
    plz someone HELP
    I think I can help since I've had a similar problem. When you insert the game and choose your cheats then hit start, it tells you to insert the action replay right? Take the game out and insert the action replay to save the cheats, and then insert the game again. It should load the game up and the cheats should work fine. That's how mine works anyways.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Action Replay update help

ok so i have a problem. i have an action replay ds, and i have pokemon white. i want to use my action replay on the aforementioned game. i downloaded the ar v1.71 file from codejunkies(http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/ar...article_id=434) and followed every step. however, when i get to the "are you sure you wish to update" message, i click yes, and then it tells me "Protocol Error"

i am really frustrated, having tried this on several different computers. please help!!