Thread: GBA SP screen is significantly more washed out looking, and when jarred shows lines

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ninjamohawk

Default GBA SP screen is significantly more washed out looking, and when jarred shows lines

I swapped boards from one of my AGS-101's with another AGS-101. However now both of them have more washed out looking colors, seems artificially brighter than GBA games played on a DS Lite, and when slightly shook during play shows weird lines just for a moment.

I thought I had reinserted the ribbons incorrectly when reassembling the systems but I redid them and now both are firmly in place. Still having the problem.

Now, it's been a while since I used my GBA's but I don't remember this line issue. (it's extremely faint) and I thought the AGS-101's screen was identical to that of the DS Lite.

Any thoughts on what this might be, if anything? Or am I just remembering the SP as looking like the DS lite?

EDIT: Another thought: Even if both are AGS-101's could there maybe be a problem switching boards like that?
    EDIT2: In case anyone else ever tries this: Yeah you can't switch boards. I swapped back and now they both work like before. Cautionary tale.

Reason I did this in the first place was because a) I wanted practice for when I mod my SP shell. b) One SP seemed to have better action on the D-pad than the other, and smoother sound.
    Last edited by Ninjamohawk; 03-16-2011 at 07:50 PM.